Kid reviews for David Lynch's Inland Empire

Trippy, twisty thriller is totally out to Lynch.

Teen, 16 years old Written byjohnwi312 December 27, 2009

David Lynch is a madman.

Bizarre, crazy, terrifying, frustrating. Inland Empire isn't for everyone, but I found it to be a fascinating ride - it's scary, darkly funny, and downright weird. Not for kids, but mature teens can handle it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKong90 November 11, 2013

Inland Empire

Ironic in the sense that, whilst surrealist David Lynch's latest film might well be his most socially grounded film since Blue Velvet (1986), it is all entirely encapsulated in one of the most brilliantly surreal and dreamily disturbing filmic settings as any one can recall in contemporary cinema. An artistic masterpiece that, in in alliance with Lynch's Mulholland Drive (2002), thoroughly certifies a seat for Lynch in the pantheon of great American cinema; his talents are now comparable with even the likes of Malick and Cassavetes.
Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares June 7, 2009
Love David Lynch, and once again he made something that doesn't quite fit what you have in mind.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Inland Empire

Inland Empire is strictly for David Lynch fans only - I can almost guarantee that everyone else will hate this 3-hour long, absolutely nonsensical trip. I thought that the majority of Inland Empire was brilliant and mesmerizing - it does lose a bit of steam in the last third, but besides that, this was a strange and fascinating slice of cinematic insanity.
Teen, 16 years old Written byclubsilencio September 16, 2017

An anxiety-causing experience

The reason I rated it 16+ isn't even because of the violence/sex, it's just because this film is not for everyone and there are scenes that WILL give you anxiety. Otherwise it depends on your kid's maturity level. Now, this is a very different film (even for Lynch) and I really can't guarantee that you'll like it. But hey this review is about my opinion so I'm giving it five stars (cause it's literally "the best!" movie I've ever seen) and rating it 16+ for what this film is.