Parent reviews for Death Comes to Pemberley

Death Comes to Pemberley Poster Image

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Surprise Love Scene

Not a terrible miniseries if you don’t expect anything but a departure from Austin. The minor characters are very well cast but I felt that Mr and Mrs Darcy don’t fit their roles well. Acting is mostly in the decent range and the plot is intriguing enough. Everything is attractive -costumes, houses, grounds - and I enjoyed the “period” aspect. Parents should know that there is a love scene between the Darcys that is not mentioned in the CSM ratings. It is very passionate and very obvious. It’s not long but long enough that I would have had time to fast forward if I’d been more prepared. Additionally, there is an adulterous affair that is the key to the whole mystery, spelled out and repeatedly referenced so it’s not just a passing event that will go unnoticed.

1 person found this helpful.

Intriguing Story Geared Towards Adults

This sequel to 'Pride and Prejudice' is intriguing and mysterious, but much too intricate to capture children's attention. That being said, parents who still believe their child capable of following such an advanced story line should be aware that there is a moderate degree of violence throughout, as the entire story focuses on a murder (subsequent ghost stories follow; additionally, in one scene we see a women get run over by a carriage). There is also a sex scene between a married couple (nothing shown or heard, but not appropriate for younger audiences). Issues of infidelity, premarital sex, and having children out of wedlock are constant issues.

1 person found this helpful.