All parent member reviews for Drive

Adult Written byAnonymous82 September 18, 2011

Pointless Nudity

What is the point of the long topless scene? I do not understand why there is pointless nudity in so many movies today...
Adult Written bymasterofthemovies September 30, 2011

incredible film. incredible gore

i really forgot about the film being R rated till about 20 minutes in. With many moments of graphic gore, it will turn away some but was amazingly well made.
Adult Written bypvtplatypus November 13, 2011

Drive

This is my favorite movie of 2011. I'm honestly surprised that so many people are put off by the short scene of nudity. Just breasts. There isn't ridiculous sex scenes or overly sexual dialogue. The violence however, is very shocking and brutal. There isn't as much language as most other R rated movies. There is some, but it's not at the level as some of the comedies out there. The cinematography was amazing and the acting was outstanding. Please check it out, it's worth buying.
Adult Written bykatie82 October 24, 2011

Nudity pointless as usual, typical reflection of the misogynistic attitudes in cinema.

Like most movies in today's media, pointless sexist nudity scenes portraying silicone women, no need for it, just thrown in there for the men as usual, making it off putting for female viewers, and inappropriate for kids unless 18 and above.
Adult Written byD4D May 17, 2012

Amazing and unique movie

In a nutshell, this is by far the most unique film I've ever seen. It steers away from all the hollywood cliches and really is a different experience. It's now one of my favourite movies and part of the reason why I enjoyed it so much is because I had no idea what it would be about, which really contributed to the "surprise" factor. I'm just going to go over the "warnings" while trying not to spoil anything as much as possible (I know that a review for these info are already provided on the front page, but I find many of them too strict & I'm basing this on a 14+ age group): POSITIVE MESSAGES: without giving too much away, the easiest message many people can get away from this film is to stay away from crime POSITIVE ROLE MODEL: like the rest of the movie, this film doesn't really have any "stock" characters and nobody is completely good or bad. This movie really shows the two sides of people and some characters do possess "positive" traits. VIOLENCE: Brief but very graphic and shocking violence. There are some really gruesome scenes that you don't see in many movies. However, this movie doesn't glorify violence or use it in a comedic way. SEX: a brief (and non sexual) nudity scene of a couple of topless women in thongs showing bare breasts and buttocks LANGUAGE: Constant swearing with f-ck being the worst (and most frequently used). Some racial slurs/sexual innuendos CONSUMERISM: didn't really notice any. Occassional well known companies are shown (in a very unobvious manner). DRINKING/DRUGS/SMOKING: occassional drinking & smoking While I think teens around 14 can watch this film, I recommend older teens to watch this as they're more likely to appreciate (and understand) the story and uniqueness of the film more. Though none of the characters are really "good", you may actually find yourself caring about them or at least understanding their views. The movie is slow paced at first but has a huge turn somewhere in the middle. For those who want a break from your typical hollywood movie, this one is for you.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez February 8, 2012

17 and up.

Drive is an average drama movie stars with Ryan gosling from the notebook and this movie is only for adults but parents this movie drive has a lot of intense violence and gore shown women are shown partial nudity in a night club and there are lots of constant strong language used and some drinking and smoking used.
Parent Written bytrishacooper December 27, 2013

Amazing movie with stunning cinematography

The movie explores the definition of a hero and how events can change a person. The main character, a driver with no name gets himself into trouble trying to keep a family together. He starts to see himself with a heroistic persona, but when his crime goes wrong this persona disappears. This film has gorgeous cinematography. The plot may seem slow but it is truly filled with symbolism and more facial acting rather than vocal. I recommended this to anyone who enjoys movies for good plots and character development. This is not a movie for someone with a faint heart or someone who is looking for a action packed film with mush for a plot
Educator and Parent Written bytommielee November 6, 2012

pure art!

A fantastic film of about a detached man who does not interact with humanity until he meets his next door neighbor and slowly starts to open up. this film is incredibly stylish and cool, not something typically seen in popular movies these days. a few quick points about this movie, although few, the violent scenes in this movie are brutally shocking (an example would be a man is stamped to death in a lift until his head caves in) and their is one short topless scene (the point of the scene although is nothing to do with sexism) also this is a modern take on the popular tale of the frog and the scorpion (the main character being the frog) but instead is taking away the scorpions to protect good people which may be seen as a noble message but he does seem to take it to the extremes! not for young kids! maybe watch it yourself first
Parent Written byKaren4 April 28, 2012

WAY too violent

The violence in this movie is WAY over the top. Kids should NOT see this movie -- although the acting was good, the violence is horrible. Do yourself a favor and watch a feel-good movie instead.