Kid reviews for Cruel Intentions

Rich NYC teens behave badly; lots of sex, cursing.

Teen, 15 years old Written bykslabaugh April 9, 2008

a must see!!!

a great movie overall, it may not be suitable for younger children but it is a must see for the older ones an amazing movie [one of my faves]
Teen, 15 years old Written byBonde rose July 3, 2018

B-

i personally love movies like this, 90s vibes, not the best acting you can laugh at parts of it. this movie is basically about a guy trying you have sex with a girl for a bet he has with his stepsister. then he falls in love with her and his stepsister gets jealous because i think shes actually in love with him, i dont really know. its a good movie in my opinion, i would recommend it! THINGS PARENTS NEED TO KNOW: okay, so, for a movie that is about sex i was surprised that it only had 1 sex scene and is was actually not that bad. there are countless references to sex though. constant sexual tension between basically everyone in this movie. There're scenes with people in the bed together and one where a guy starts going down on a girl but the scene stops and you dont see anything. not that much cursing, just a few 'fuck' and 'bullshit' and some others. some violence, two guys get in a fight but its not graphic. a guy gets hit by a car and later dies (off screen) but thats not graphic either. a girl snorts cocaine like twice. young teens can watch this, it may be awkward if they watch it with their parents in the room so i wouldnt recommend that!
Teen, 17 years old Written byMaria_The_Vampire June 23, 2016

It's rated R, but it's a chill R.

I think it's fine for your kid to watch it as long as they are of mature age. There's drugs, and sex, and a little bit of swearing, and foggy morals, as long as your child is old enough to understand that this is not normal then they should watch it because it's a classic (and it has SMG!).

Teen, 14 years old Written byjedwards173033199915 March 23, 2013

Cruel Intentions

The movie is great but kids 14-17 range should only allowed to watch this movie, its all about a bet about if the other person has sex

Teen, 14 years old Written byajw1234 March 19, 2011

Teen, 15 years old Written byredtaylib March 19, 2014

Gossip Girl the movie!

I thought that this movie was great, hilarious, and also had a great soundtrack. I was not a big fan of the tragic ending, but I think that it had a great story overall. There was frequent sexual dialogue and innuendo, alcohol, and language-- but none that a typical teen hasn't seen before. To me, it was like Gossip Girl the movie, but with different people and a much different ending. Try it out, you might like what you see!

Teen, 17 years old Written byPrincessCharmed797 November 9, 2012

Cruel intentions

This movie is a great commentary on so many things that go on in the lives of high schoolers. Parents preach one thing while doing another. Kids are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. This movie is eye opening as to how kids respond to the hypocrisy that is so rife in the adult world.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 15, 2010
The big mistake this mediocre film makes is not making its 2 main characters likable. AT ALL. I hated both of them the entire movie, even after (SPOILER ALERT) Sebastian supposedly changes his ways, which is stupid. The whole thing's predictable, but it's ridiculously entertaining, and that's why got it its 3rd star.