All teen and kid member reviews for Disney's A Christmas Carol

Kid, 11 years old December 4, 2009

Miss-Rated, but good.

I am 11 years old and I saw this movie. I really enjoyed it, I thought the message was good, but there were some scenes where I had to cover my eyes. I like scary and violent, but this movie genuinely scared me. And if my seven year old sister were to see this movie, she would've been scared out of her wits. It is very miss-rated. It definitely should be PG-13. I also don't thing Scrooge is not a very good role model because he is always cranky and concerned about money and workhouses. I am so glad I did not see it in 3-D. If you are going to see this movie with your kids, you watch it first because some of the images are truly scary and disturbing.
Kid, 8 years old February 4, 2012

Makes you Jump!!!you can watch it in 2D or 3D

Some men say "bugger" and "blast".Quite violent with all those ghosts(don't want to spoil).A new version of the orignal film.I watched it at school,it makes you jump a bit even if you watched it twice!Quite a good film ,definley not sutible for young children,a PG film.If you watch it in 3d It will be quite cool but makes you jump even more.
Kid, 12 years old February 4, 2015

Scary but good

This is a very good movie, but it is way more scary then other Disney movies. There are skeletons, a dead body in a coffin, and about one-hundred ghost that look very life-like. When the movie starts you kind of get a "this is going to be creepy" feeling. Even though this is one of the most scary movies I've ever seen, it does have some good messages about the true meaning of Christmas. But, the scary things in this movie totally override the good messages. That's why I think you should be so old to see it.
Kid, 10 years old November 7, 2012

Under 10 years old? Don't watch this movie!

I am 10 years old and I have seen this movie, I really liked it. But there are some very disturbing images that might really scare young children. I really think it should be rated PG-13. If you are under the age of 10 I think you should not watch Disney's a Christmas carol.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKingdestroyah May 20, 2012

Alright, you are crazy.

Seriously? You found this scary? I saw this when I was 9 (I'm actually 12) and wasn't scared at all. And I was pretty easily scared up until a couple months ago, when I read the shining (I'm very persuasive) and wasn't scared. This is not scary, unless you are extremely easily scared. The only thing that was possibly scary was when he was in hell. But that might have been in a different one, haven't seen it in awile.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy December 21, 2014

Good Christmas movie

I watched this when I was younger and it honestly freaked me out. Its pretty good though, but iffy for young kids because it is the scariest adaptation so far with some scary scenes.
Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2012

A Christmas Carol

I just finshed Disney's A Christmas Carol. It was a fine movie, but their are some things people should watch out for. VIOLENCE: the film starts by showing a dead body, the ghost of marley is very scary, the way the ghost of christmas present goes is very disturbing, Ingorance and Want could be disturbing to some kids, and the ghost of christmas yet to come is probably the most disturbing part. Over all I think this movie is iffy for ages nine and under because of the violence. i was not scared at the time I watched the movie, but at night it took me a while to fall asleep....
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2012

Bad!

Bad movie! Horribly dissapointed. Scary for young kids too! I understand some of the characters from the book were scary, but these would really frighten young kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byawsomescout December 17, 2011

Amazing movie to watch inbetween Christmas and Halloween

I'll have to be honest, this is one of the best classical remakes. Although this is a ghost story still, you should expect some creepy and scary (pop-out) scenes during the (spoiler note) gost of the christmas future, the end of the ghost of the Christmas present and maybe past. Yes Jim Carry does play as the infamous Scrooge but he also acts as all of the ghosts. Note: This movie most likely can be played during Decomber, Novemer, and October (because of the creepy ghost scenes). The only part I wish they would put on it, is the part where Scrooge goes to one of the employees house (whos son is in serious need of help) and help them have a wonderful time of the year.
Kid, 9 years old December 24, 2013

MrLevi Reviews for parents: Disney's a christmas carol

I Just viewed this movie a few days and It was so great and it had so many depressingly amazing moments and I love it although I would recommend watching a censored version if you child is 4,3,2 or 1,Not to mention that terrifying scene where this guy starts shapeshifting and another's skin starts melting off,The dialog is creepy but It is also very touching and beautiful WARNING: May make your kids cry
Teen, 15 years old Written byFastbikes November 26, 2015

Scary. Movie

Ok the film starts of with a corpse Then it gets worse because. Marley. Scrooges worker. / partner Explodes through a door. Then. The ghost. Fades into several ghosts then the ghost of Christmas past rises. From Scrooges. Bed. After a long. Fast paced journey. The candle. Waxy like ghost. Disintegrates. Into several. Visuals. The. Next. Ghost is a old man. Who. After. Disintegrates. Into a large skull type. Character. Who. Shows. Scrooge. The meaning. Of ignorance. And want. After. The final ghost appears. Who is a large. Black. Shadow. Type figure. He directs. Scrooge to the. Fires of hell. Then the film ends with a nice cheery Scrooge
Kid, 10 years old October 26, 2012

Careful

Eh, I guess it's okay. Just be careful, this is not the book. Which, by the way, is much better.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus July 11, 2012

Really good.

Good movie to celebrate the holiday's. Really good animation and very true to the book. It will probably be scary for kids (lots of phantoms/ghosts and suspense). Overall a very good movie!
Teen, 17 years old Written bybri1919 February 10, 2014
Kid, 8 years old July 2, 2013

Good, but scary.

I liked this movie, but I would like it even more If it wasn't to scary! I really, really got freaked out the first time I saw it, but I tried to hide it because everyone else was enjoying it. It's really good but to scary,
Kid, 7 years old November 8, 2012

Very very scary and violent

when I saw Disney's a christmas carol I got creeped out especially by the part where Scrooge was going to fall in to his coffin. If my little brother had seen this movie he would of chickened out!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBooks rule December 28, 2011

scary christmas story

This is a scary ghost story, but still good. This is not violent, but scary because its a ghost story. At one point a "thing" grows deathly white and laughs hysterically. While two "figures" are scary as well. Though at the end Scrooge becomes a happy man and realizes the true meaning of christmas.
Kid, 9 years old December 19, 2015

!!!!!!

This movie was quite although it was pretty good. I literally screamed when marleys ghosts jaw broke open. I'm telling you listento this rating!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bygcb16 November 30, 2015

Great movie to a great story, but may scare younger viewers.

I still remember watching this movie in the theater when it came out. I was about seven and I will say that my seven year old self was scared when I saw this. Now 6 years later I realize that it is a little scary but aside that this movie is amazing. Some kids may not be interested in watching the old version, so I do recommend this movie. I would also recommend a parent watch it with them due to some scary parts. { mainly at the beginning"}
Teen, 13 years old Written bycantgetenoughmovies October 24, 2014

Scary and Magical all at once.

I went to see this in Theatres when it first came out. I was only 8. I only saw it in 2D, not Disney Digital 3D or IMAX 3D. I was horrified. The animation was quite creepy, and there was startling things like tiny ghosts of dead people, A ghost with a Broken Jaw (Marley), the Skeleton of The Ghost of Christmas Present, and a Grim-Reaper-Esk Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come. also some moments that made you jump like when The Shadow Horses run. I didn't know that stuff would happen in it. Would've been a Nightmare in IMAX 3D. I couldn't sleep that night of November 7th, 2009. I watched it on DVD, and later Blu-ray (since I have a Blu-ray player), and it was still a bit scary, but still magical in it's own right. If you have Kids under the Age of 10, don't watch it. I made that mistake once, and never again. But, the music by Alan Silvestri (The Polar Express, Stuart Little) is Beautiful. and Andrea Bocelli has a song. Listening to the Music as I type this right now.