Kid reviews for Dune

Lots of fighting in vivid but long sci-fi adaptation.

Teen, 15 years old Written byApersonwithanopinion October 24, 2021

Cool but confusing

So I just finished dune and I have a few things to say.
1. The movie looks really cool but it was hard to grasp exactly what was going on
2. I feel like people who read the book before watching the movie probably would understand it better
3. The fight scenes were really cool as well as the CGI.
4. The trailers for the movie heavily feature Chani ( Zendays character) but even though she’s important to film she’s rarely seen.
5. Hot take mostly everyone had boring names.
Long review short I recommend watching this movie with captions if you have the ability to do so.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytimmyterp November 13, 2021

Visually Stunning Movie, Full of Action

Dune is a visually stunning movie, full of action and surprise turns. (This will be a favorite for anyone, especially Star Wars fans!)

Foul language is kept to a minimum; however, the film does feature some death, fire, and minor violence. The "PG-13" reading is probably fitting for the movie, but is suitable to any mature children.

Teen, 17 years old Written bygamergrl13 October 22, 2021

Thought this movie was going to be good. Ended up disappointed.

So I didn’t exactly want to watch this movie, but I had to anyway. I thought I was going to like it, especially given the amount of positive reviews, but I didn’t like it. It was very boring, slow-paced, and sleep-inducing. I actually was impatiently waiting for it to end while in the theater, and it felt longer than 2 1/2 hours. This movie does not have a story. It was just a bunch of random, incoherent events following one another. I was not emotionally invested in its universe, and I didn’t really care for the characters except for a few.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBookworm1818 October 31, 2021

Intriguing

I thought it was a great movie. However, it did feel a bit slow.

Teen, 17 years old Written byMarvel Movie Reviews October 22, 2021

Visually stunning epic is a masterpiece!

This visually stunning film based on Frank Herbert's 1965 novel is epic and enthralling, but also intense and violent with massive destruction and fight scenes but not a whole lot of blood (there is blood though). The movie is also very long but is entertaining enough to keep you completely engaged!
The language is tame for a PG-13 movie but includes s***, ass, damn and hell. With an all star cast, great story telling and characters, stunning effects and action this movie is perfec for teens 13+

I hope you enjoy this movie as much as I did.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCrxlm1001101 December 3, 2021

Incredibly boring

Its visuals are amazing but the entire film was just talking and i was bored out of my mind
Teen, 14 years old Written byCool Kidz. November 23, 2021

Good movie but disappointing. It was missing something to make you hold on.

Hmm... How do I express myself?
So at first I liked it but then I reflected and...This movie was good but it was missing a story, it was missing the climax, it was missing something. It still has potential. I enjoyed it and the cinematography as well as the music was great! The actors were all very well known. I liked the characters too, it's just the movie didn't connect dots. I left the movie theater liking certain parts of it but being overall disappointed. Some scenes were just too long or slow-paced. I would like to watch the second one though and trust the process, but this movie felt incomplete and didn't have something to spice it up for the audience. Somethings weren't very necessary and didn't add up, like why would they use knives when they already have such high technology? Or why was Zendaya featured only seven minutes but in every interview? And no, folks, Dune is not trying to copy Star Wars. In fact, George Lucas was inspired by the book Dune when he came up with Star Wars. It was ok.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGusAllen9 October 23, 2021

Star Wars Meets Lord of the Rings!

Teen, 14 years old Written byLikeyacutg7 January 16, 2022

Overrated, overlong, talky garbage isn't an action movie.

My personal MPAA rating:
PG-13

VIOLENCE - 4/10
Hardly ANY violence, even though it's an action film. The most violent it can get is knife fights with hardly any bloodshed. One scene does have a city being destroyed, but THAT IS IT. It's far too talky.

LANGUAGE - 3/10
Hardly any of that, too. Only "damn"'s here and there.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPeace_love_joy January 15, 2022

Excellant movie and videography!

I LOVED this movie. Every scene can be screenshotted and turned into a painting, honestly. The videography is amazing. I haven't read the books, making it slightly difficult for me to understand the plot, but I got it by the end of the movie, so it doesn't really matter. A great watch!

P.S Every character is HOT. Like really hot. I would watch it again just for eye-candy.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMAVERICKnight January 13, 2022
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2022

Pretty Good Movie But Too much Blood

It’s A good Movie But Too much Blood This is a good movie You should Be 14 years old Due to Blood and violence Kids Do Not Watch dune until You are 14

Teen, 13 years old Written byThatzeldaguy December 27, 2021

Best sci-fi movie in the last decade

Fantastical done movie that is a great adaptation of the 1965 book, great fight scenes, fantastic sound track, and well written and acted characters, all wrapped up with a tight and gripping story that takes a lot of the long boring politics of the book, and perfectly adapts them into the perfect movie form.

Teen, 16 years old Written bylemonelderflower December 27, 2021

Actually Good Filming...For Once

Exceptional movie for 2021 and no political involvement, it stayed true to their world. Little to no violence and the only sexual thing was the mother was a concubine.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySarlac07 December 24, 2021
It was so boring i feel asleep in the cinema
Teen, 13 years old Written byAmongMyJury December 23, 2021

Great remake

This is a well done film and worth a watch. It is epic and filled with good ambience and landscapes. I would definitely recommend on watching it. The music is good and the plot is driving. It is very long, though, and there are countless "looks over shoulders" by this person but otherwise not bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEva Scherer December 16, 2021

Great Movie!

It was a really good film. There wasn't really much sexual content besides Paul dreaming about kissing Chani, although Duke Leto is sort of suspended naked at this table while he's paralyzed, but it doesn't show anything. I'd say kids under 10 shouldn't watch it though. It's the violence that would disturb them. But it was definitely worth watching, and I'd watch it again.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrosie_grace December 6, 2021

Amazing!!!

I watched Dune in the theater with my friend having no knowledge of the film. I was BLOWN AWAY! If your child has watched Marvel/Star Wars they should be able to watch this. I am taking my 9 year old brother (I explained to him the movie and he REALLY wanted to see it. And he had already watched Star Wars and Marvel) and dad to see it in the theater. HIGHLY recommend!

Teen, 17 years old Written byIamgoodatrating... December 6, 2021

NAURR

This cast was BOMB yall got zendaya and everything but THIS MOVIE WAS SO DRY. Plot didn’t start until the end. Booooooooooo Booooo
Teen, 14 years old Written byuwu_rock December 5, 2021

Meh

As someone who hasn’t read the Dune books and didn’t know anything about it, I was honestly confused. It had a great cinematic feel, but it was quite bleak. At an hour I was waiting for the movie to end. There was next to no calm or humorous moments, and character arcs were pretty nonexistent in supporting roles. The plot was a little hard to follow and a lot of times there was lots of build up to nothing. Also, there was this continuous dramatic, sometimes operatic music which was kind of an overkill. I was also disappointed how little Zendaya was featured in it.