Kid reviews for Earth

Dazzling wildlife docu has a few intense moments.

Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2020

A great documentury

I watched this movie during school, and it was great. It had action, humor, and cute baby animals. All things I love.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 June 16, 2013

amazing nature docu is hard to follow

this mesmerizing documentary about our planet has some great camera use, but jumps around the world too much, so it is hard to keep track of where the viewers are. the film is very mild. we see predators kill their prey but nothing bloody is shown. an animal dies of starvation, which is very sad.

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 15, 2012

Just OK.

I didn't really like watching it, because I have seen almost all of the Planet Earth shows and that's all it was. All the clips where taken right out of the series. Really? Can't Disney do better than that?

Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 28, 2011

Check out my page for other great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymasonlackey January 15, 2011

great movie especially for animal lovers

this movie really helps people understand the beauty of our earth and why we need to preserve it this is what we should teach our kids!

Kid, 10 years old September 17, 2010

Really Good Movie

iffy for ages 6-7? that's just plain silly!
Teen, 16 years old Written byEPILOGUE June 10, 2010

Definite eye candy...gorgeous scenes.

It really was an amazing movie to see if you hadn't seen Planet Earth, which all of the scenes were plucked from. The narrator was lovely - he had a very kind voice you wanted to listen to. Over all, if you haven't seen the clips in Planet Earth, this movie is well worth watching.

Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2010

MUST FOR ANIMAL LOVERS

Love this movie but very sad. On the way home, I cried because the elephant and polar bear died. Very sad but still a great movie.

Kid, 9 years old October 26, 2009

pretty good, but kinda depressing

The movie was great, but it can be saddening. 2 cubs die, 1 father polar bear dies, and more, but it is pretty educational and that is just how it actully happened so don't blame the movie directors

Kid, 11 years old October 25, 2009

This movie depressed me for days.

Ok, last year, my fourth grade class went on a field trip to watch this movie. It was awful. I hate it. Violence is present, and hurting, killing, injuring, pain, and all of the other things that our eyes want to start to water when we watch it are highlighted in this movie. It's depressing and saddening. A learning expierence is to scare and make you depressed? No, and that is why I highlighted nothing under "any highlights?" Positive message? More like negative message: It's a dog-eat-dog world. What?! Is that a message? Yeah, it's a cruel world, and we already know that, but, gosh, do we REALLY want to watch a whole 90 minutes about the cruelty of animals? Enemies and hate? Hurting, pain, and DEATH? Really, think about it for a moment. Awful movie. I regret ever watching this.

Teen, 14 years old Written byzackaback September 13, 2009
Not So Great

Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2009

It's sad, but it's life!

My school went to see it for a feild trip. I don't hate it cause it's life. Little kids might be upset cause lots of animals died in this movie. I couldn't help to cry when the polar bear died.

Teen, 14 years old Written byeastside01 May 30, 2009

Earth may pull at heartstrings

Earth is the first outing for the disney nature series it is very impressive but may pull on the heartstrings of most viewers expecially younger viewers but other than that dazzling.
Kid, 8 years old May 3, 2009

Cruel Movie about Death

I am 10 years old. The film makers had the nerv to film a starving father polar bear.The bear was stranded in the water miles from shore and when it finally found land (far away from its home land antartica) filled with walruses, the starving bear tried to get food but was too exhausted from its long swim and could not get any food. When it died they put the death in slow motion.Why? When the guys in the helicopter filmed the starving polar bear that was completly suffering how could thay watch it die without helping? The movie for me was about death and human insensitivity in the face of animal suffering.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLord of Sushi May 1, 2009

A very educational film for all!

I just saw this movie today, and it's great! Social Message: Not an issue. Consumerism: Uses some footage from Planet Earth. Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco: Not an issue. Violence: Animal violence, but no blood or gore. Sex: Not an issue. Language: Suprisingly, there's bleeped-out profanity in the credits. When I heard the bleep, I was like "WTH?", but I laughed, because it was very unexpected. Overall, this is a great movie for all ages to enjoy for generations. After you see this, purchase "Planet Earth", the series where this originated from.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 April 23, 2009

Looks like a fantastic movie!

I haven't seen this movie, but I have seen MANY commercials for this, and it looks FANTASTIC. My brother is going to see this with his science class. I'm assuming, since it's about nature and animals, that there will be MUCH violence like killing of animals and all that. Movies like these are beautiful, but hard to watch.