Parent reviews for Daddy's Home

A few laughs can't save crass Ferrell/Wahlberg comedy.

Adult Written by24ktb December 25, 2015

Not a kids movie!

We had seen this movie as a preview in a kids movie, so thought it would be mostly ok, but it is not a kids movie at all! There is excessive swearing, multiple instances of sexual content, and drinking.

Adult Written byLaylaO December 29, 2015

Not a PG Movie

I wish I would of read the reviews on here as I normally do. This was not a PG. movie. The language is crass and I'm sure my tweens have heard it before but the sexual innuendos and watching of Mark W and Will F drop their pants and have a comparison of their genitals and wife feeling them was the beginning of several PG 13 situations. This is not a family with kids under 14 movie due to language and many sexual situations.

Adult Written byParentof 2 December 27, 2015

THIS MOVIE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN RATED PG!

Daddy's Home is unsuitable for younger children. The PG rating is deceiving and falls way short of the inappropriate language and subject matter in this film. The excessive use of the "b---h" and "s--t" word was surprising and the numerous sexual references and topics should have at the very least given this movie a rating of PG-13. I should have checked this site like I usually do before taking my children to see this movie. Minimal amount of humor did not remotely make up for the movie's crass content.

Adult Written bygrandtheftautoiv January 2, 2016

Really funny movie filled with sex jokes, swearing, and racist remarks

This movie includes the following: masturbation to get someone pregnant (not shown but its obvious what the character is doing), a girl calling her father a bitch when he is crying, a boy hitting another girl and calling her a bitch and lots of rude references including being racist to black people pretty much the entire film! Great funny movie for teens.

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byMobo02 January 1, 2016

Not a family movie

It's advertised as a family movie but not for mine. My kids were horrified. We walked out.

Parent of a 14 year old Written bybobbif December 30, 2015

Should be rated R

Went to see Daddy's Home with my daughter and her friend who are 14 years old. Being PG13, I felt comfortable taking the girls to the movie. It seemed like every other word was a curse word and every scene had something sexual. I thought the movie was funny, but not appropriately rated.

Adult Written byLilly123abc February 5, 2016

Family Friendly

At first I was very skeptical to take my 11 and 13 year old kids to see the movie. The movie is a must see for all kids and parents! I was laughing so hard. My kids had so much fun. It wasn't inappropriate at all yes there was the occasional curse but that was it. It was amazing.

Adult Written byaustinacl02 March 7, 2016

It's a hard pg-13 but not TOO raunchy

Daddy's home took a while to be rated because they wanted it to be PG-13. Which means it WAS raunchy enough to consider an R. But it has some language, some penis jokes. and it has one scene that may be uncomfortable to watch with your kids. Overall, it should be okay for kids 11 and maybe less. But a lot more raunchy than I expected.

Parent Written byMvarela January 18, 2016

Had to walk out

This is not a family friendly movie. Not for teens not for anyone I di not recommend it the promoted this movie to be family friendly but talk about male body parts continuously then even do a size comparison. We walked out what sickness me is the rest of the parents with young children stayed just sick!!!!

Parent Written byJacquiF72 January 12, 2016

Completely inappropriate for kids.

A funny movie but not suitable for kids. The swearing was a bit much but that wasn't what caused leave the movie half way through. When the fertility dr is doing an examination and getting the wife to feel compare the two men's testes it was a bit much. then there was the " jam another baby right up there" comment. many other crude comments preceded this so I got my sons out of their quick smart. The PG rating of this movie makes me wonder how loose the rating guidelines are.

Adult Written byliv2love777 December 28, 2015

Funny but for older kids

This was a funny movie for anyone over the age of 16. A lot of language & adult situations.

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byjonr1 January 1, 2016

Uncomfortable, and unnecessary

Wow. First movie that I almost left-- and would have if we did not bring other kids with us. Story line was pointless. Writing was filler at best, intentionally foul at worst. Needless sexual references. Continual male genital obsession. Language was unnecessary- added nothing to the humor or story line. Wow. I really cannot believe Will took this script.
Adult Written byzeekattacklee March 27, 2016

It is funny, but there might be people that find this offensive

I will not doubt that this is probably one of the funniest films I have ever seen. Yes it did have its share of naughty words and adult humor. But on the other hand, this is a film about parent rivalry. Otherwise, I really wouldn't recommend this to younger kids. On that note, I would say it's up to the parents on if they want their kids to watch. Over all, I will say it did make me laugh. But on the last note, I wouldn't recommend this film to anyone that could get offended by it.

Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byblinc24 January 2, 2016

don't subject your kids to this trash

Unfortunately, I did not check this website before taking my kids (9&11). Completely inappropriate...from the language...not just a couple words dropped here and there... to the inappropriate sex & body part references. We walked out after about 30 minutes. Hearing p***y several times I drew the line. I just kept thinking if I stay in this movie I am a bad parent! We left and went to see Road Chip - way better family flick! Our kids thanked us for making the choice to leave and see the other movie.

Parent Written byDonnaJ 2 January 23, 2016

Mediocre

I saw it with my 10 year old. He thought it was funny since boys that age tend to love crude humor. I found it rather bland. I wasn't too happy with the language, but my son hears worse playing his Xbox. There were also some unnecessary and unfunny sexual humor. If you're uptight about those things you might not want your younger kids to see it. I'd say the movie is probably best for age 11 and up, although I didn't have a huge problem with my 10 year old seeing it. Adults can sometimes make too big a deal out of things kids barely give a thought to. I don't agree with those who think its inappropriate for 13 year olds unless you live in a cave.

Parent of a 15 year old Written byJWilliams303 December 26, 2015

Don't Expect Too Much...

Mark Wahlburg...funny. Will Ferrell...funny. Combine them together and you get a hilarious movie! Is what I would say for their movie "The Other Guys". Daddy's Home on the other hand...so-so. Don't get me wrong I love both actors and I thought the idea for the movie was a great idea (two dads going head to head fighting for the love of their kids and trying to prove who would be the better dad; the real dad or the step dad). I felt like they could make a lot of great jokes with this movie but to be honest it just felt like two kids fighting over a toy; annoying and not necessary. Yes there are some funny moments...SOME, but most of the time I felt like I was going to fall asleep. All I can say is, expect the usual jokes that you would hear from Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlburg and expect some dull moments of jokes that are supposedly funny but are just completely not needed or just irritating. Don't expect much from this movie, if anything go see Star Wars The Force Awakens...that I can at least say was worth seeing in theaters.

Parent of a 18+ year old Written byfunfunfun January 20, 2017

I should have known better

I guess if you like trashy movies, this one is for you! I used to love Will F. and I still love Mark W. but not 10 minutes into it, they are already using G**D***! I tried overlooking the trashy sexual comments just prior to that (around 5 mins in) & a 7 or 8 year old kid throwing out b*** like it's nothing, but I had my limit at the 10 minute mark and turned it off! This one is def NOT for kids under 16 (and if you're really conservative, I wouldn't say it's for kids at all). Just my 2 cents.

Adult Written byhorselover63 June 5, 2016

I loved this movie and think its great for kids

this movie was great and their was a few jokes but overall me and my kids loved it, great for ages 9 and up

Parent of a 9, 11, and 13 year old Written byBillhank December 26, 2015

Terrible!

Should have done research before seeing this movie. Took our 3 kids and walked out before it was even over. Very disappointing. Excessive swearing and way too much adult subject matter for a pg-13 movie.

Adult Written bykatrinaashlee April 4, 2016