Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Dragonheart

A kid-friendly fantasy adventure.

Parent of a 1, 7, 9, and 11 year old Written byhuttonfamily6 July 21, 2009

Great movie for whole family to watch

We all as a family ejoyed this movie, and my son was able to understand the positive messages, while my daughters enjoyed the magic and fun.

Adult Written byUgzilla September 21, 2018

Decent show, clean by modern standards, who doesn't love Sean Connery?

Overall good show. Violent, but very little blood, compared to current (2018) movies. A bit dated, my kid will probably mock some of it. Obnoxious acting in some spots, not the best movie you'll see, but I have a pre-teen boy who is desperate to find new movies, so I'm recycling some of the older ones, and I want him to have less time with superheroes flying around and more time with dragons and swords. Here's hoping this will inspire more D&D in our lives =) Some thoughts [SPOILER ALERT - mild spoilers here, sorry if I ruin a 1996 film for you 22 years later] One scene the king is fighting with a young woman, and ends up on top of her in a suggestive position, fully clothed. Not bad, but I wish it wasn't included. (45 minutes into the film) One scene where a man kills his own mother off-screen. Not overly dramatic, the movie makes it seem like no big deal… but be aware, it's pretty dark if kids figure out what is implied. Men depicted dying in hand-to-hand combat, not overly graphic, but some up close and personal. Worth being aware. For context, I'm VERY conservative when it comes to movies for my kids (currently 12 and under), so take that into account if you're using my review to make a decision. I allow very little suggestive content, I believe modern entertainment does young men a huge disservice. Most parents would probably roll their eyes at my opinions on movies… and I'm cool with that. Now you know so you can make an informed decision for your youngsters. Take good care, the information you allow into their brain at a young age will shape their thinking for decades to come.
Adult Written byNikon117 July 29, 2009
It is a very good movie for the age of it. i got it for my 9th b day. im 22 and i still love it. it is well made kinda violent. dont even bother seeing the second one. its so bad. they made up a terrible story and added ninjas even though ninjas are awesome this movie is

Adult Written bywestburytf April 9, 2008

Cool Movie

This movie is awesome! It has tons of action and excitement. There are some violent scenes in the movie so I advise parents to be very careful.
Adult Written byMommyofOne1231 November 27, 2018

Bad acting fine story

The story is ok. Terrible acting and the story isn’t great. Fine for kids EXCEPT I’m not ok with CS saying there’s no sex, etc. In one scene the king is in the middle of raping a woman when the scene starts she has just stabbed him. He throws her on the bed and says he’ll give her the kingdom if she teaches him to love. Then he forces a kiss on her. They are wearing long night shirts but her shirt is very open at the top exposing some chest area. Not really a “0 sex, etc” scene. Come on.