Kid reviews for Doctor Sleep

Well-made "Shining" sequel has intense violence toward kids.

Teen, 17 years old Written byArya shaikh November 13, 2019
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2019

Great movie, but may be unsuitable for little kids

I watched this movie in theatres with my mom, my older 17-year-old brother and a friend of my brother, it was a great movie overall, but parents might take strong caution about taking kids to this movie which contains bloody images of violence and gore, a little bit of drugs and alcohol drinks, mild nudity, and some bad language, I would recommend some families out there to NOT take children who is immature and is faint-hearted.

Teen, 16 years old Written byGhoulGirl13 November 9, 2019

One Word: Amazing

If you’re a fan of horror films, I definitely think you’ll like this movie. It’s the sequel of the classic film The Shining. While this film is violent, I think anybody over 13 would be able to enjoy this movie though at some parts it might be frightening (some jumpscares and lots of frightening scenes, some that were pretty darn scary I’ll admit), but luckily there is nothing inappropriate. Also throughout the movie there was a good representation of role models and working together. Really recommend this movie to all you horror fans because I surely enjoyed it and you will too.

Teen, 13 years old Written byIdkwhattoname November 9, 2019

Doctor sleep

It’s a very good movie a little scary but over all very good and appropriate

Teen, 16 years old Written byTbird26 November 8, 2019

A worthy sequel to The Shining that lived up to my hype

After the trailer dropped I was looking forward to this movie. I loved The Shining and ever since Stephen King wrote the novel I was looking forward to somebody to create this movie. Who else but Mike Flanagan would be the one to make this film. He’s made a previous Stephen King film called Gerald’s Game and heard positive reviews for it. I was glad he was able to make this movie possible. He dives in deep with what Danny as a adult is going through and how he is dealing with it. As for the moments where he recreates the original movie’s famous moments, I almost screamed like a little girl because of what he did with the film’s final act. When The Shining’s theme music started back up I knew THIS IS IT. I loved how they did this movie and I’m glad I saw it opening night. It’s fantastic seeing it on the big screen finally. I would give this movie a 81/100
Kid, 11 years old November 6, 2019