Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Curious George: A Halloween Boo Fest

George finds mischief in mildly spooky Halloween tale.

Based on 1 review
Parent Written bytinkerbellsmom March 25, 2015

Cute but Scary

We love the Curious George franchise, but the no-noggin plot was too scary for our preschooler. She talked for days about it after, asking questions about being headless and having your hat knocked off. Usually Curious George is a slam dunk for us, but we had to turn it off half way through. It was silly and cute, as George tends to be, but too scary if your child is sensitive at all to scary/creepy themes.
Parent Written bychristiestephenson October 30, 2015
Parent Written byerinw2 October 19, 2014
Adult Written byupstateNYmama October 29, 2016

Too scary for some preschoolers

We let our 4 1/2 year old see this based on the 3+ age recommendation of Common Sense Media. It was WAY too scary for her. She didn't say anything while watching it, but later that day cried about it twice, scared of the headless scarecrow that steals people's hats, and had trouble falling asleep as a result of watching it. She has watched and enjoyed lots of Curious George TV episodes before, and loves reading Curious George books, so we trusted this "brand," but we seriously regret allowing her to see it.
Adult Written byJen K. November 13, 2017

Cute but scary for my preschoolers

Cute but my 4 1/2 year old son was scared by the no noggin and brought it up twice at bedtime.