Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Eastern Promises

Compelling but brutal mafia film for adults only.

Adult Written bycallofduty5 September 27, 2010

Adults only!

Ive never been a fan of David Cronenberg. But as for this i bought for DVD cause iam a fan of viggo and naomi. Overall an excellent film: good twists, violence is graphic enough to gain an "R" rating. Profanity and sexual stuff are graphic. This movie is suitable for people aged 16 and up its very dark and totally not for kids. Consider talking to your kids before you buy this

Parent Written byMyMoustache February 2, 2013

Eastern Promises

This film is one of my favourites. Despite the violence, the adult scenes, the bad language and the general theme of the film i don't see a problem with it for mature teens because it is not a 'scary' film.The story can be difficult to follow and there are very few subtitles even when English is not being spoken. The film has a positive message and don't glamourise any of the bad characters at all. I would definitely recommend it.
Adult Written byuytt2 December 10, 2009

good but graphic sex scenes

this movie was a great example of how you make a mob movie but did they really have to show those rape scenes

Adult Written bycodenamesapphire April 9, 2008

An end to yuppie/hipster tattoos.

A near-great film and one that will hopefully shame trendy tattoo-wearers into burning them off. In the Russian underworld tattoos actually MEAN SOMETHING.