Kid reviews for Descendants 3

Satisfying end to trilogy has positive themes for kids.

Teen, 16 years old Written bybrianna10145 August 12, 2019

Amazing Lesson

I’m a big fan of descendants, and I think these movies show a great lesson about being able to trust your friends, and that not everything has to grow as a big bubble inside of you; you should share your feelings to others. This is a movie I definitily recomend

Teen, 13 years old Written byZeddisonLover75 May 16, 2020

Great film!

It is a great film with a great plot, songs and dancers. There are a few issues I would like to address.
Sexualised dancing. The dances are definitely for the actors not for kids. The actors are adults. Especially the girls dancing too. The female actors I'm talking about are ages 23 and up so this is probably just how they dance.
Sexualised overall. The way the female actors move is quite Sexualised. The kisses are a bit longer than usual. The costumes are also very short. Also when the female actors are walking the camera usually shows the back of them, where their hips are swaying a lot. For example when mal walks away from hades she sways her hips a lot and the camera shows that very clearly.
The plastic surgery. The main actress, dove cameron, has had plastic surgery. She is very beautiful but she is not fully "real" if you know what I mean. So if you want, you should tell your child that no one is that perfect. No one actually looks like that. Also this actress is also a singer and sings songs with swear words on them (the f word) and some pretty explicit lyrics. So if you don't want your child singing these just tell them not to or tell them what the words they are not supposed to say are.
The songs. The songs are amazing and very catchy but they do talk about being bad quite a bit. For example the first song is called "good to be bad" which is pretty self explanatory.
Scariness. It can be scary at times. For example when mal turns into a dragon it could be scary for your child
The props. The props and the sets are very bad. The ember changes size all the time. The green screen is terrible.
The message is also lost in this film. In d1 and d2 they had a message. But not this one.
The actors are great role models (maybe not dove cameron as much) too.
There is alps a bit of violence but nit too much.
Overall I love the movie. It is my second favourite movie but it had a few things that annoyed me. It has a great plot, great actors and songs. I recommend that you watch descendants 1 and 2 first so it makes sense. Enjoy! I hope this helped you decide whether your child should watch it or not!

Teen, 14 years old Written byLazy111 August 20, 2019

It was OK.

This movie was a good movie to watch with younger viewers. The message of the movie was good because it showed that everyone deserves a second chance and that there is good in everyone. Overall if you are a fan the decedents movies this is a great movie. The characters also show teamwork and the never give up. There is a lot of singing as well.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySweets06 August 5, 2019

OMG my favorite of them all!!!

I was so thrilled when I heard that Descendants 3 was coming out! I was SO happy and the movie DID NOT disappoint! I’ve been listening to ALL the songs since they came out. The trailers did not lead me away that much! It was so good I loved EVREYR minute of it! I don’t care what people say VKs all the way!(okay that was a little cheesy) It has great messages about being true to yourself and knowing that you can be both sides of yourself!

Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2019

Heartwarming end to series still has that magic touch

Descendants 3 was are rare example of how movie series’ don’t have to get worse and worse with every movie. Chock-full of amazing dance number and songs, it was a hit. It had tons of positive messages like the importance of working together, and was really just one huge political metaphor. It was about possibly closing the BARRIER around the VILLAINS forever. Sound familiar? There were some scary scenes, but everyone ended up getting their happy ending. Descendants 3 (and the whole Descendants trilogy) are great family movies to watch with older kids and young tweens, and will appeal to all ages.
My rating: TV-PG for FV

Teen, 13 years old Written byteq August 2, 2019

Good movie

The movie sends a good message, has good songs and is entertaining. Highly recommend.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHailieGrace17 August 2, 2019

My Favorite

This is the best one yet. I know it is the end. But it was the perfect ending. I wont spoil it if you are reading reviews before watching it but skip the reviews and go to the movie it is AMAZING.

R.I.P CAMERON BOYCE

We all love you

Kid, 11 years old October 12, 2020

Great Plot!

I loved this movie! I think it was a spectacular end to the trilogy. There was a song called "Good to be bad" which wasn't the best title, especially considering the song was about being proud about where you're from. Other than that it had amazing, complicated characters, an amazing plot and they added Mal's father in which really added to it. If you liked this movie, I'd recommend High School Musical, The Harry Potter movies and Wizards of Waverly Place! Thanks for reading.

Rest in peace, Cameron Boyce.

Teen, 13 years old Written by-Melly- October 4, 2020

Amazing Movie!

I'm a die hard Descendants fan so I might be a little bias but I have a few nitpicks:

The props and greenscreen are terrible. The ember goes from fitting into the palm of someone's hand to fitting inside a necklace.

Some of the characters were pretty bad and had no backstory, like Celia or Hades.

The story felt like it was made up along the way and the ending was really lazy.

Some things I love are:

I love Evie in general. I love how she tried to make everyone friends and I love how she flipped the gender stereotype of a prince needs to save a princess.

I love all the shipping potential in this movie haha
(Mevie is the best ship btw)

I love everything about this movie besides the things I previously mentioned. Overall a great movie but I recommend you watch the first two movies before you watch this one.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCarissa Belford August 19, 2020

I love it

This may be a little more violent. It does give a message which is nomatter what side bad or good or neatural will all capable of doing both bad and good . We should choose what is right. The dance and every things.

Teen, 16 years old Written byRobbieShapiro July 23, 2020

Disappointing

Out of the three movies, this was by far the worst. The plot went in so many different directions, and the writing felt like an afterthought. Unfortunately, they included so many new characters without giving them a proper storyline, therefore only adding to the confusing plot. I wish they had put more effort into developing one of the antagonists rather than adding so many weak characters. The movie was missing a climax, as every problem was solved within five or so minutes of the movie. Overall the message of friendship was hidden behind bad writing, squashing any potential that it could have had.

Kid, 8 years old July 19, 2020
Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2020
Kid, 7 years old June 27, 2020

Wicked cool

I love this movie because I like the music. The music is so cool! I also like the name of the villains’ town, The Isle of the Lost!!! My favorite characters are Mal and Evie! They are so cool!!!

Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2020

I am Ubsessed!!!

I love this movie so so much!!! I literally just finished watching it for the first time and am about to watch it again. I loved it!!!
Kid, 12 years old June 23, 2020

Super good movie!

This movie is great for tweens. Not younger kids though because there are some inappropriate scenes that you shouldn't allow your kid to watch.
-Kisses. The kissing is always the part where kids stop, stare, and say "eew." Movies with kissing are never the best for kids.
-Clothing. The girls' dresses are always short to the thighs, especially Mal's.
-Talk. This movie is basically a love story and I see no moral or positive role models (maybe Evie) in Descendants 3. There's sweet talk between Mal and Ben, but no bad words.
Overall, I enjoyed this movie, but kids no younger than tweens should watch this.
Kid, 8 years old June 17, 2020

LOVE THIS MOVIE

I LOVE THIS MOVIE SOOOO MUCH . This is the best one yet ..... THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS MOVIE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 5 years old May 23, 2020

Descendants 3 Review

Descendants 3 is the third movie to the movie series of Descendants. It has a GREAT storyline. The characters always have a new style in hair and clothes so it was fun to see the new and amazing styles they have in this movie. It is a great movie for kids who love the Disney films as much as me!

Teen, 14 years old Written byemo_kid07 May 15, 2020
I was thrilled to hear that D3 was coming out in August! I am 13+ but I LOVE this movie! The cast is amazing and I grew up watching them all from Cameron in Jessie to Dove in Liv and Maddie! This movie was amazing! They really stepped up their game from 1 and 2. My cousins and siblings are 5,6,6,7,9,10. There are 5 girls including me and 2 boys! We all love it! We act out all the scenes and we even have wigs! I recommend it to all ages but anyone under 5+ probably will not understand it all. This was a great way to wrap up this series! I hope D4 happens even though it would not be the same without our Cameron Boyce (Carlos) but it would be cool to see Ben and Mal's wedding.

Teen, 13 years old Written byThat_Emo_Chick_07 May 13, 2020

I am a teen and I am just a obsessed with this franchise as my 6 year old sister!

OMG I LOVE THIS FRANCHISE! I connect with all the characters so much and my whole family loves to watch this! Out of my whole family (kids) I am the oldest and the youngest is 5 but this movie everyone connects to someone! I even have a Harry Hook costume and my 7 year old cousin makes me wear it when she wears her Uma dress and she tells me to "Only Sing Harry's Part" Of what's my name! Also, My cousin (9) Is obsessed with Mal she has the wig and everything and she runs around the house singing "My Once Upon A Time" or "Night Falls" Also, I love the actors in this franchise because I remember them from shows I watched when I was 8 or 9 like Ant farm starring China Ann McClain, Jessie starring Cameron Boyce, or Liv and Maddie starring Dove Cameron. So, I connect with this movie a lot, Also, I know some of the cast like Thomas Doherty from the show The Lodge! So, The whole cast is close to my heart and childhood, RIP Cameron Boyce.