All teen and kid member reviews for Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat

Kid, 11 years old March 31, 2011

the cat is in the hat

I love the movie i have it on vcr. i have been watching it about every night i think it is hilarious. i dont hink the language is crude or the humor. there are only two time when son of b**** was said and the dirty hoe part i think kids wouldnt know the difference. ohh and when he gets hit in the crotch. it was humor to ry and break a pinata. it is a great move i recommend it for ages 2-13
Teen, 15 years old Written byCheetah-Licious0900 November 22, 2012

Want a reason?? Here's one!!

I do not think this movie is appropriate for any child because it may lead them into thinking the wrong thing. For example, your child hear's the Cat call the garden utensil a"dirty hoe." Then your child may go out into the world, not having any clue what a "dirty hoe" is, and say it to the wrong person and end up in serious trouble. There are many other reason's why your child (depending on the age) should not watch this movie. And this is only 1 reason, out of many.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycoolface1597 September 21, 2014

Great film for the family, but not appropriate for younger kids

The Cat says lots of sexual jokes, including the dirty hoe joke. He is about to lick the hoe but gets interrupted by Conrad. He spells out s*** (Super Hydraulic Instant Transporter). He sees a picture of a woman and says Humana-humana-Humana. He is hit in the nuts by a baseball bat. There is an inappropriate line in the F U N song: There was this cat I knew, back where I was bred He never listened to a single thing his mother said He never used the litter box, he made a mess in the hall So they sent him to the vet to cut of both his boo-boo-boy! I think you all know what the boo-boo part is referring to.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 20, 2012

BOO!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH! I really hate this movie! It's SO hard to believe that they would act vulgar in a movie based on a CHILLDRENS BOOK!
Kid, 8 years old November 28, 2011

Cat in the Hat is not is not for young children

Inappropriate movie alert!!! This movie is PG but it should be PG - 13.A kid hit Cat in the privates with a baseball bat. Cat picks up a hoe and says to it "dirty h*e" Not a good movie for kids!!!( It's nothing like the book! I like the book better!)
Teen, 16 years old Written bylovzhisdad December 2, 2012

should be rated "X"

Too much cussing, drinking, and mature sexual content. it's not too good anyway
Teen, 14 years old Written byCoolGuy1000 April 26, 2012

Don't watch innapropiate

The movie is terrible! The part where he says I'll hit you and make look like a bloody accident! And when he says you son of a b****. And you dirty hoe. Dr Seuss was probably crying in heaven about how bad the movie is!
Teen, 15 years old Written bypatilly100 April 8, 2012

Trash!

If I could, I wouldn't even give this movie a one-star rating. We watched about the first five or ten minutes of it before ejecting it and destroying it. The Cat in the Hat was talking about how he had gotten spayed and neutered and held up a certificate of proof. And then, we got a screen-full of naked butt. DO NOT SEE THIS TRASHY MOVIE WITH YOUR KIDS NOR YOURSELF.
Teen, 15 years old Written by80sfan8 March 23, 2012

Was it trying to be a kids movie?

This movie has alot of adult humor. Even though it will go over the kids heads (It did go over mine when I was young.) I still wouldn't recommend showing your kids this. I was a Dr. Seuss. fan as a kid so I had to see this movie in theaters and even though I didn't get the adult humor when I was 7, I got a couple of the jokes when I was 11 and now I know more of the adult jokes. Do not let young kids watch this.
Kid, 11 years old October 16, 2011

Loud, stupid, not for kids.

This movie is the absolute one of the worst ones I've ever seen. I mean, an AD FOR UNIVERSAL STUDIOS! Come on!
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2011

Ok But Swaring Bad

Its ok but does contain swar words such as Bloody,Piss and cat says about a mummy and daddy cat having sex so ill give it 11 and up
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2011

5+ no WAY!

I used to love this movie but just the other day I watched it with my 8 year old bro and I noticed there was quite a bit of dirty jokes... it would fly over most little kids heads (and by little kids I mean anyone under 9) but there still inappropriate... for example with a garden hoe in his hand he says "dirty hoe!" and there is some other sexual and rude jokes... Common Sense Media definitely didn't watch the movie carefully enough since they rated it 5+. This is a hard PG and I think it should be rated PG- 13! It's also really cheap and badly made... DO NOT waste your time!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bylucy11110 April 26, 2014

Unfunny and Confusing

As a girl who is now 14, I was curious of what I would think of the movie now in comparison to what I though when I was younger (Aprrox. 5). Lets start when I was younger. To begin with I thought that it was purely terrifying, everything about it. Then I got a little older (7-9 yrs) and it was just confusing, often making references to pop culture that I didn't understand. Now I watch it and I am just utterly....speechless. I now understand the pop culture jokes, but they aren't funny. None of it is funny. The film has no target audience. It's not easy enough to understand for the kids who would be learning to read the book but it's simply not funny or entertaining. The reason I watched the whole movie was because I wanted to see how bad it could become. Very bad apparently.
Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2014

I have one word for this movie: IFFFYYYY

The Cat In The Hat contains- Violence = Many silly comical fights and self-harm. 2/10 Language = The word 'balls,' 'f**k' and 'son of a bi**' is heard, but not complete. The word h** is said, and so it sh*t. VERY EXPLICIT FOR A KIDS FILM. 8/10 for language because IT IS A KIDS MOVIE. Sex = Many references to sex in general. References to chopping 'balls' of people. Also, the cat describes how babies are born, but then he is cut off. The cat gets an erection by seeing a hot lady. You see the cat's bottom at one point. Quite iffy for a kid's movie. 8/10 for sex. Drinking, Drugs & Smoking- The cat gets a high on a 'magic substance that kids shouldn't use.' Brief references to snorting cocaine. 5/10 for drinking. Overall = 23/40. I would have rated the cat in the hat PG-13 for moderate crude humour, sex references & language.
Kid, 8 years old March 3, 2013

Few language, Double entendres, and young smoker references

SEXY STUFF: Cat's pretend bottom is seen, he says "Dirty h*," to a... hoe. He says "A babysitter?! That sits on babies?! That's disgusting!", which could be disturbing for some. LANGUAGE: He**, He**, two "Son of a...": Lawrence: "Son of a.... WONDERFUL WOMAN!" Cat: Son of a b- (a sign says "HANG IN THERE, BABY") Cat also says to... Cat: "Anything?" "Yes, anything." "Anything?" "Anything!" "Anything?" "Look! I'm gonna get you, and its gonna' look that a bl**dy accident!" CONSUMERISM: Based on a best-selling book, "The Cat in the Hat, by Dr. Seuss", failing miserably. SMOKING: About three references to Sally and cigars: (only two I remember) "Can you make me some rules?" "No chewing tobbaco!" "You're just right! Cromwell, you need to stop being so naughty, and Sally, you're still smoking too many cigars." Its almost FULL of double entendres, but they will fly over peep's heads! From my family's rude humor, I get them. But your children will not. I would say a "12" rating from BBFC, "PG" rating from MPAA, and so on. Not for young children, sensitive children, or children who like the olden days, where you can't say "bl**dy" on children's films.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBieberFreakinFever December 21, 2011

Rude and Crude

I like this movie. But i was surprised by how inapropreate it was. There are somevery brief sexual refrences, drinking, cartoonish violence/peril, and i can't believe they actually said the words "Dirty-Hoe" in this movie. I overall found this movie funny and entertaing, but very inapropreate for young viewers. This movie is fun, but rude and crude. There's no doubt about that.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymadison bogdan March 26, 2011

e.g. Perfect for younger kids but on teens

I enjoyed the movie but is more for younger kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrockrgrl637 February 6, 2011

Also underrated

First off, I thought it was pretty darn funny. There ARE lots of sexual innuendos, but 8 year olds won't get that stuff, anyway. Otherwise, it's very entertaining and 'punny' and, I think, a movie worth seeing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byletadreon November 27, 2010
love it if i can watch t
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

awful

this is officially the worst movie i've ever seen. Don't waste your money on this. Instead watch any other movie.