Kid reviews for Despicable Me

Clever, funny, and sweet villain-with-a-heart-of-gold tale.

Teen, 14 years old Written byWebkinzEvelyn May 13, 2014

Cute and funny

It was really cute and funny. It is school appropriate due to me watching it in middle school. It is rated PG. But I don't know if I can approve of that I call it a pretty tame and cute film. It's funny. One of the best films I have ever seen! Yes it is very popular and I can agree with that because this film deserves a better rating than most people give it credit for. Idk the only major thing I don't like about this movie is Vector! OMG I hate this character he is terrible! Oh well that's the only complaint I have for this film is the Vector. Aside from that I don't find anything wrong with this film! :)

Teen, 15 years old Written byTacoBall February 12, 2011

Wonderful, funny and surprisingly sweet

At first when this movie was in theaters, I didn't want to see it--I thought the poster was too weird with all the Minions and all, but it turned out to be a wonderful movie with themes of family and love. Steve Carell was awesome as Gru, and the Minions were actually really cute. My only concern is that like many other kids' movies, this movie depicts orphanages very negatively, especially because the orphanage director Miss Hattie is mean to little girls, making them sell cookies all day and then locking them up in a "Box of Shame". This type of thing, even though the intentions are probably innocent enough, can cause little ones to develop wrong stereotypes about adopted kids and orphanages.

Kid, 9 years old August 17, 2021

Really great!

I like all the Minion movies a lot because they are a bit violent. But don’t misunderstand, they are great!

Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2021

The wheels on the bus go round and round

Teen, 13 years old Written byMadhusudhana July 2, 2021

So great to watch as a family movie!

My sister loves Miranda Cosgrove! I really like Gru, he is a funny character and it is voiced by Steve Carrell!

Kid, 10 years old January 11, 2021

Funny despicable action calamity.

Lots of mild comic violence, mild language, no sex references at all, no drinking references and mild consumerism towards the Minion franchise. Good family watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBennyJoeJo10 December 19, 2020

Nice.

I like the Minions! I love how the franchise has missions that Gru has. It’s good!

Kid, 12 years old November 25, 2020

despicable me was a solid movie

i liked this movie when i was a kid. nothing inappropriate about it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMusiclovergig August 31, 2020

Great animated film

When this first came out on DVD I bought it immediately and I watched it way too many times. Still ones of my favorite animated films ever.
Kid, 11 years old August 20, 2020

why is there SIX one star reviews in the parents section? and why is one of the 18+?

honestly i think this movie is good. Its sweet and funny. Sure to make your kids laugh. Honestly, i think the parents who put in 18+ in pixar movies are just trying to be funny. this was a childhood favorite of mine. All of the actors did a great job.
Kid, 9 years old August 5, 2020

Despicable Me

This movie is really good but kids whose parents are getting divorced or are adopted shouldn't see it.

Kid, 9 years old May 1, 2020

Fun with funny gadgets.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLoranikas303 April 26, 2020

Cute, funny, and some mild violence

When I was about 7, I’ve watched this movie all the time and I think this was my favorite movie but I’m not a fan. I prefer the sequel because it’s better and has a great plot. The animation is good, the humor is funny such as minion butts, and it is cute. Some minions are cute. So I’m a little bit of Despicable Me fan and I watched the sequel in theaters. So the plot is good too. Gru is about a sweet villain who becomes an anti-villain or an agent. Some neutral role models. It has 81% of Rotten Tomatoes and 76% in IMDb. It is a funny movie. So do you think to ignore the bad ratings before you write a review, what do you think it? Tomorrow’s my sisters 4th birthday!

Kid, 9 years old February 17, 2020

DA BEST!!

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME
good movie also the main villain (vector) is really funny.
few questionable moments (kids in a box of shame) but other than that PERFECTLY FINE. also dont watch with a adopted kid and heres why.
3 kids are orphans and dont have a home BUT THEN gru adopts them for slavery to try to get the shrink ray but good movie

Teen, 17 years old Written byOddball20 December 22, 2019

I loved it

This movie was pretty good. It is family friendly and entertaining. It made me laugh many times and stayed relevant to the story. Animated beautifully and the perfect balance of crudeness.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBook-Worm_ December 6, 2019

Fun, funny, and family friendly

I really like this movie. My only problem is the adoption stuff. If you have an adopted kid or you are adopted, don't watch this. I love the minions, though!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJRT1981 August 24, 2019

Outrageous humour.

Awesome comedy that is entertaining for all ages. Must see!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written by1201td March 4, 2019

I saw this movie at a young age and found it hillarious

It’s a great movie, and extremely funny. Minor language like butt loser and not much more. Definitely positive messages and role models. Overall amazing movie for all ages

Teen, 13 years old Written bySensical Shmensical December 3, 2018

Great film with some rude humor

Definitely worth a watch, good for all ages. There are a few instances of potty humor among the minions though.

Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2018

Pretty decent

I liked this movie. It was really good and A little bit funny. You should show this to your kids.