Parent and Kid Reviews on

DC League of Super-Pets Movie Poster
Our Review

Based on 67 parent reviews

Sort by:

A little funny, to many beeps for bad words for a kids movie and not all the people like the new free sexual moment for the kids. And it’s not needed

47 people found this helpful.

Full information- wish we had known

It has all kinds of families and couples shown. Those diversity moments are brief but available! Swearing is bleeped out fully but unexpected. Some animal violence caused our kids to get a bit anxious, but they held it together. Our 3 year old had to be held towards the end because of the final battle scenes. I wouldn’t recommend it for kids younger than 7-8 based on the adult jokes and subtle adult nods to themes some parents may not want their children to pick up on yet. I wish someone had written about them before we saw it. Good movie and well done, but not quite for our kids age range.

35 people found this helpful.

Awful.

This movie was the worst movie my 4-year-old has ever seen! I usually agree with the age recommendation that Common Sense Media provides and thought this would be a good compromise for my kids aged 13,10, and 4. I wish I had read these reviews instead if relying on CSM’s age range suggestion. My 13-year-old son even thought this movie was violent. And there was no need for the bleeped out cursing. There was a lot of fire burning which scared my 10-year-old and clear reference to being shot. What a disappointment. I wish there were wholesome movies in the theaters these days. Its no wonder our culture has a violence problem 😞.
23 people found this helpful.

Welcome to the world of kissing

Considering that its a kids movie , found lip lock scenes between super man and his girlfriend to be totally out of place and not required . The makers did not have the basic common sense to consider the sensitivity of young children who would be the chief audience for this movie . The last few mins were very violent and dragged . A big no , unless your children are already exposed to the unnecessary concepts of “ being a couple “ and unsettling lip lock scenes . So thoughtless of the makers 😤

14 people found this helpful.

Did the people that wrote this ever have a kid? I hope not!

Didn't need the bleeping but mostly because it wasn't even funny. The other stuff that people are complaining about was fine. You don't need to shelter kids from reality. The part I didn't buy was when Ace (Kevin Hart) was kicked out off the house for biting/saving the kid from falling down a flight of stairs. So the parents had their 1 year old baby unattended at the top of a flight of stairs with a dog and they think that's the dog fault? What about the bad parenting? They're just going to ignore that? The parents are looking at the dog like, "what's wrong with you?" What's wrong with them?! Terrible and lazy writing.
9 people found this helpful.

Not appropriate for target audience

has inappropriate language at times movie was ok nothing special

Language was unnecessary

The premise of the movie was cute and our 6 and 7 year old loved it, however, as a parent I was highly disappointed with the language used. These are quotes from the movie. 1) See you in heck 2) What the f*** (it was bleeped so you couldn't hear the rest of the word but the f was distinct) 3) Oh sh** (it was bleeped after the sh) 4) No you idiot. You're all losers, you'll always be losers for the rest of your loser lives It didn't seem necessary to have some of this language and we were disappointed. There was a lot of subtle adult jokes which I'm sure the producer thought would reach the parents watching the movie, but I'd prefer it wasn't included at all. Not necessary and I'm glad some of it was over my kids' heads.

7 people found this helpful.

Rent it at home ~ Not worth the Cinema Prices!

What in the world is going on? Having to bleep out turtle swearing? In a cartoon, made-for-kids movie? This is ridiculous! I would not pay to see this in a movie theater if I were you. Rent it once available at home, and see what you think for yourself before showing it to any kid under 7. Seriously, the ending has a pretty intense character that could really upset them.

It was alright!

The movie was fine. The characters are cute and funny, but I do think the humor is more for adults or older kids. There were moments where they’re was bleeping of curse words - which was funny the first time, but not the third or fourth. There was also a little more jokes leaning in the way of adult innuendo which I didn’t quite care for with my 5 years old. It’s definitely over their head, but if your child picks up on things or asks questions a lot you might have some explaining to do. Other than that, lots of inclusion and fun action. The last scene was a little scary but my 5 year old said he was not afraid of it.
6 people found this helpful.

Definitely not kid friendly

Why does there have to be bleeped out cussing for a kids movie?? Too many adult topics. Too scary and violent for my 8 year old.

5 people found this helpful.