All parent member reviews for Deck the Halls

Adult Written byon-the-go-mom April 9, 2008

Not what I want the kids to see

One of my biggest issues with this movie was the treatment of the women. I'm bringing up a teeenage boy and trying to teach him that women are not objects. This movie did not help. Cleavage is shown frequently and at one point the dad's are cat-calling towards 3 of Santa's dancing helpers, who are swinging their backsides to the crowd. Imagine the surprise when the girls turn around and see their Dads! So you have men in the movie making sexual comments towards under age girls, despite being married. This alone should make you stop and reconsider this movie.
Adult Written bymmh April 9, 2008

Very degrading image of women.

Not a family movie at all! Very degrading image of women. If the sexual things were ommitted it could have been good a good family movie. NOT a PG movie at all- BAD rating. I did like how they included the parts of the real meaning of Christmas, however it didn't really fit with the rest of the movie.
Parent of a 6, 9, and 12 year old Written byjdschombs August 1, 2009

Not worth a penny

Terrible movie do not have your kids watch it
Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymotherto2 April 9, 2008

Not a family movie.

This was degrading at worst and pure drivel at best. Many sexual references, most not easily overlooked. Some examples are the kid ogling the neighbor's older daughters in skimpy clothing, while they have a pillow fight, etc... A show at a type of Christmas fair with girls in skimpy costumes and fishnets dancing provocatively, and the two main characters shouting out at them. A man saying the sheriff is a cross dresser, then later actually seeing the bra and thong when he squats. A couple of things that would probably be over a small kids head, but not a teenagers are the reference to a pol in the bedroom, and the neighbor's wife grabbing her boobs and asking "Is it me?" after they hear a loud pop. Not things I want my children exposed it. As for the below rating that simply tells people not to let there children see it- not to "whine about it"- that the POINT of this site, so parents can get the facts and decide if they think things are appropriate for their family or not.
Adult Written bymrsrobinson97 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byjdomke1 April 9, 2008

Not a kids movie

Started out OK but after 15 minutes it became full of sexual imagery, violence and language. It doesn't matter what age your kids are, exposing them to films like this does affect them and their images of women. I too found myself checking the rating because I didn't have to enter my parental code to watch it. It went off 1/2 way through because the plot was so ridiculous and I didn't like how women were being portrayed.
Adult Written bythecaliforniabug April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymclapper April 9, 2008

Great holiday movie

I think this was a great holiday movie. It doesn't matter if there was some sexual humor and stuff but I think it was a great movie. If you think it's too sexual for your kids then don't bring them. I mean seriously don't whine and complain about it.
Adult Written byasatz3 April 9, 2008

Why make such crass movies about Christmas

If this is a kid's movie, why the sexualization of the daughters and the mom.
Adult Written byfun April 9, 2008

fun christmas movie for the family

funny! I love Matthew and Danny in any movie. This was a very funny movie with them together. Would recommend this movie.
Adult Written bykrlock April 9, 2008

Enjoyable movie for whole family

Despite the bad reviews by the critics, my husband, myself, my 5yrold and my 7 yr old all laughed and enjoyed ourselves.Several scenes had me laughing harder than I have in a long time! There was a smallamount of sexual humor/innuendo but it all just flew over my kids heads so that wasn't a big problem. Both my kids get scared pretty easily (Polar Express terrified my son) and it was nice to have a show withough any scary, dramatic scenes that even kids movies have today. I would recommend it for 5 yr olds on up.
Adult Written bynminow April 9, 2008

Cynical and trashy

It is appalling that the MPAA would permit the crude and ugly humor in this film to get a PG rating. Do we really need "jokes" about a cross-dressing cop (with lacy pink underwear showing under his uniform), a man inadvertantly exposing himself and fathers splashing holy water in their eyes after ogling girls they did not recognize as their daughters?
Parent of a 1 year old Written byGambleFam April 9, 2008

TERRIBLE MOVIE!!

This movie was an absolute waste of time! The worst Christmas movies I have ever seen! Two GIANT thumbs DOWN!!!