Parent reviews for Coming 2 America

Coming 2 America Poster Image

Great to see McDowell's and the gang

A much anticipated sequel and very uneven. The film reeks of homage (this is not negative). All of the actors know what this is and are all on board to have a big fun ride. Some jokes do not just fall flat but plummet terribly, but overall we all know why we are there, because we all loved the original and have fond memories of McDowell's and the gang. I do not think the film disappoints as much as reminds us of the power of remembering something fondly from our youth.

Inappropriate Language

I was surprised to see this film was PG 13...my husband and I started watching it since we were fans of the first Coming To America, but we hardly got through 15 minutes. The first one had more wholesome elements to it, this one... not. It had very inappropriate language and innuendos, and I would not let my child watch it.

Fun sequel if not a bit cheesy, but NOT for kids!

Had it's fun moments as a sequel. But totally inappropriate for children. This is without question a very hard PG-13 that should have just let the language fly and gone with an R rating.

Surprising story about character and love

Yes, there is some crass humor - it’s eddy Murphy after all - but the perfect hook for my young teen boys to get pulled into a story about character over cash, and finding the right person for you.

Not worth it.

This movie is very sexual, disrespectful to a culture and women. It wasn' t funny I can't believe they would use the word [email protected]***** son that is very mean and shameful someone would say seeing that alot of kids in this world are either stepchildren or have no father. I am very displeased with this film. I would give this a -10 if I could. Don't waste your time watching this film

Awesome

I think it was hilarious ....production wise so much fun to watch it must have been fun to act for the cast......it was fun

Great sequel for older teens

Talent abounds with this one as it did with the first, but that one’s R rating is now PG-13. So inappropriate for young tweens & teens. Great for the mid- to older teens.

Amazing

Amazing!So many surprising characters popping in.it was like a family reunion!super fun !super family oriented,Dope movie !Eddie dope movie! Our family laughed and had fun watching it!

Not funny

This movie had so much potential but it failed to hit its comedic target. I've seen every one of these comedians do a lot better. The storyline was trite and predictable. I rather visit Wakanda.

Bit rude but very funny.

Look out the language and sex because even though it's not over the top like the 1st one it's definitely not for people like 8 year old's. You don't really need to watch the first one to watch this one but there are some references to some events on Coming to America. A bit of mild swearing like hell, b*tch, and sh*t. but not a lot. They call people a ho and women wear reaviling clothing as well as a couple references to having sex. Don't let people under 13 or mature 12 watch this movie. there is also a bit of guns and talk about murder. King Akeem is a good role model (sometimes).