Kid reviews for Dinner for Schmucks

Slapstick comedy feasts on the nerdiness of others.

Kid, 12 years old October 5, 2010
This movie was crap. It would be a great movie if all the sexual references were out of it because there were so many like every second! Me and my family had to walk put because it was so horrible. I had high expectatations bc I love Steve carell. Mature older teens like 15+ I guess could be ok..

Kid, 12 years old May 20, 2012

Funny

Pretty good movie may have to cover some of your kid's eyes

Teen, 13 years old Written byCaBrCoCous July 18, 2011

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!

Ca- First of all to the person below you are absolutely wrong im sure this movie isn't the worst thing your son will ever see. I think that this movie is the best movie ever and so does everyone else I know! And for all of you who had to walk out of the theatre that's not the worst thing your kids will ever hear, ooo they mention a bad word twice in the movie. Big Woop, don't bring your kids to am 14A movie, have some common sense. Oh yeah and for those of your who say this movie should be rated "R" the exorcist is rated R and that's a scary scary movie. No way is Dinner for Schmucks exocist level. I saw this movie with my mom and she isn't too underprotective, and she didn't cover my eyes and ask for a refund. DON'T LISTEN TO THESE REVIEWS!!!BEST MOVIE EVER!

Kid, 10 years old March 8, 2011

Teen, 16 years old Written byTacoSpartan January 7, 2011
My dad loved this movie. He can barely ever find a movie or show that makes him laugh aloud. He couldn't stop laughing with this one!

Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 February 26, 2012

this comedy is awesome for older teens

this movie is funny. but a scene with naked woman covered in body paint. this movie is about these 2 people who invite other people to dinner to make fun of them. but very funny
Kid, 12 years old September 24, 2011

Utterly Hilarious, But Also Mature

Point-blank, this film is hilarious. Truly funny. There were moments when I literally felt embarrassed in the cinema because I was laughing so much. But yes, jokes are mature sometimes because some of them are dirty. There is also language, including I think one F-bomb and a few "S" words. To tell the truth, I almost think this movie crossed the line over to the R rating. One more inappropriate thing and I think it would have deserved an R rating.

Teen, 15 years old Written byredskull322 January 30, 2011
The review that this website has given portrays the movie as a funny, mild PG-13 movie. While it is indeed funny, the movie is far from mild. The sexual content in this movie is simply excessive. All it truly needed was some more nudity for it to be R. There is constant talk about sex, references to "BJ's", "prostitutes", and "Hookers." The sexual humor is very explicit- in one scene, a women asks another man to "roleplay" with her and pretend to "spank" her. She is heard to be making groaning noises and calls her herself "a naughty schoolgirl." This same lady, in a later scene, claims that she "is wet." Additionally, a man claims he loses his wife's "clitoris." This conversation continues for 10-15 seconds. There is a scene where a man is found with two near naked women (leaves cover their private parts), posing erotically. This movie is simply not a family movie- the sexual references make the whole experience awkward. Watch the movie by yourself before letting your kids watch it.

Kid, 12 years old January 11, 2011

Definitely one of the Best Comedies

This movie was hilarious!! I laughed the whole way through! It is one of my favorite movies, I bought it as soon as it came out. If you like just movies you should watch this. Steve Carrel was really funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 24, 2011

A Suitable Movie

This is a good movie and nothing could really push it to being rated R. Sure there are a couple of sex moments such as Darla in general and the two blue chicks, but to me, the rating is suitable.

Teen, 16 years old Written bya_r2012 January 19, 2011

great film

so funny!

Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicKevinMan December 20, 2011

DON'T LISTEN TO THEM! This is defintley not for kids!

This movie is defintley not for ANYONE under 14. I saw this when I was 11. And I couldn't belive what I was watching. I felt uncomfortable watching this with my family. It was an OK movie, but NOT at all for kids! This is defintley NOT iffy for 12! It is really like iffy for 15-17!

Teen, 14 years old Written byiBanih December 9, 2011

Depends whether or not one will take the right messages from it

Very good movie if you take the right messages from it. There were so many positive messages it took from it, which the site doesn't include. An important one is from the "tower of dreamers", if you believe in something, don't let others stop you. Also teaches you the importance of friendship, and its not right to gain at someone else's demise. There is some bad langauge and constant refernce to sex, but nothing is seen. Barry is also a good role model in the areas of what he believes in and stands for, despite him being rather idiotic.

Teen, 16 years old Written byArabianHorses August 27, 2011

Good movie!

Not to insult any other people who have seen this....but me and rest of my family watched this movie and laughed throughout. Your kids hear the language at school and in every day life so really language is not the issue. I understand that parents don't like the sex stuff but it didn't make the movie any less funny. It was sweet and hilarious.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySafemancam001 February 14, 2011

Best movie ever, for Teens and Adults

OMG! This movie was so funny! When I saw it, it was a laugh fest in the theater. Not only was it funny, it has a great plot, too.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTotally500 February 13, 2011

What did i Just Seen?

This was the messed up movie ive every seen. It was funny in most places but bad in someplaces. Overall this was a fine film.

Teen, 15 years old Written bytheheroman122 November 24, 2010

Comedy Dunham

It's Funny With Jeff Dunham and Debbie

Teen, 13 years old Written byfilmlover123 March 7, 2011

Great movie, just don't let anyone under 10 see it

Scenes where people have sex, no explicit nudity shown. 1 character is an artist that talks about such things as having his arm inside a zebra's vagina, a man tries to identify a woman by her butt. There are at least two f words, some s words, b*tches, a**holes, damns and hells. A man gets his finger cut off However it does show that the main character was willing to stand up for his best friend (positive role model)

Teen, 14 years old Written bycheese-process January 21, 2011

The funniest movie I have ever seen. Ever.

Nonstop funny throughout the whole thing! Some of the most laugh-worthy moments in all of cinema were in this film. However, if you want a comedy that's smarter and more realistic, try watching Easy A, but if you just want to laugh your head off for two hours, Dinner for Schmucks is more than perfect.

Teen, 16 years old Written byThe_Movie_Guy January 17, 2011

A Great Family Movie

This was a very good film. Many people told ne they were afraid to watch it because they weren't sure about it. I thought this movie was a really great comedy but, most of the movies funniest parts are shown in the commercials. They do have wonderful moments that you will have to share with a co worker or a friend. Steve Carrel was the best thing about this movie. The movie is some what sad in various of parts though. You might even feel for Paul rudd's character and especially for Steve carrel's. This movie had really great lines and scenes that kids and adluts can talk about. Overall this movie is alright by me and I'll recommend it to any of my friends for sure. Your friend Movie Guy