All parent member reviews for Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

Parent of a 12 year old Written byHasalan December 28, 2010
There is some use of bad language and a few 'near the mark' jokes, and some mild violence - though this is slap-stick. The characters are great - by no means are they angels - but they give a message of team work and accepting people for who they are. It's a very funny film.
Adult Written bykunowsky5 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byCynthia Fuchs April 9, 2008
Adult Written byLowe's man April 25, 2014

What is the purpose of this game?

While some of the jokes are a problem, as is the way some women are dressed, the bigger issue here is with the premise of the movie. The problem isn't with the movie itself. We just need to think about the subject matter. When we watch how dodgeball is played, we should ask ourselves why schools used to allow this game to be played. It is so cruel. If you see the game as just a game, you and your teens will be fine with this movie. If you see dodgeball as a way to teach children about life, you and your whole family should avoid this movie. Also, it isn't right for people to address men as, "Ladies" if they aren't behaving. To instead say, "Children" in such a situation would be an acceptable "compromise".
Parent Written byPlague December 18, 2009

"Your about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop."

Hilarious movie! Ben Stiller is super funny in this movie, along with the entire cast. Great movie for everyone 12+. Or depending on your house rules, the whole family.
Adult Written bylilasianchick13 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byfunnestever April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjoie April 9, 2008

I should have walked out

This movie was crude and distasteful. I should have walked out, and am ashamed that I didn't. There were unecessary sexual remarks as well as disgusting situations. I was very dissapointed and would absolutely recommend that you don't see this movie if you don't like to see trashy filmmaking.
Parent Written byILOVEPIZZA12345 January 19, 2012

Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 19, 2010
2 uses of f--k that CSM didn't notice
Adult Written byvoiceofreason April 9, 2008

Violent and funny. Great combination.

This is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Great combination of comical violence, sex jokes, and absurdity. Depending on the child, kids as young as 11 should be fine with it. However, guys seem to like it more than girls.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byjacob0929 March 25, 2009
Adult Written bysportschamp235 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bykick2 April 9, 2008

I wouldn't DODGE this movie!!!

I believe that this movie was a great movie for the comical side. Although some "rude" remarks were made... to some parents, sorry, this is what the teenager hears at school. A two thumbs up if it were up to a high schooler.
Adult Written byflare33 April 9, 2008

funny but wacky and very dumb in a way

this weird teen flick is very stupid and full of non to full on explicit sex and mild comic violence the plot is screwed up but the stupidity gets
Adult Written bypagey99 April 9, 2008

Great film with a good laugh

DodgeBall is a great comedy that any Teen would love. It shows the struggle to compete with a large gym, and get enough money to continue running the small gym and pull it from debt. The journey is one you join, and laugh all the way. a great film!
Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008