Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F'

Dragon Ball tale is mostly battle scenes; for fans only.

Parent of a 5, 6, 10, and 15 year old Written byVidel C. June 11, 2017

10 and up

I let my 10 year old daughter watch dragon ball z ressurection f. All it really had was violence so if your kid can handle violence then it's probably ok. But I didn't watch the full thing with her so I don't know if there was any swearing.

Adult Written byOliviaReviewsIt June 2, 2016

'Quite the Epic Battle', I must say...

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' is the best Dragon Ball Z movie to date. One of Goku's original foes, the galactic tyrant Frieza, returns for vengeance on the Saiyans, summoned back to life with the dragon balls by his lackey Commander Sorbet. The cast of Z-Fighters return to take on Frieza's forces, and Goku and Frieza go all out in their new forms, Super Saiyan God Goku and Golden Frieza. Fans of the Frieza saga will not be disappointed with this one. The fights are full of action, and the graphics are amazing. That being said, this movie is pretty much for the fans like CSM states. If you haven't seen the Frieza saga, you're likely to either be lost, or not really appreciate this movie. I rate this for ages 14 and up. There is a LOT of fighting-the whole movie is basically fighting, which is typical for Dragon Ball Z. Lots of loud, fierce punches and yells. Mild blood-not as much as the anime series itself. *Spoiler* Goku is tortured by Frieza, as he says "get up, torturing you is only fun when I hear you screaming". Goku is shot and coughs up blood (one of the few instances of blood in this movie surprisingly). Language is fairly mild: "what the hell", "damn it", "bastard", typical of uncut DBZ episodes. No sexual content or drinking/drugs/etc. whatsoever. I think CSM's rating of this for Ages 11+ is pretty generous....I wouldn't let my eleven year old watch it. But hardcore fans will enjoy it. It's one of the best movies Funimation has produced in years-or maybe ever.

Adult Written bymike-numbers August 19, 2015