Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 31 kid reviews

Sort by:

Pretty Dissapointed

When I saw the trailers for this movie, I thought it would be a great movie to watch with my sisters (11, 8, & 6). When we went to see it in the theaters the other day, I was greatly disappointed. GIOD MESSAGES: 6.5/10: It’s a kids movie, so there’s bound to be some cheesy messages in it (friendship, always stick together, etc.) GOOD ROLE MODELS: 5.5/10: Most of the characters are animals so it’s kind of hard, but I would say it’s about half good characters and half more on the bad side. VIOLENCE: 8/10: I was actually a bit surprised by the violence in this movie. ((SPOILER)) One example was at the end Lulu turns into this giant sort-of demonic thing and basically tries to kill everyone, I mean just before that point I was like when does this movie end?? ((SPOILER END)) ROMANCE: 4/10: There were a few references that I don’t necessarily think needed to be there. SWEARING: 6.5/10 (for a kids movie): there was a certain turtle who was probably most of the adults’ favorite character. She said things like ‘I’m fast as—‘ probably three times, and we could all guess what she was saying. (It bleeped out the word she said-don’t worry). Another times cat was trying to kill the super pets, and said ‘I’ll see you in heck!’ Imagine a baby kitten saying this while shooting middles out of her tail.. MISC.: It annoyed me SO. MUCH. when a characters whiskers kept disappearing and appearing every time the camera angle changed. Just saying lol. In the end, the only part I could only enjoy was when a character (Ace) was talking about his backstory. It was pretty generic in my opinion ((dog saves kid but owners think he was biting the kid, therefore leaving him in a shelter)) but it was still heartbreaking. I would overall recommend this movie to mature kids 5+ who are looking for something to watch. Remember Jesus loves you and will ALWAYS be with you!!!

4 people found this helpful.

Super Pets is a good movie with some wholesome moments.

This was a decent movie. There were a few moments that were not safe for young children, but it was still decent. VIOLENCE: 4/10. Towards the end, Lulu the evil hamster grows to giant size and destroys the city. Lots of fire. SEXUAL CONTENT: 2/10. It is implied that Lois Lane "sleeps over" sometimes. We all know what that implies. SWEARING: 7/10. The turtle, Merton, swears at least three times in the movie. It is bleeped out, and it was funny the first time, but it was unacceptable for young children. DIVERSITY: 9/10. The voice actors and their characters are racially diverse. There is also an engaged/married lesbian couple shown for a few seconds. Green Lantern is hinted to also be a lesbian.

4 people found this helpful.

Flat; Uninspired; Unremarkable.

Total family film

It is a very well made film it is funny and it has a very good plot in as well and I really enjoyed it when I saw it so I think it is a total family film.
2 people found this helpful.

It was a great film. There were a few bleeped swears. It was unbelievable funny. Great film overall

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT!!!?

2 people found this helpful.

This movie was ok, i watched it in theaters and it just wasn’t the best, there were some things that were funny and i didnt hate it, it’s probably more fun for kids under 10 years old

This Movie Is Pretty Good. Enjoyable for parents and kids

This movie was pretty good. I wasn’t expecting much in this movie but I was actually surprised. Some moments made me cry and some moments made me laugh. Overall, i think this is a good family watch-together movie. Now let’s get into the details. SWEARING:Basically none at all, except for the turtle whos curse words get bleeped out (Implied F-Word and 3 implied S-Words) SEX: There is a reference to Clarke and Lois sleeping together but that’s about it. Like I said, overall this movie is great, it’s just mainly for little kids, so yeah. See you next review!

1 person found this helpful.

Beeping out an 'f' word in a kid's movie is not ok

We actually watched this with our teenage kids and even they thought it was inappropriate to beep out swear words in a movie so obviously aimed at young kids. One is an '$h!t' beep, but the other - 'where the BEEP am I?' - is an obvious 'f' beep. Why!?! And it didn't even have the 'beep' sound, it just cut the word out, which actually made it worse. Not to mention the level of violence through out the movie. Of course it's cartoon, and there's no blood or gore, but it still sends a strong message! Also, referring to an evil character as 'sadistic'. That word is so out of place in a kids movie. So disappointing that this is the standard of movie being made for kids these days.

1 person found this helpful.

Very funny...for most grade schoolers.

Nothing to say on the negative side...this is funny. But not entirely perfect.