Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Daddy Day Care

Slapstick comedy is filled with potty humor, pratfalls.

Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 October 6, 2009

great funny movie

there is nothing overwelming about this movie exsept for the father losing his job and stuff. other than that it's funny movie that kids and young teens will enjoy

Adult Written bybutterflyangel7 April 9, 2008

insulting

this is the kind of movie that makes you think that movie producers think kids are stupid and willing to watch anything.
Adult Written bylizperle April 9, 2008

Absolutely hilarious for a nine year old boy.

Potty humor abounds in this movie. Farting and pooping and gross out jokes made the 8 nine year olds we went with roar with laughter. THere may be some language people don't like -- butthead etc. -- but on the whole, the positive role model of two caring dads doing what moms do advocating more fun and less "get ahead quick" thinking was refreshing and great for the boys to see. Eddie Murphy is just a riot. My husband hates these kind of movies and even he laughed. So did our 13 year old daughter. Fun for the family even if it wasn't an Oscar contender.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Movie shows "dads" in a positive light, caring and sensitive to their kids

My daughter and I enjoyed this movie. I was cautious at first, Mr.Murphy has been known to have a terrible "potty" mouth. But not true in this film. We enjoyed it, entertaining, funny and a good message about dads, shows them as caring and sensitive to the needs of their kids, it did not show the "moms" putting down their husbands, there was some potty humor, but it was not overt and it is true to real life...I'll see it again...
Adult Written byPens April 18, 2014

It was good

There is a lot of potty humour...which is great!! Nothing scary. The only hurting part was a man getting his fingers clipped by scissors, but it didn't show any blood and he didn't have to go to the hospital.

Adult Written bybdh July 30, 2011

not high art but entertaining

not any good but adds some humor to make you entertained
Adult Written bynazmom April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybambi813 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bydoodlesalltheday April 9, 2008
Parent Written byszparag3 December 27, 2018
Adult Written byThe_Reviewer March 14, 2019

Appropriate for the Mature Kids

Parents need to know that this is about a man (played by Eddie Murphy the comedian) who is losing money and has to pay for his house. He sets up a Day Care for young children - which are a big handful! The language, I would rate it about 3 bars instead of 2. Children do use mild words, like "This cereal sucks!" They turn Veggie-O's into "Veggie-Blows.) Profanity is also used. Murphy's character says "S--t" when they are being chased by the police. He tries to spell "f--k" to fool his younger son, but his wife stops him. That's about it.

Adult Written byMatt B. February 19, 2019

A funny family movie

This is one of the few Eddie Murphy movies that is family friendly.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bymkamat February 2, 2019

Good family fun

Our son started watching and enjoying this movie when he was seven and at 10 now he continues to enjoy the potty humour!