Parent reviews for Descendants 3

Satisfying end to trilogy has positive themes for kids.

Wondering if Descendants 3 is OK for your kids?

Parent Written byMBlackdot August 8, 2019

Eh?

do you want to teach your kids that all girls are stunningly beautiful and Dance around suggestively? Then it’s the right movie for you. While it might have a decent lesson it’s full of unnecessary sexual tension and the sexualizing young girls. It’s completely absurd and only perpetuates some unobtainable image girls and boys have to obtain.
Adult Written byGrant61 September 9, 2019

Nice Way to Close the Trilogy

I like this one best for my girls out of the three. I liked the overall messaging and how it could be used to open a dialogue with my daughters about how it applies in the real world.

Adult Written byMCM5000 May 7, 2020

plastic surgery/focus on appearances sets a terrible example

I couldn't get past the absurd plastic surgery of the main character. I had to keep reminding my daughter that people don't look like that in real life and that it's sad when very young women feel compelled to change the way they look.

Then there's all the crazy short skirts. As lest the Audrey character wore pants. My friend introduced my daughter to this awful series. If I could go back in time I would rewind to the day we were sitting around and I figured if my friend let her daughter watch this it would be ok.
Adult Written bySistersister123 August 7, 2019

It’s cute!

Reviews on one and two made me laugh. Body shaming? Scary? It’s so not appropriate for my daughter. It’s Disney, every Disney has violence or a sad story line. Lighten up. Strongly suggest ages six and over but your daughter will be just fine. Chill! Enjoy the soundtrack, great costumes and incredible dancing.
Adult Written byMayBNaut25 August 2, 2019

Musically Entertaining

There was of course a song every time a main character had new feelings arise. It's Disney. It's expected. The plot line was not predictible at all. Director & writer did a wonderful job. Romance is mostly portrayed by kissing on cheek or on mouth for under 20 seconds. Stares and awkward shown looks are funny. Choreography & storytelling is amazing! My favorite part is learning the children's names born to our favorite story book characters.

Adult Written bySo_marie88 December 4, 2019

Spiritually Dangerous

This movie attacks kids with different types of witchcraft , sorcery, and rituals . They over sexualize the characters and also keep glorifying being bad . The songs also glorify all of these things and will get stuck in your child’s head they will speak these things as the song says them . This movie has even gone so far as to mentioning the devil and including haydees the devil in the movie it’s self . This movie is satanic and is meant to spirituality attack our children .The message is not worth the programming your kids will get from watching this ! Please beware ! True love warns ! This is not a movie for followers of Christ !

Adult Written byTgonzalez123 August 14, 2019

Descendants loosing the “Disney magic”

This film was a nice conclusion to the series. It was definitely a tv-film from the sets to the music to the acting. The film seemed a bit less "magic" compared to the previous 2 installments in the series. The fantasy elements were not as prominent, at times it even felt very anti-climactic. The music wasn't very good, seemed to repetitive of the first two films. Overall, it was entertaining, but not a great film.

Adult Written byIllinois32 October 10, 2020

Don't Try

This Movie Is Banned In Me For Obvious Reasons My Name Is Illinois

Adult Written byscarlettthedrag... September 16, 2020

not as good as the first two but still ok

as I said in the title it not as good as the first two but ok enough the songs are still good and it reveals a secret about mal past and in my opinion got a good ending to end the series
Adult Written byLainey_28 May 15, 2020
Parent of a 6 and 7-year-old Written byDale Dietrich March 11, 2020

Hollywood Pablum pt 3

My review of the original Descendants and Descendants 2 apply to this. Both my kids were in to it (mostly because their school mates suggested it), but its a pretty poor made-for-TV movie. I did appreciate the singing and dancing routines more in the latter two movies than I did in the original. The same predictable themes play over and over in the entire series. Clearly a low budget film as you can tell its all done on green screen. I don't like how they overly sexualized teens. They sexualized their lip-synced singing voices to be sultry and different than their actual voices. Your kids will likely enjoy it. You'll be bored.

Adult Written byOddball20 January 6, 2020

Very good

This movie was almost as good as the first. This movie was entertaining in every minute and kept me interested the whole movie. Although I was sad this was the last Descendants, they ended it in the best way it could have been ended.
There is not a better way they could have ended the last Descendants.
8/10 from me.

What’s in the movie?

Violence - Hades hits Mal and her friends with laser blasts, knocks them down. Mal is injured by magic from Audrey's scepter while in her dragon form and needs help from a friend to recover her strength. Audrey puts a spell on the residents of Auradon, putting some to sleep, turning others to stone. Choreographed dance number involves swordfight between knights in armor and heroes. A beast roars in a menacing way.

Kissing - One long kiss from a king and from a future princess.
Someone performs a true loves kiss to awaken a boy from a spell.

Adult Written byKMuru November 6, 2019
Adult Written byEk7 October 19, 2019

Boring

I enjoyed the music and fantasy element of the first 2 movies. But this one didn't really bring it. Except finding myself cringing at the inappropriate dance moves. The songs were mostly awful. Found myself laughing at how terrible it was.

Adult Written byVLeyva August 16, 2019
Its a nice movie. A small kissing part but that's about it.
Adult Written byMaddie L. August 8, 2019

Awesome!

I love this film!

Adult Written byHorse_Lover96 August 5, 2019

Songs are bad

I love all Disney movies but this is just terrible I watched it with friends and we all stopped watching because it's bad I laughed the whole way because of how stupid the songs are