Kid reviews for Doctor Sleep

Doctor Sleep Poster Image

This is not a picture of Cyborg WALL-E as a Horror movie!

For Adults only and there’s a sexual predator picks up the teen girl. She’s too young for rape. Blood shown and foul language. Doctor Sleep I should I say Doctor Strange Sleep.

1 person found this helpful.

Sadistic, down right disgusting film

After watching the original Shining a few years ago, I was determined to see this modern sequel because of how captivated I found the first one. While at the time I couldn't legally watch it at the cinema, I actually sat down when it came out to find it was absolutely rubbish. It was alright mostly up until this graphic murder of a child. Not much is shown but you hear the child screaming in pain which most people (especially adults) would never want to hear. The concept of killing absolutely innocent helpless people that can't even prevent their death does not sit right with me. Moral of the story: Don't make a film about sadistically murdering children.

What?

So messed up and boring. Had to turn it off. Don’t recommend

AAAAAAAAAAAA

If you watched and like the shining, WATCH THIS RIGHT AWAY. The book of doctor sleep was amazing, and the movie adaptation was the best adaptation of a book i've ever seen. The plot was great, so many aha moments, and all the overlook nostalgia. WATCH DOCTOR SLEEP. Great acting as well.

HUGELY INVENTIVE!!!!!

Great Start, Meh Ending

I actually thoroughly enjoyed the first two hours of the movie. At that point it didn’t really feel like a sequel, but rather it’s own story that just so happens to take place in the world of The Shining. There were a lot of really well executed ideas, decent performances, and an interesting plot. However, the third act really just screwed it up. The entire climax is built by nothing but fan service, and it really fell like a cop out. It’s quite the shame because it was doing so well up to that point. As far as content, it’s not as scary as The Shining, but definitely more violent. The child death scene is a bit gruesome but it never goes overboard.

Dissapointing

Didn't like it because it wasn't scary and it was overly long.

This movie was AMAZING

Typically horror movie sequels are not the best in my opinion, however, this movie was AMAZING. I can't remember one time throughout the entire 2 hours and 32 minutes I was watching the movie that I was bored/getting sick of the movie. I am not going to spoil the movie so you are going to have to watch it yourself. I was 14 when I first watched this movie, however, it may be useful to keep in mind that I am not one to be scared of anything therefore this movie did not phase me at all. If you are either easily scared, jump easily, squeamish, or all of the above, I recommend waiting to watch this movie. I watched all of the original horror movies (Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, The Shining, The Exorcist, etc.) by the time I was 14 so that is why I gave this movie the rating I did. I would like to note though that some of the deaths in the movie are very gory and one in specific was too hard for me to watch. Anyways, I DEFINITELY recommend watching this movie and I think any horror buff will find it fascinating :) **EDIT: (I was looking in the Parents comment section and there, many parents went into more detail about the death scene I am talking about. Many of them said they walked out of the theater after watching this scene and honestly I was about to do the same. I am not one to walk out of theaters like that. However, this scene was not hard to watch in the aspect that it was scary, it was hard to watch in the aspect that it showed a child being brutally murdered, and screaming for his life. This scene almost pushed me to my limits which is saying something.)

I really like it it had some disturbing moments though

I first watched it when I was 13 and was fine with it, there was some gory scenes that did gross me out but nothing that made me have nightmares, there was not much sex in it which to me made it better so it wasn't to horrible to match with family, did have A LOT of swearing throughout and a lot of drinking and drugs.

Doctor Sleep (suggested age: 16 years) (legal age: 16 years)

Do not watch this film before 16 years this movie and destinced to an adult audience and for great informed adolecents.