Kid reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Adorable comedy about middle-school anxieties...and farts.

Kid, 10 years old March 27, 2010

Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2010

Book is Better

I thought Diary of a wimpy kid was o.k but the book is was better. I have read the Diary of a wimpy kid books at least 4 times per book if you are planning on watching the movie now I would recomended just read the book because I give the books 5 star ratings. I saw common sence said age 9+ my brother saw the movie and he was 6 and he understood the movie .

Teen, 17 years old Written byGorp August 7, 2020

Good

I loved it! The only thing I have to say is they show a magazine with a woman in inappropriate clothing and Greg is a horrible role model. But when I watched it when I was younger, I laughed at it and I think if they understand that he isn't supposed to be a good role model, they will laugh at this hilarious kids movie!

Kid, 9 years old July 23, 2020

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

This movie is awesome but the second one is better. Not so great role models.

Teen, 14 years old Written bynoodle hair felix July 6, 2020

an amazing and funny movie.

The reverend who won't let his 15 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER watch this greatness makes me so furious he is definitely hated at his work place.
18's have horribly inappropriate scenes in them and very bloody scenes in them. YOU PROBALY WOULDN'T LET YOUR DAD WATCH THEM!!!!!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheOdd1sOut June 22, 2020

I was speechless

Don’t get me wrong, people like causal high school movies along with normal life movies. But this, this is a whole other level. Well, it is a normal movie about a really disrespectful kid who does show any compassion to his brothers and his own parents along with sex and language. It made me so uncomfortable.
Kid, 12 years old May 19, 2020

Good

Funny and has a lot of potty humour but is not as fun as in the book, there are a few scenes that need parental guidance but the rest is fine. A few motivational friendship messages are also in the movie.
Nice movie.
Kid, 9 years old April 29, 2020

Ok.

Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2020

Wonderful Film about being in middle school, with one flaw

Parents need to know that this hilarious comedy is based on the great book series. Lot's of good messages/role models. In two scenes there is a magazine of sexy woman showing motercycles. A kid get's in a lot of trouble for it and has to appologize to "women". The woman are just in bra's and underwear. Besides that - VERY GOOD FILM.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJiminyBillyBob2 April 13, 2020

Great movie

7+ as very mild. Shouldnt miss it

Teen, 14 years old Written bysadie.nowik April 1, 2020

G.O.A.T

Chances are your kid has finished the book series and wants to watch the movies, LET THEM! This movie is amazing, it’s funny, it’s relatable. And sure Greg is a terrible role model but there are plenty of great characters in the movie. This will forever be one of my favorite movies and I hope others can love it as much as I do.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAK17000 February 28, 2020

Awesome

Although the book was better, this movie is a classic. This film is funny, goofy and Greg always learns a lesson in each movie.
Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2019

Greg learns a new lesson in every movie

In this movie it’s a boy that really doesn’t understand maturity, and he learns a new lesson in each movie, suitable for 8 and up in my opinion
Kid, 11 years old May 19, 2019

TERRIBLE

This WAS the worst movie I have ever watched. I was cringing the entire time.

Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2019

amazing

This movie is great for kids growing up, but it is more for tweens because younger viewers don't really get the movie, it is about a wimp growing up and going into "the dumbest thing ever invented:" middle school. Very humourous, (yes, it is spelled that way and so is colours in more countries than America) great for the whole family, and suitable for younger viewers.

Teen, 15 years old Written bysotoren000 October 2, 2018

I watch it & i love it

It is the best movie

Kid, 9 years old March 16, 2018

My Review

Diary of a Wimpy Kid is for 8 yr olds. Some of them read on a 5th grade level and they might love this movie. Even if they haven't read the book. The greatest character is Greg Heffley.