Kid reviews for Definitely, Maybe

Teen-friendly romcom about love's ups and downs.

Teen, 15 years old Written byblonde_reb June 23, 2011

Too Mature

I gave it a 14 and this is the bare minimum I would let your child see it. I saw it when I was younger and I thought it was cute. I bought it years later and didn't realize it had all the sexual stuff. When I first saw it, I was obviously way too young (about 12) to understand some of the sexual talk. Now, I am older and it doesn't really bother me but I would not let anyone younger than me see it. It is really cute and a different take on the average "chick flick" but I recommened older teens and adults only!

Teen, 17 years old Written byPrincessCharmed797 December 19, 2012

Definitely, Maybe

Sexual innuendo, such as same-sex relationships being referenced in the reading of a diary, A girl learns sex-ed in her school, so there is a few minutes where she makes comments about that to her father, some involving her mother. Very mild language, A bit of product placement, no violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytrustyourkids April 9, 2008

Not appropriate for children undre the age of at least 13

lots of sex involved. Human reproductive system mentioned by small children.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycarebear<3 April 9, 2008

I Left...

This movie was iffy at the begining but then it became so wrong that I felt uncofortable just watching it (the two girls kissing and touching in th notebook) I left before the movie was even over, I think the movie should be rated R
Teen, 17 years old Written byL0l4sapiu July 27, 2017

Teen, 15 years old Written byMOVIESRMYPASSION June 20, 2016

Really good, heartwarming, romantic comedy

This movie was very good and well-made. Minor swearing, a couple of sex terms(threesome, penis, sexagenarian, etc.) Overall a very sweet movie with no official sex scenes.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySofifarres August 29, 2014
I think it's a really good movie. I just think it depends on the maturity of your child. I saw it with my 11 year old cousin and we just had to fast foward through a scene or two but otherwise it's fine. I think it is a good movie.

Kid, 12 years old March 2, 2012

awsome

Kid, 11 years old December 23, 2011

Great movie

This is a very good movie but it is kind of slow.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygoldforever21 February 6, 2011

Good Movie, but not 4 kids 10 and younger

I love this movie, for it has an entertaining story concept and well-acted actors/actresses. It was fun to see which woman "Will" (Ryan Reynolds) would pick. I think there was some mature material and kissing scenes, but overall was a good movie.

Kid, 12 years old February 8, 2010

Ok

Ok I turned it off within the first hour beacuse of the sexual content. Over all pretty boring with way to much sexual stuff.

Teen, 15 years old Written bykatiemay017 August 16, 2009

Great movie! (isla fisher is awesome)

I LOVE this move, and think the characters are great and so is the plot. its fun to see the characters change over the years and i absolutley LOVE April (isla fisher) shes fun loving and interesting. Abigail Breslin is very good in this film and the Se* stuff isnt that bad, there isnt some comments and kissing bit other than that its fine. SEE THIIS MOVIE!!

An Original, Yet Slow, Romantic Comedy

This is definitely one of the most original movies that I've ever seen. It is slow at parts, and the movie would've gotten at least 4 stars if her dad told her one part of the story to her per day for a certain amount of days.I never predicted the answer to the mystery, but after watching part of the ending, it made sense. There is a lot of nongraphic yet descriptive sexual dialogue in it, as well as repetitive kissing, drinking and smoking, and humor that is considered probably considered by parents to be mature. If you are 12 and up, see this movie! There's not much of Abigail Breslin in it, but a lot of romance.

It was kinda slow...

Overall it was pretty good, but it was boring at some parts. I just wanted to get to the end! There's really nothing bad in this movie, just kissing, but they discussed sex a little and there was a scene at the beginning where a whole bunch of kids were talking about it for some reason (I didn't understand). There's a lot of Bill Clinton in the movie, and the characters smoke and drink a little.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKell_bell April 9, 2008

WOW!

I went to see this movie with my grandmother, mom and my Aunt. I left in the begining of the movie because of the language and the sex talk that went on! This eight year old girl in the begining is talking vividly about what happens during sexual intercourse because her teacher told her about it.

GOOD MOVIE

I don't think this was the best movie i have seen, but it was a very good "feel good" movie. There is a lot of talk about sex, but i guess thats the whole point of the movie, and the movie starts by maya learning about it, so it makes sence. There is some comercialism (dunkin' donuts, pepsi, marblo cigerettes{or something like that}). It's a good movie to see, but KNOW YOUR KID!!