Kid reviews for Despicable Me

Clever, funny, and sweet villain-with-a-heart-of-gold tale.

Teen, 14 years old Written byWebkinzEvelyn May 13, 2014

Cute and funny

It was really cute and funny. It is school appropriate due to me watching it in middle school. It is rated PG. But I don't know if I can approve of that I call it a pretty tame and cute film. It's funny. One of the best films I have ever seen! Yes it is very popular and I can agree with that because this film deserves a better rating than most people give it credit for. Idk the only major thing I don't like about this movie is Vector! OMG I hate this character he is terrible! Oh well that's the only complaint I have for this film is the Vector. Aside from that I don't find anything wrong with this film! :)

Teen, 15 years old Written byTacoBall February 12, 2011

Wonderful, funny and surprisingly sweet

At first when this movie was in theaters, I didn't want to see it--I thought the poster was too weird with all the Minions and all, but it turned out to be a wonderful movie with themes of family and love. Steve Carell was awesome as Gru, and the Minions were actually really cute. My only concern is that like many other kids' movies, this movie depicts orphanages very negatively, especially because the orphanage director Miss Hattie is mean to little girls, making them sell cookies all day and then locking them up in a "Box of Shame". This type of thing, even though the intentions are probably innocent enough, can cause little ones to develop wrong stereotypes about adopted kids and orphanages.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBook-Worm_ December 6, 2019

Fun, funny, and family friendly

I really like this movie. My only problem is the adoption stuff. If you have an adopted kid or you are adopted, don't watch this. I love the minions, though!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJRT1981 August 24, 2019

Outrageous humour.

Awesome comedy that is entertaining for all ages. Must see!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written by1201td March 4, 2019

I saw this movie at a young age and found it hillarious

It’s a great movie, and extremely funny. Minor language like butt loser and not much more. Definitely positive messages and role models. Overall amazing movie for all ages

Teen, 13 years old Written bySensical Shmensical December 3, 2018

Great film with some rude humor

Definitely worth a watch, good for all ages. There are a few instances of potty humor among the minions though.

Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2018

Pretty decent

I liked this movie. It was really good and A little bit funny. You should show this to your kids.

Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2018

Some of Universals best work!

It's been a long time since i've seen this but i still love it!

Kid, 7 years old March 25, 2018

I would give it a 4 and a half if I could

Fun,exciting,and don't forget SILLY! Fun but crazy adventure begins here. Good but kinda crazy movie. Some fighting and chaotic scenes but mostly kid-friendly silly comedy. DVD Children DESPICABL. Children that is. Some language but mostly good minion comedy.
Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2018

Never take adopted children to the movie

It is sad when gru adopts & then returns the 3 girls. But he takes them back to his house.

Kid, 7 years old February 10, 2018

I think this is a good movie for anyone but mostly for kids.

it is a good movie let your kid watch it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLizzieacid March 25, 2017

Important message

This movie blurs the lines between good and evil, a task not easily accomplished, but well needed in a movie society where villains are portrayed in black and white, when reality, the morals are far more varied and grey.

Kid, 7 years old March 22, 2017

nice

good movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBook-Fan October 28, 2016

I reall ]y dont find this appropriate for young children

I think this movie has several scenes that aren't the most appropriate for a kids movie. There are words that they say that aren't technically swear words, but a lot of family's don't like there young children hearing/saying them. I am not fond of this movie at all.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBen29oak October 7, 2016

Warning for teenagers

Clearly there are animated movies that are for families like Shrek and How to Train Your Dragon, but there are movies for younger kids like this one. The humor is bland, it rips off elements from Megamind, a movie that came out after Despicable Me, but was planned first. Little kids will love it mostly because of the Minions, but teenagers will squirm and complain during it. Grade: F

Kid, 10 years old August 17, 2016

Good movie!

A movie that adults and kids would like. The movie is totally apropreate for everyone.

Teen, 16 years old Written byFlowers4You March 23, 2016

Really Funny but some Red Flags

Despicable Me is a good movie to watch with the family (except Grandma and Gramps, they'll chew you out on choosing a film with some crude humor) under some conditions.
Other than the potty humor, there is also scenes of abuse (children being put in a box "the box of shame" or people testing a shrinking device "The shrink Ray", and a landmark called " The Big Beer." You should explain the cartoon violence and crude humor to kids, but once you explain it, then everyone can enjoy an hour and a half of good laughs.

Teen, 15 years old Written bysaphirequeen November 29, 2015

unoriginal

I thought that this will be funny and entertaining movie but this isn't. Despicable me is pretty unoriginal and boring. I have seen tons of movies with stuff and characters like this. It's full with potty humor and minions are the worst. Waste of time.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTV man 13245768 October 18, 2015

A REALLY GOOD CARTOON MOVIE

I really enjoyed this movie and I am 16 years old. It was hilarious and my friends and I had a great time watching it. They do talk about stealing the moon which you might not want your kids to hear about if they are so young. There is several scenes of explosion and some people in this movie tog et hurt. There is this creepy dog or animal that attacks the girls but nothing bad happens to them. Gru and the little girls do say some inappropriate stuff that you might not want your young children to hear. Overall I'm pretty sure your kids will love and watch this movie over and over again. It is really funny and entertaining.

Teen, 16 years old Written bycbar04 August 8, 2015

a hit

Despicable Me is a wonderful movie. However, I take issue with the way adoption, orphans and the system is handled. I am not adopted but I know several people who are and I do not think they'd like that. Gru does end up adopting the three young girls though, so that is great!! The minions are the best part of the movie. It's tame enough to take little kids to. Worth going to the movies for!! :)