Kid reviews for Dazed and Confused

Edgy coming-of-age tale has underage drinking and drug use.

Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 August 12, 2009
I love this movie! I first saw it when I was in the fourth grade. It's a great film that shows a bunch of teenagers in 1976. Great 1970's soundtrack, I even bought a copy after I saw the film. It's like an R-rated version of That's 70's Show. There's profanity and marijuana use, as well as some sexual content and a fight scene. Should be okay for anyone over the age of 10

Teen, 13 years old Written byasecoolish February 3, 2011
its great and its very funny let me mind you this is a stoner comedy so there's a lot of (non graphic) drug and alcohol use involving teens there's some suggestive dialog but its not extreme there's a substantial amount of strong language and paddling against fresh mans but this is a kind of movie that you can just relax to and chill out to. and if you have this movie and haven't seen it then watch it and if you don't have it it would be a lot cooler if you did man. and if your teen is mature then let them watch this movie. IT A CLASSIC.

Teen, 14 years old Written byFrankie7 January 4, 2017

A very funny comedy that will last forever

This movie will make you laugh and relate to the dumb things people do in high school. And besides the language and drug use this movie is not that bad.

Teen, 15 years old Written bycola January 3, 2016
This movie is great. The soundtrack is the best! I would say this is for teens 14 years and up because that is when I watched it and the youngest characters are around that age. Im a freshman this year. There is a lot of drug use but its only pot. You should let your teens around that age watch it. Its a great coming of age movie.Its also really quotable.

Teen, 13 years old Written byChildOfGod69 March 20, 2017
I love pot. Potted plants of the Marijuana grow in my living room. Sorry got sidetracked. Bit of a Commy slash-fest, too much sex - and I have & watch alot of sex. kids will love this - bit like Ice Age 3 if you want a reference point.

Teen, 17 years old Written bylss72290 April 9, 2008
this is a classic and every american over the age of 13 should see this
Teen, 14 years old Written bySkulloMania February 22, 2018

Really Great

Dazed and Confused is one of Richard Linklater's most underated films. It's highly realistic-with incredible thought going into the costume design, the performances are all good on the most part and this all builds to create a believable, fun and thoroughly enjoyable experience. There are some references here and there, some of the drug references being farely strong, along with some of the language. All in all it's nothing anyone under 12-13 couldn't handle.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheStifmeister May 14, 2017

Livin' man

Dazed and Confused is an amazing coming-of-age comedy. The soundtrack is amazing, but there is strong language and heavy drinking and drug use.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytylerkippert July 18, 2012

A Cult Classis That Keeps The 1970's Alive

-Violence: The seniors give the freshmen an initiation. The guys have a paddle and severely paddle the freshmen. The girls humiliate the girls, but nothing exactly violent. There is a fist fight at the end. -Sex: Nothing is shown, but it's sometimes discussed. A senior asks a girl if she "spits" or "swallows". There is some kissing. An older man that's been out of high school for years hangs out with teenagers and flirt. -Language: The "F" word is said frequently. Along with s--t and a-s -Consumerism: not an issue -Drugs: Teenagers are frequently drinking and smoking marijuana.

Teen, 15 years old Written byKookie101 June 22, 2010

Teen, 16 years old Written bycoasterjay03 January 18, 2019

Good teen movie, but most people might be offended, with the amount of teen drug and alcohol use, and the constant freshmen hazing.

This was the first movie on my bucket list to watch when I turn 16, and now that I've seen it, I thought it was a good movie. But, I was offended by a majority of the events that happen in the duration of the movie. Like the nonstop drug and alcohol use among teenagers, that is a very big problem, and it was the main reason why this movie was rated R. Every single scene, has high school students smoking cigarettes, bongs, and drinking beer. Also, one of the main plot points of the movie, was that incoming high school freshmen were constantly getting hazed by the seniors, and I have many problems with that. I mean it is understandable since the setting of the movie was 1976, where that type of stuff was ok, I guess, but that still doesn't mean that they should keep constantly doing it throughout the movie, and what makes it worse was that none of the adults did anything about it, well accept for that one scene where a freshman's mother wielded a shotgun on the bully. And there's one major fight scene in between two drunk teenagers that was just too brutal. But, if there is one thing that I really like about this movie, it is the soundtrack. And I also like how Pink stands up for the one freshman who was getting hazed by the seniors. I do think that this is a good teen movie, but there was just some subject matter that may leave people offended.
Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2016

Great movie

Dazed and Confused is a great movie to kick of the summer, and is funny too. It had a lot of drug use because it's set in the 1970's and people use to smoke and do drugs a lot. The F-words is okay and not constant. There's lots of sexual references to the film. My Rating R: for Pervasive Drug Use, Language and Sexual References