Parent reviews for Collateral

Collateral Poster Image

Collateral

I have read many of the other reviews of parents which you will have also read... In short they completely misunderstood the whole movie. This is not an attempt to glamourise crime nor is it a film dedicated to mindless killing. This film explores deep philosophy such as the insignificance of humanity. Tom Cruise's character who is a hitman is not a hitman to glamourise crime he is a hitman so he juxtaposes with Jaime Foxxs stuck in the rat race taxi driver. This film explores the cosmos philosophy the idea of human insignificance and how this philosophy can free us as we put a new perspective on our lives. I won't spoil anything else but cinematography, music and tone is all excellent!! This film promotes a new outlook on life in the same way fight club does it attempts to use the story pleases the average viewer and the deeper themes cinematography ect for film addicts.

1 person found this helpful.

Terrible acting

A waste of my time. No plot and really slow. This film was pathetic and drab.

Beautiful cinematography, exciting action and great performances! Suitable for 15+

There's a lot of gun violence, but only mild-to-moderate amounts of blood. When someone gets shot there's usually just a puff of dust/smoke, not much blood. The bloodiest moment in the film occurs when a main character is shot in the shoulder, and a significant amount of blood sprays out. The character is not seriously wounded though. One intense car accident with some blood on the windshield. Language includes moderate usage of the f-word for dramatic impact. Some mature 14 year olds could handle it, but it's best for 15+

Good premise, good acting, good film

An excellent thriller with great characters and scenery.

not rated for age

Why make this movie?

Ok, a view into the life of a hit man can seem like an interesting concept - but why? Why devote hours of your life to learn about the scum of society. The movie is pretty boring and Jamie Fox's character never hits the right moment and stands out as a real hero. He just seems like a incapable sort of loser. I guess I wonder why people whould pay money to people who produce "downer" movies or movies that glorify the lowest forms of life like the also terrible movie "monster" or "pulp fiction". Why make pseudo-stars or heros of characters who are killers & murderers. Eventhough these characters eventually get theirs, they are still given much more mindshare than people who are actually doing good things in the world. What does it say about us when good dosen't sell? Especially for teenagers, these movies carry no redemming qualities. As a pure escape only, it was just ok.
not rated for age