All parent member reviews for Courageous

Parent Written byKMM5 April 23, 2014

Know your child

My daughter had a hard time with it. There are several life circumstances that she hadn't thought of and wasn't quite ready for. She also had a hard time with the child who's father was absent. If your child is sensitive maybe hold off on this one.
Parent Written byericcs November 1, 2011

Two thumbs WAY Up! An excellent movie

Parent of a 2, 4, and 7 year old Written bynewgirl1993 April 15, 2012

Love

This a really great movie with good story line. Thire is a few things not good for young kids but not much. This is one i can wach with my kids around but they dont really wach it they get very board with it for it is geard more for adults.
Parent of a 11 and 11 year old Written bycpsnow March 10, 2012

Great, inspirational movie!

This movie is spot on for what is needed in todays society.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez February 8, 2012

12 and up.

Courageous is a awesome christian movie that has good messages and good role models and parents the only thing you need to worry about in this movie is some mild violence that can be hard to watch the message in this movie is about the importance of being a "present" father who doesn't just go through the motions but really takes his job as a father seriously Javier puts his morals and his family first, even if it could cost him a job In the aftermath of tragedy, Adam dedicates himself to becoming a better father David decides to accept responsibility for the child he never met the role model is that Adam, Javier, and Nathan are admirable men who believe that their role as fathers is sacred. Javier is hardworking, honest, and a committed family man.
Educator and Parent Written byTechno Viking February 5, 2012

ALL Fathers need to see this movie!

As a father of three girls, ages 5, 3 and 3 months, this movie was the 2nd most powerful movie I have ever seen. Even though I am a Christian, this movie speaks POWERFULLY towards all fathers. We, as fathers, need to realize how vastly important we are in our kids lives and how our actions and words can and undoubtedly will resonate through their entire lives. Our society needs strong fathers and so many have failed, but it is never too late to change. This movie goes a long way towards communicating that. I HIGHLY recommend this movie.
Adult Written bysarahkay89 January 27, 2012

Great movie!! A must see!

Excellent movie. Well done. Humor, drama and overall wonderful message. Highly recommend for parents or anyone. Cinematically very well done, so might be too violent for children (gang initiations, police gun fights, etc)
Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written bytiredmom545 January 27, 2012

Not Bad

I was surprised by how well-done this film was. I was expecting it to be cheesy and preachy. It is touching and mostly realistic.
Parent of a 14 and 18 year old Written byMamaLinda January 6, 2012

Great message about parenting, great for kids, teens too

Excellent movie with great messages for dads, but really for entire families. Might be okay for kids younger than 10, just be prepared for some tense shoot-em-up cop scenes and a tragedy that will catch you off guard. My entire family loved it -- bring the tissues though!
Parent Written byFather of Six November 15, 2011

A MOVIE THAT MAKES A DIFFERNCE

In short, this movie sends a bullet to the heart of a critical problem in this country. The lack of Godly leadership from men in their own homes directly affects the next generation of sons and daughters and how they address the pervasive temptations of our misguided society. This movie should be a "must see" for everyone but will probably only be appreciated by those who already understand the gravity of our situation and already bend a knee to our Lord. The movie really grabs the viewers attention as it moves from scene to scene, examining the serious life dramas in and amongst several different types of ethnic families, mostly centered around law enforcement. Athough there is much humor throughout the film, most parents will find it difficult not to shed a tear or two or even three as several of the films dramas may hit close to home. This combination of lighthearted humor and sadness only adds to the films appeal. The message is profound . A must see!
Parent Written byMike S November 13, 2011

Inspiring

Courageous is God's message to let society know that Fathers role in life is so important. We fathers need to be loving caring and leaders, a role that has diminished because of our sins, and Christians accepting the view that we cannot change this world!.