Kid reviews for Contact

Thoughtful adaptation of Sagan novel; violence, peril.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

Excellent film

Although things seem to go wrong most of the time for the main character, it is all redeemed with the ending, which was fantastic. There really isn't any objectionable content in the movie either, except for a tame lying-in-the-same-bed-naked scene; but like I said, it's non-explicit.
This was a good movie, but you would have to have an understanding of science and science fiction to fully get it, as many refrences are made. The main character, Ellie Arroway, is the leading scientist on a team trying to discover other civilzations in the universe. Throught the movie, I had to pause it and ask my dad "Wait, what just happened?" or "Wait, what was the signifigance of that part?" because I do not have a strong understanding of science fiction. Overall, it was a good movie!
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe April 28, 2013

Good, but there's a few boring scenes

When I saw this, I was liable to fall asleep. This movie came out shortly after Carl Sagan died. Funny because there was a song by The Police with the same movie title.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrushi October 24, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byD.J.K. June 21, 2018

A thoughtful and intense story.

Contact is more of a philosphical film than a sci-fi one, and the more human themes are portrayed masterfully.