All teen and kid member reviews for Despicable Me

Kid, 12 years old November 11, 2010

Really funny movie!

I loved the movie Despicable Me. There's only one big concerns that I have. A few little ones though. LANGUAGE Butt, fart, poop & sucker were all used, "butt" especially. VIOLENCE Some of Gru's gadgets would be considered dangerous in the real world such as a freeze-ray, shrink-ray and another weapon which blows stuff up. PRODUCT PLACEMENT One. The NBC logo. But, it's not really "in your face" and it only shows for a few seconds. BAD ROLE MODELS Both Gru & Vector are bad role models for stealing and using weapons. No highlights unfortunatly. However, if you enjoy a really funny movie, this is great!
Kid, 12 years old December 27, 2011

Awesome Movie!!

Kid, 12 years old September 24, 2011

Entertaining Black Comedy Sends Relevant Messages

No concerns in terms of appropriate contents. Nothing that would really be offensive to a seven-year-old or his parents (I am 12). Very, very, funny (mostly a black comedy, my favorite brand of comedy), but the humor is also not too dark at the same time. INFINITELY entertaining. It is probably almost impossible to fall asleep watching this. May be a kids' film, but like "Toy Story" and "The Lion King", adults will be dragged through it but also pleasantly surprised throughout the movie because it's appealing to an entire family.
Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2011

Love It!

i love the movie! its funny! Its cute and good extras!
Teen, 13 years old Written byskira1230 July 18, 2010
This is a fun enjoyable movie but some parts children might not understand. There are also complete role models who show positive stands which will encourage children.
Kid, 12 years old July 14, 2010
Great movie and it teaches evil people can be good to. Only scene of concern is the juice box scene ( where it looks like a little girls is crushed by spikes, because he crushed juice box looks like blood.)
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2010

OK for kids that are'nt orphans, or are and don't care what the depict them as.

It's OK, though the orphanage line was pretty awkward.
Kid, 10 years old April 25, 2015

5 and under

5's and under will enjoy this. And above 5's will also enjoy it. But not as much.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWebkinzEvelyn May 13, 2014

Cute and funny

It was really cute and funny. It is school appropriate due to me watching it in middle school. It is rated PG. But I don't know if I can approve of that I call it a pretty tame and cute film. It's funny. One of the best films I have ever seen! Yes it is very popular and I can agree with that because this film deserves a better rating than most people give it credit for. Idk the only major thing I don't like about this movie is Vector! OMG I hate this character he is terrible! Oh well that's the only complaint I have for this film is the Vector. Aside from that I don't find anything wrong with this film! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 31, 2013

Brilliant!

When I saw the trailers for this in 2010, I thought I wouldn't like it. However, that changed when I actually saw the movie. It was great! It's about an evil mastermind named Gru, who adopts three little girls. He doesn't care for them, but that soon changes. It was a positive film and had a lesson teached at the end. There is some mild potty humor but kids will get a giggle out of it. The CGI for Despicable Me was great! Although it may not have been Pixar or anything, it's still great. Overall, Despicable Me is an excellent movie for everyone and I hope the sequel will be good!
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2011

A little bit on the younger side but its ok

we watched this movie on a bus ride to plymouth and i got a little bored but i watched some of it
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2011

pretty good movie

it was pretty good...
Teen, 15 years old Written byTacoBall February 12, 2011

Wonderful, funny and surprisingly sweet

At first when this movie was in theaters, I didn't want to see it--I thought the poster was too weird with all the Minions and all, but it turned out to be a wonderful movie with themes of family and love. Steve Carell was awesome as Gru, and the Minions were actually really cute. My only concern is that like many other kids' movies, this movie depicts orphanages very negatively, especially because the orphanage director Miss Hattie is mean to little girls, making them sell cookies all day and then locking them up in a "Box of Shame". This type of thing, even though the intentions are probably innocent enough, can cause little ones to develop wrong stereotypes about adopted kids and orphanages.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysusieboo November 8, 2010

My new favorite!

I didn't think I'd like this movie, and I didn't. I loved it! Gru is a believable character, and the girls are awesome. (Cynical Margo, nightmare fetishist Edith, and adorable Agnes.) This movie is clever, heartwarming (but not in a sickening tastes-like-diabetics way) and laugh-out-loud hilarious. I added the "scary" warning because of Miss Hattie, the runner of the orphanage. She's cruel, heartless,runs a cookie mafia from her orphanage, and makes kids go in the "box of shame." She's evil, irredeemable, and worst of all, she gets away with it all. However, this movie rocks anyway.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylolakitty12 October 7, 2010

A little immature with language but good for young kids.

This was a very cute movie. There are some things in it you don't want your kids to go around saying but it has good messages about family and even the most "evil" person has some good qualities.
Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2010

Great kids film and super hilairious

This is a great kids film. Defenitly a must see with the fam on a friday evening. The only thing you should know is that he "returns" the orphans but doesn't mean to. He ends having a heart of gold. This is also super uber hilairious.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbiMe July 21, 2010

Its ok...

It was meant to be funny but they gave it all away in commercials. It was a good topic and kids around 6-10 will probably enjoy it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBook-Fan October 28, 2016

I reall ]y dont find this appropriate for young children

I think this movie has several scenes that aren't the most appropriate for a kids movie. There are words that they say that aren't technically swear words, but a lot of family's don't like there young children hearing/saying them. I am not fond of this movie at all.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBen29oak October 7, 2016

Warning for teenagers

Clearly there are animated movies that are for families like Shrek and How to Train Your Dragon, but there are movies for younger kids like this one. The humor is bland, it rips off elements from Megamind, a movie that came out after Despicable Me, but was planned first. Little kids will love it mostly because of the Minions, but teenagers will squirm and complain during it. Grade: F
Kid, 10 years old August 17, 2016

Good movie!

A movie that adults and kids would like. The movie is totally apropreate for everyone.