Kid reviews for Courageous

Despite violence, Christian fatherhood drama is uplifting.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDMfanCassy November 1, 2011

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!

This is one is on my TOP 10 FAVORATE MOVIE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this movie alot.... I went to see it with my brother and a few friends.... But when I left the theater I wish my dad was there to see it with us! He did pick us up... and I really hope we see it with him soon!!! I have never seen a movie like this. I liked that it had some things in the movie that was on edge for us teenagers, cause even though most Christian movie I've seen are really good, this isn't for anyone under 10... and it give teens some freedom to see a good movie that isn't for younger children, but without any kind of profanity or imorality. It was very good, and when (SPOIL ALERT!) Adam's son said that he wished he had been a better brother to his late sister, it made me think about my siblings... and that if they were gone tomorrow, what if i didn't say I was sorry for something or made them feel bad about something.... SO this is a MUST SEEEE!!! OK? :)

Teen, 13 years old Written bycarlisle706 November 2, 2011

love movie

This movie is the best. I hope it will teach people to love there families and GOD.

Kid, 11 years old August 19, 2012

BEST christian movie of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a GREAT movie!!!!!!!!!! I saw it a few months ago and still remember every single part! I has some police chases and fist fights so it may be too much for a 7 year old to handle. The only reason why i clicked the (drinking, drugs and/or smoking with the martini glass button) was because it does involve drugs. One police officer gets caught only giving half of the evidence (drugs) the other half that he did not give he eats or ingects or how ever it is that you do drugs. but other than that i love this movie!!!! For sure the BEST christian movie of the year!!!!!!!!! Wonderful family movie!!!!!!! Have a blessed day!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCritoconomy April 19, 2017

Watch it if you are christian or even if you aren't.

This movie is incredible. And by that i mean one of the best on earth! Watch it if you have doubts on your faith towards God. Or are a good believer or even if you aren't a christian. This is one of my favorites.

Kid, 9 years old June 7, 2012

The kendrick brothers outdid themselves again!!!!!

By far probably my favorite movie!! It made me cry it made me laugh it really made me think. It is a christian movie must see. But for an uncritical warning there is a lot of violence especially guns considering the careers of some of the main rolls our police officers.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybiovox14 December 19, 2016

Why only 3 stars?

Ok so this has absolutely no sex, violence is in context, no language, some drug content, but again, in context. This is a great film and all Christians (and non Christians) should watch this:)
Teen, 17 years old Written byFightingFires December 28, 2015

Top Choice

This is one of my all-time favorite movies! For the most part very realistic, though the shoot-out near the end isn't quite law enforcement reality. I like the gang activity and the focus on fatherlessness, as those things are prominent in today's America and people need to realize that and start doing something about it. God makes the change from bad to good! A must-see, especially for soon-to-be dads.

Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2012

One of the best movies ever!!!

When I went to see this movie for the first time in the theaters, I was really excited! After I saw the movie, I thought it was the best movie I've seen in a really long time! It has a great message and can make a tough man cry. There's no swearing and there's not much violence and if your kid is under 13 and loves action, let them see this.

Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2013

AMAZING MOVIE!

This is an amazing movie! My eight year old sister watched it and it is perfectly clean except a few mentions of father have six kids with three women and a major character had a child with a cheerleader. It is sad in one part when a girl is killed in an accident. Very touching. Made me cry. But very funny and a great family movie.

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 13, 2012

Just OK.

Good for families with older kids.

Kid, 11 years old June 1, 2012

Courageous

I thought The Movie was really good the only violence was the shooting and the fist fights and a teen being beat up to join a gang. there was even humor and a tragedy

Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2012

Good

it is a really good christian movie has good positive messages

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavispittman January 8, 2017

There are much better choices for family viewing.....

Ok so first of all, I'm not a person of faith, but I had to watch this film for a class, and it just isn't that good..... First of all, the acting is pretty laughable and the whole thing is very cheesy the whole way through. So as far as movie Quality, content aside, it's just not that worth while. I'll give you a quick secular viewpoint on the content in this film. Ok so first of all, there is nothing wrong with wanting to become a better dad, but I think the movie's view of male/female roles is wrong. The movie makes out as if the men/fathers must lead the family, instead of the mother and father together, 50/50, teamwork. Why can't both the mother and father take the pledge? So the movie may give your children a view of male/female roles that is ancient and somewhat dismissing of women. It's ultimately your choice, but I'd find something better, especially if you are not a Christian family.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 January 7, 2012

Awesome movie! SPOILER ALERT for parents.

Awesome movie! So good! Only thing is the violence, and some drug content. A scene where this guy is accepted into a gang, after being kicked on the floor by a bunch of other gang members, and a very sad scene where the main character's daughter dies (EXTREMELY SAD!!!!) Some kids might have to leave the room for about 10 or 15 minutes. My mom, and a lot of my female friends cried. Guns are used in one or two scenes. Some talk about a guy's dad having kids w/ multiple women, and a guy who got w/ a cheerleader in high school (they don't go into too much detail, but if you've taught your kids that you have to be married to have a baby, it might spark the question, "If they aren't married, how can they have a baby?" But besides that, it's inspiring, and had some VERY funny parts! Totally recommend it to dads who are struggling with parenthood (which is what it was geared toward). Absolutely amazing movie. Five stars in my opinion

Kid, 11 years old November 23, 2011

Courageous-Ages 11+ only

This was a very great movie. It has little drinking and some of the characters in the movie carry drugs with them, but it isn't full of drinking, drugs, or smoking. There are some scenes with violence. There are tiny scenes showing little of guns, punching, kicking, and goriness. There are many positive role models and positive messages sent to the kids 11+. I rated this movie for ages 11+ because children under may get scared seeing some of the scenes and the movie is a little sad too. I, myself only cried once, but everyone's different. You might have a higher or lower crying tolerance. If you are debating whether to see Courageous or not, you should really see it. It is a very positive Christian movie and it may even change the way you think about life.

Teen, 15 years old Written byEthan J. September 2, 2013

Courageous

Very great Christian movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccerismything34 January 4, 2013

Great Christian Movie

Many of my friends, and I have watched this movie. When I saw it was PG-13 I thought it was going to be full of blood, and stuff. But after my friends watched it, they said it was great! I think the reason it is PG-13 is because the story line is a little hard for kids to understand. I'm eleven, and it depends on how mature you are to watch the movie. They are policemen, so there is some drugs involved with the gangs. Not really any serious violence though, no blood. It's a great Christian movie! I suggest you watch it with parents permission, in case they don't want you to see a PG-13 movie.

Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2012

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

loved it. on my top 10 list of movies i like. i want to see it again!!!!!

Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2012

Awesome!

I think that this was one of the best movies i have ever seen. There is a little violence but not enough to keep your kids from seeing it, I loved it and I hope you feel the same!

Kid, 12 years old May 20, 2012