Kid reviews for Dumbo

Visually impressive remake is sweet but sometimes dark.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySlytherin Queen April 23, 2019

good remake, dark and a little boring at times

Dumbo is a great movie for the family, however there are times when it gets dark and scary. There are also lots of very sad moments and lots of mentions of death. There are some times when it feels very long and repetitive as well. Overall, this is a good movie for more mature kids as it does include death and some fantasy violence

Teen, 17 years old Written byWe are Us April 5, 2019

Dumbo a classical treasure

It was awesome, the graphics where amazing the story even better I recommend watching it with all your family

Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2019

can be dark

This movie was disappointing. It was good, but the fire was a bit too much. It does end pretty happy. It really should have been for ages 12+. If a kid was 6, 7 or 8 it might get boring. It is scary but does have a good message.

Kid, 10 years old February 25, 2020

Almost perfect

Not as sad as other reviews say but still quite dark.
The sad part is when he got taken away from his mother. Watch In HD it’s worth it too.
Just watch it!

Teen, 14 years old Written byDogcat December 13, 2019

They messed up a true classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the original movie but we went to the movie theater on Sunday it opened and I liked it but they ruined it by putting kids and a WW1 veteran in this. Like what?????!!!!! That ruined it right off the bat for me!!!! I give this three stars because the movie doesn’t disappoint and to be honest I would probably watch this agin. Way to go Tim Burton for ruining a strait up classic.

Teen, 13 years old Written byestejoc December 7, 2019
All family members liked it. Language was a lot.

Kid, 9 years old October 6, 2019

Brilliant!

I never had a favourite animal, but when I saw Dumbo I changed my mind, my favourite animal is an elephant. This film is great! I love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDePurpleMonkey September 7, 2019
Dumbo is probably the worst of the Disney remakes. Dumbo is not fun whatsoever, it really only has one good song. Plus, it seems like no one behind the scenes is having a good time making it.

Kid, 11 years old September 1, 2019

It was more like 2 1/2, I still thought it was fine.

It's kind of dark but I liked it. It's not exactly a funny movie but the storyline is interesting in my opinion.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLazy111 August 19, 2019

One of the worst Disney films.

When you go into this movie you need to know that the movie is very sad. Honestly if I had to compare how funny it was to the violence level violence wins by so much. The movie wasn’t even to violent either. You could tell the movie didn’t have much thought put into it either. It wasn’t much like the original one either. It was mostly about two kids who miss their mom. If you thinking about watching this movie don’t bother. Just watch the classic.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykshe3574 August 2, 2019

Decent

It’s not an overly violent or dark movie as some other reviews make it out to be. There are some dark themes such as losing a parent and subtle animal abuse. I watched this movie with my younger siblings aged 5,7 and 9 and none of them were at all scared watching this movie. The movie itself was okay, not the best but it was somewhat enjoyable. As long as your kids aren’t sensitive, they should be completely fine.
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2019

horrible borring

horrible do not watch

Teen, 14 years old Written bymatthewm_06 July 26, 2019

Dumbo Review

Despite what critics might say, Dumbo is a visually stunning fun, well acted, and well directed movie. Never found myself bored at all.
Kid, 12 years old July 2, 2019

sad and good

it was boring sometimes but it was good
Teen, 14 years old Written byMoviefanatic040 June 23, 2019

Traumatizing but very good.

I don’t know what other viewers are talking about. I loved this film. There were only 2 very sad scenes. And they are traumatizing. But the rest is fun and cute. If you and your kids can handle a little sadness, the payoff is a very happy ending.
Kid, 8 years old June 9, 2019

I think it's good for kids who are 6 years old.

Teen, 16 years old Written byyoongified May 1, 2019

Disappointed, but that’s just me...

Being a huge Disney buff, I was looking forward to the Dumbo remake from the moment I found out that it was in production. The original 1941 Dumbo was never one of my favorite Disney movies as a child as it would always scare me, but I began to warm up to it as I got older.
After watching the remake, I started to appreciate the original movie a lot more.
Disney’s recent remakes/sequels of their classic films (most notably Mary Poppins Returns) have failed to impress me, but that might just be due to me getting older. The acting was honestly quite bleak (besides Danny DeVito——God, I love that man) and it was hard for me to stay interested in whatever was happening on screen. I didn’t cry (which is extremely rare for me). Nothing too, disturbing or violent—depends on the child, of course.
Overall, personally disappointed, though children are sure to enjoy it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYoav.kamma April 30, 2019

Don’t bother

That sounds like a great movie but when you watch it you realize that one of Disney worst movies.
But great actors such as Eva green, Dani de vito and of course Michel kiton.

Kid, 12 years old April 17, 2019

BORING

i never liked the original dumbo, and this one is the same. i was so bored out of my mind by this movie, i could not wait till i could leave the cinema. the only thing i liked about this movie is dumbo because he is cute and adorable. but unfortunately, thats all i thought was good about it. the side characters i thought were boring, and i feel like the movie focused to much on them. i feel like the movie dosent even really focus on dumbo but rather the other characters. i also feel like the movie was just inserting these boring random characters in that i had no interest in. bad movie that i didn't like. only good thing is dumbo and how cute he is.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNadia Cloud April 13, 2019

Enjoyable remake!

If you liked the original Dumbo, this is a great remake for you. It is entertaining and light-hearted for a Tim Burton film. I recommend this for ages 7 and up because it can be slightly frightening at times. Great film!