All parent member reviews for Daybreakers

Adult Written bymalibu_barbie January 14, 2010
I did liked this movie when I saw it only because it is something that it could happen someday and the story is well developed. But I dont think it is appropiate for all ages and the concept is negative and the effects aren't to die for.
Parent Written byKoji7280 September 12, 2011

Not even for a 15 year old.

Good movie. A twist on the usual vampire movie. This is not a movie for kids. I guess to each their own, but my common sense tells me to not even let a 15 year old to watch this movie.
Adult Written bycallofduty5 August 16, 2011

omg gory

Wasn't expecting this to be very gory, but maybe i was wrong all other stuff like sex,drugs and language are moderate, but the violence is overwhelming and gory
Adult Written byMicahGA April 15, 2011

Vampires With No "Edge" To Their Teeth, Nor Their Movie

Daybreakers is a film based in the future. There was a virus that spread which happened to be "vampirism". Therefore, almost all humans were wiped out, for they were turned into a vampire. The plot, storyline and message were all awful, combined. The movie itself was not that bad as far as acting went. In fact, the acting is the only good part of the film. The violence was constant and ridiculous. Everything from exploding bodies, to people being eaten alive and even to heads being torn off by vampiric creatures that look like they are from hell itself. The language was not appropriate, however not very shocking at all. There were no positive message in this movie whatsoever. You can look hard and try to find them, but good luck. In the end, this is no horror film, nor is it one full of action. If you like vampire movies or Twilight, this is not the film for you.
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 11, 2010

Really great vampire movie

This may be my favorite vampire movie (even over Let the Right One In). It's gory, bloody, and scary, yet smart and original. I love the irony of the vampires having to save the humans to survive. The action is great, the acting is just fine, and the story is (can it be? Yes!) original. I don't think anything original has come out of Hollywood for a while! Parents: This is a very gory film, with bodies, living and dead, being impaled, drained of blood, blown up, burned, shot, stabbed, electrocuted (often), and more. There's also jump scenes, disturbing images, brief nonsexual nudity and language. Bottom Line: Even if you're not into vampires, this movie might still work for you. It's that good. I couldn't believe how much I liked it the first time I saw it. And, after mutliple viewings, I still enjoy it. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Adult Written byilikemusik23 May 30, 2010

Good but not Great

I was expecting it to be a little better than some of the reviews have mentioned. The action sequences are good and had me on the edge of my seat most of the time. But the special effects at somepoints sucked and the dialouge is horrible! In the way of the content, the only thing i could see as a problem is the violence cause the movie does get pretty bloody at points. Theres also some language but it isnt as bad compared to some other R rated movies. Overall, it just kinda felt like a good B movie.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez May 23, 2010
daybreakers is a bloody gory vampire movie that maybe too much for your younger kids this movie is only for older teens the violence is so intense and bloody that it goes way off the charts and they also show disturbing images and disturbing photos of the process there are strong language also Characters smoke a lot of cigarettes.
Adult Written bylightwestern February 7, 2010

Sexual Content: The Real Story

Common Sense Media Says: "Sex: The heroine runs around braless and in a tank top. But the story's vampire troubles leave very little time for sex, kissing, or romance. " PARENTS- This is only remotely true, there are about 10 minutes where the 'heroine' runs around bra less, and shes a very small breasted character anyway, nipples barely visible if even noticable, I wouldn't even be concerned with it from a sexual standpoint as it is hardly noticable anyway.
Parent Written byPlague January 15, 2010

Daybreakers

I really cool movie. Gorey, violent, and disturbing images. But nothing super explicit. I would recommend this movie for mature teens 13+.