All teen and kid member reviews for Coming to America

Teen, 14 years old Written bymcmovie123 July 10, 2010

dont have to watch the R rated version

If ur kid wants to seethis movie than theres a pg version that has no f words and that sex seen is taken out.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycolt45copman April 9, 2008

Funny stuff

Funny, little known gem!
Teen, 17 years old Written byDirectedbyjpc April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byrunnerguy357 April 12, 2014

Great movie. One or two scenes

There is one scene when the royal bathers clean the prince and when they show up on the screen naked they say "the royal penis is clean your majesty" other that that 5 out of 5 funny...
Teen, 15 years old Written bysoccerstarfish December 31, 2011

AH HA!

I saw this movie when I was 7 and to this day when there is an awkward moment my father and I will say: "One time, I went to a restaurant and asked the waiter if he would please come over. He kept asking me what was wrong so I said: Look. At the soup. Sir, this bowl is empty. AH HA!" To put it simply. But still I do remember the royal servents being naked and the guy saying stuff like: I haven't had s** in weeks! O_o Ummmm ok. Other than that, awesome! It is rated R though, so yeah.
Teen, 15 years old Written byreed Carson January 8, 2011

Little ones, stay away.

This was a great movie. Funny. I always wondered why my mom always talked about it, now I know why. This was pretty much an non-seasonal, adult version of Elf. A man in a new world. This man happens to be prince searching for a bride in America. He meets Lisa. Oh-la-la-Lisa. You see bare boob's several times. Sammie is seen 'playing around'. Many F-words slip. At least 35-45. The role models are great and so is the plot. Learn to love even if they are a Sheep Header or a Prince or a Fast Food Worker. All in all, A great FILM!
Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2016

Hilarious yet raunchy Eddie Murphy comedy has lots of swearing, plus nudity; teens+

This hilarious comedy can be pretty crude and profane, but should still be OK for mature teenagers. In the end, the movie even has some heart, and the characters and story are rich and humorous. Nudity includes lingering shots of bare breasts just minutes into the movie, and language includes near-constant F-Bombs and the rest of the standard rated-R package.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJoker912 December 16, 2016

Funny

This movie had some funny moments, but it was cheesy
Kid, 11 years old June 25, 2016

Excellent!

How to begin? How about "This movie is excellent!" I LOVED this movie. Now, there are PLENTY of things that are inappropriate, but it's normally just used for laughs. Just a few things to mention: LOTS of swearing (I.e. "F--k You!" "Yes-- F--k You Too!"), Sexual Jokes/References, More Swearing, A wee bit 'o violence, nakedness, etc. But, Honestly, it's not that bad! Older kids (or me) can handle it. The story follows two African men (Totality!) Who search for a wife who does not to desire to serve their husband, and instead, cares about who their husband is. (Or Something along those lines.",) and all that happens from then. At times it IS a bit overwhelming, but it's not always that bad. All in all, 4/5 stars. Excellent!
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2015
This movie is okay, but this movie didn't show off the real character that Eddie Murphy is known for playing, and was slow moving. When I was watching, I was just thinking, "When will this end," because I was about to die of boredom. Though this movie does have bits to laugh at. It is a disappointment.