Kid reviews for Cool Runnings

Delightful, tween-friendly story of Jamaican bobsledders.

Teen, 15 years old Written byShinjo April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Loved it

This is a great movie!!! I loved it! they do swear in this movie though!
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2010
this movie is a great movie though the word ass is repeated several times along with crap. There is a fist fight and some mean bobsledding temas just taunting each other. There is a crash in the bobsled but nothing to serios it is hilarious and good for kidsages7 and up

Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2010

GREAT under-rated family movie!

This is a realllllly relalllllllly good movie for kids 7 and up, they will definitely enjoy it and its also very inspirational and has good rolemodels because its all about these jamaican people who try to win gold at the winter olympics and its a true story. it will probably appeal more to younger kids, although i LOVED it and I know LOTS of adults who really enjoyed it as well. If its fun, safe and inspirational family viewing your after, you cannot go past Cool Runnings! There are a few mild insults and some archive footage of bobsled crashes but nothing graphic. The film talks about loyalty, honesty and persistence and bravery, which is good for kids! :)

Kid, 9 years old July 12, 2013

So Funny!!!

I love this movie! It's very positive in all ways. Great for family movie nights! The only issue is swearing. They do it a lot! Besides that it is a fantastic true story, that has the messages about truly being yourself.

Educational Value
Kid, 10 years old November 10, 2012

Great Film

Swears quite a bit and there is one seen with a bar fight.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjames brown April 9, 2008

Great

Probubly the only clean comady out there any more not that much languge
Kid, 10 years old March 1, 2014

REALLY cute movie

I love this movie!!

Kid, 12 years old October 6, 2012

Amazing!!

Amazing, definitely one of the best movies I've ever seen. Great role models and messages~ teaching you to never give up and give it your best shot. These guys had no experience in bobsledding but they made is far. It was so funny. I recommend this so much. Swearing was really minor, shouldn't be too noticeable.

Kid, 8 years old August 13, 2012

awsome

it is pretty funny great movie I loved it about bobsledding
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2017

Great movie

I watched Cool Runnings with my grandmother and loved it. It was funny, inspiring, and fun. There was one scene, however, where there was some cussing.

Teen, 13 years old Written byovid230 May 22, 2017
I love this movie! It's very funny, you should definitely watch it!

Teen, 15 years old Written byscottucudfrjfrtfgv December 1, 2016
very very very healthful i loved watching Major key to success LION I love that

Kid, 11 years old May 11, 2017

SOOOO FUNNY,i absaulotly love this movie,it has a small amout of swearing,but thats it,the plot is about jamacan runners,who trip in the olypic tryouts,so they get a team together and make the first jamaican bobsled team,just a couple guys and an egg
Kid, 11 years old March 11, 2018

Great movie but should not be rated G.

This movie is great! It has exciting parts, nail biting parts, sad parts but mostly funny parts! Though this movie is great, it still shouldn't be rated G. Various uses of the "A word", crap and more. Also this movie has some parts with smoking, and the team drinks too much and starts a bar fight. 10 years olds, maybe even 9 year olds could handle it. But this movie also shows great teamwork and encouragement.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviegirl700 December 20, 2018

Strong Language overpowers a good story.

Can't say more then this: too much language for a kid movie. Don't bother.