Parent reviews for Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix Poster Image

Disappointing X-Men Finale is a huge waste of opportunity.

Dark Phoenix shines with the Visual Effects & Performances, but falters big time with the execution & screenplay. It's a disappointing finale for the huge franchise.

Not bad

Felt this movie was good obviously quite a few plot holes for anyone who has watched previous X men movies. However there is a lot of killing and I would not say gory but definitely not 13 age appropriate due to the killing scenes. I mean people get impaled... so I would keep this movie for any teens over 15years old at least. Other than the fight scenes it’s not a bad movie I felt The main protagonist did a good job and the rest of the crew as well. I almost forgot that storm was not halle berry and the actress replacing her look so much like her but she did a good job

Honest Review

This latest and most likely final installment of the X-Men franchise was not very good. While the actors performed very well, the scipt they were acting on just did not support the film well. The plot lacks many things and is very vague. There is plenty of violence, gore, and emotions. But the movie was not executed very well. The posters for the movie leaked the ending. Not happy with this movie. But is it a waste of time? No. If you like X-Men or you like cheap superhero action movies then go for it! But my opion stands that this is not a very well done movie.

Swearwords: 1 time J'C and G'ddammit.

Swearwords: 1 time J'C (Raven) and G'ddammit (1.22.08; officer at the train).

Mediocre sendoff to a rocky franchise.

It is, by far, NOT the worst X Men movie. This franchise suffered alot as they replaced actors half way through it's lifespan and never really made the cast of First Class their own thing as most characters were undeveloped and unfamiliar from the soft reboot. At first glance, this looks like a rehash of X3 as Jean Grey tries to get a grip on her powers. Cuz technically this already happened which makes this even more out of sync with past films making it seem both tired and irrelevant, especially as a final film. However, as the film enters it's 3rd quarter, you finally get a feeling that the heroes have some personality and that they aren't just "replacements", even though much of it feels too little too late as these versions are on their way out, my personal favorite being Nightcrawler. In short, it IS worth a watch, especially if you've seen previous films, but sadly, you won't walk away with any amount of satisfaction either. It stands on it's own merit as a good action flick, but offers nothing else new to the lore or a truly worthy, satisfying farewell.

Too Dark Park

Spoilers. Lots of violence, and many dies including two main characters while the poster spoils the end in Paris. Who knows if New Mutants and a Dark Phoenix sequels comes. Good for a stream this Halloween season. In consumerism of course the endless rows of X Men comics and many many versions of X Men DVDs and Blu Rays.