All parent member reviews for Contagion

Parent of a 11 year old Written byThe Big E February 29, 2012

Excellent Medical Thriller

Excellent movie which may scare the living daylights out of you because is so horribly real - not in its portrayal of splatter or gore, in fact it is not a particularly gory movie, but in its all too realistic portrayal of a society teetering on the verge of collapse and the way the members of that society react to the crisis. Much, MUCH better than Outbreak, by the way.
Adult Written bykoujokakyuu January 9, 2012

Disease is Scary Stuff!

Not for kids. Most high schoolers could handle it. Parents should take the opportunity to discuss hygiene and emergency plans in real life. Many characters make questionable decisions in the film (noblility and self-sacrifice vs. selfishness). Their actions and their consequences should be discussed.
Parent Written bystersource November 17, 2011

Don't waste your time or money POS

Terribly B O R I N G We left 70 mins into the movie AWFUL!!! D U M B D U M B
Parent Written byflipflops2012 October 23, 2011

Not Too Inappropriate!

Contagion is quite dramatic, and sad. It was a good movie, but not as good as I expected it to be. It sort of dragged on, and I had a hard time staying awake towards the end of it. It does, however, have a decent story line and a lot of good actors and actresses in it. There is some bad language included in the movie. There is little sexual content, but there is the issue of a woman cheating on her husband while on a business trip. There is also scenes of the same woman partying at a casino while on the same business trip. The movie isn't too bad as far as violence, but there is a very disturbing scene of an autopsy that's quite graphic. In my opinion, the movie should be suitable for most teenagers.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byLaurensmom September 28, 2011

A great statement about the importance of public health

As someone who used to work for the CDC, I really enjoyed this movie. I like the GOOD message about government--something we see far too little. There are a number of selfless heroes, including one who dies trying to prevent the outbreak and another who risks her life for the same purpose. Its also wonderful to see successful women scientists. In addition, it allows parents to talk about the importance of vaccination and of public health more generally.
Parent Written byHopeSeekr September 28, 2011

11 yro loved it

The movie really gives your family an appreciation for our way of life, including the value of electricity, transportation and shipping lines, and above all, the medical accomplishments of the 20th Century. Took the eldest kid (11 yro and a genius) and my woman to this movie. The only scene I felt I should shield him from was the autopsy, but that was mostly at his mother's insistence ;P It didn't show much; the X-Files The Movie autopsy scene was more graphic, I think. it was much less than you'd see in any Nip/Tuck show, for instance, and I thought it was pretty neat. I'll be buying it on BluRay.
Parent Written bydxyphr September 10, 2011

Hygiene Rules

erring towards hygiene is a better habit.