Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Definitely, Maybe

Teen-friendly romcom about love's ups and downs.

Adult Written bycarlyn77 April 9, 2008

cute but disturbing

I will agree that the story line is a cute one, however parts of the beginning were totally uncalled for. For starters a school would have never had a sex ed class without a parents concent form and then to have the discussion between the father and daughter with the daughter talking about the penis thrusting into the vagina. For this scene alone I would never suggest or beable to show this movie to my children or friends. That scene didn't even need to be in the movie, it had no relavence to the movie's success or cuteness.
Adult Written bysandsharks April 9, 2008

amazing

This movie is absoluetely amazing! Best ever!! The cast is well and it has a wonderful storyline! I reccomend any kid 10 and up to see this movie!
Adult Written byfamily4girls June 12, 2012

NOT a family appropriate rom com!

We tried to watch this as a "Sunday night family movie" with our 4 daughters; ages 10, 11, 14 & 19. We turned it off after 10 minutes. The content of the movie would lead one to believe that all the characters are concerned with is sex, alcohol and superficial relationships. Skip this one if you are under 16.

Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bytkfertig April 9, 2008

I feel sorry for this kid...

I would not recommend this movie. The entire film is about conversations between a father and daughter as she questions him about his past love life. Although I appreciate the open interaction between the two, the topic is way too adult for a child her age. Although parts of it were cute, I couldn't help feeling sad for this poor young girl who is being told too much, too soon and will probably end up in therapy.
Adult Written bytripmom April 9, 2008

I enjoyed this movie, but TALK to your kids

My 12 1/2 year old and I went to see this with a couple friends and their 12 1/2 to 13 year old daughters. We all enjoyed it, but it is important to discuss with them what they have seen, like what the characters did right and wrong, or if there was anything that bothered them in the movie. Be careful, my kid is as young as I would go on this movie.
Adult Written byaidans1 March 30, 2016
Adult Written bytristenl1 January 24, 2016

It's a good movie that is good for kids if they are mature

Adult Written bycaresaboutratings April 9, 2008