Kid reviews for Collateral

Collateral Poster Image

One of Tom Cruise’s best.

Collateral is an excellent movie starring Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx. It concerns a taxi driver who is forced to drive a hit man to the homes of his targets. What always struck me as off, though, is the R rating. Especially considering some of what gets an R versus some of what doesn’t, such as Taken, which is darker and has more violence, being rated PG-13. There is violence, obviously, and swearing, which is probably why it has an R rating. Personally, I don’t understand why one f bomb practically guarantees an R rating, but Titanic, which has bare breasts, is PG-13. Anyway, the violence can get intense in a couple of scenes, but it’s not too bad. Great movie for teens and adults.

Not as violent as you think.

This movie is REALLY GOOD. It has small violent bits like a man falling onto a car. The blood in that scene was probably one of the worst. It has small blood dripping down a window. The killer has a pattern when he shoots someone. He shoots them twice in the chest and once in the head. A man gets shot in the ear and a small blood splurge goes on. There is a scene in a morgue that shows victims who were shot. A scene in a nightclub shows strippers very quickly. Most of the time in the cab they converse about life and how you just gotta take that shot cause you don’t know what tomorrow has in stall for you.

great movie, great thriller.

I have thoroughly enjoyed it and i highly recommend this. Might be a bit scarier to a younger audiance but highly recommended.

Violent w/ language, but no too bad.

Hey guys, I'm back and bringing you quality reviews from a 17 year old perspective!(I'm 17)This was a great movie! Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx definitely deliver! The film is violent, but not terribly bad. There is a lot of blood and only 1ish graphic scene. There is a lot of language! many uses of ***k, along w/ other swears. There are good role models in Jamie Foxx's character. This was a great and action packed film. It IS rated R, so if you are not 17, definitely get your parent's permission before watching it. There is no sex in this movie.

Slow pace movie with an intense climax. Good performances from Jamie Foxx and Tom Cruise

Not as violent as the review says

I think it is a good plot and It is very interesting. There is little blood and gore, but a lot of fighting and deaths. *SPOILER, There is one bloody scene in the beginning where a dead man hits the top of a car.

Michael Mann’s best since heat

Common sense is just plain wrong. This movie is about as clean as an r rated movie can get without being pg 13. This movie is about the relationship between two characters: a hit man, and the taxi driver that the hit man is forcing to drive around on his various hits. This movie is amazing, with many moral questions being asked by both characters throughout the movie, and in the end, both characters learn their lessons and realize the right thing they have to do. There is incidental language, only used when something extremely horrible happens to a pain character, such as a gun pointed to his head, or a dead body falling from a building. Violence is also at a minimum, with mostly bloodless action. There are a few scenes with blood, but not enough to push the r rating. There is also no sex. The only thing making this r would be the very infrequent f Bombs which again are incidental and not used often. This movie is heartfelt, enjoyable, stylish, and Michael Mann’s best since heat. Also tom cruises best performance.

A very mild action movie, very decent!

Well first off i was supposed to watch this movie a long time from now because its so far down on my list but i recently saw the fever club shootout scene on YouTube thanks to my guy Ex Hit-man and i was like oh hell no i gotta watch this movie today and i also squeezed in the dark knight trilogy so i can re-watch then and admire how good they were and still are. So anyway i saw the trailer as well but it didn't show enough action for me but i didn't care because i was just willing to watch it with my mom and dad just for the fever club shootout and i was waiting for that part to come on at 1 hour and 20 minutes but anyway at the end my dad told me he saw this a long time ago but my mom said she didn't so i don't know to be honest. Anyway after seeing it really wasn't all that bad i mean i did expect it to kinda be like john wick but if it was like john wick i would have saw this a long time ago. So after seeing it there really wasn't any action other than the fever club shootout i mean there were some slight small mild occurrences like a few fight scenes and shooting but other than that nothing. It was like one of these on hit wonder movies and single movies without there ever being a sequel like Harry Brown and Mr and Mrs Smith. It felt kind of off there was too much dialogue in the beginning and basically through most of the rest of the movie. Anyway at the last 30 minutes of the movie it turned into a straight up horror movie and there was chasing and it was nail-biting and i was actually genuinely intrigued about that part and i kinda felt like a lifetime movie and it was a major plot twist, anyway this was a good movie!
The best movie ever!

R for violence and language