Kid reviews for Eight Below

Inspiring story about brave sled dogs.

Teen, 16 years old Written bychicanfrance April 9, 2008

I Cried!

This was an amazing movie, it was so sad. There were a lot of tearjerker parts in this movie. I think that this movie should have been rated G.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

I LOVE THIS MOVIE

I saw this movie last night with my best friend.We both cried when two dogs died.we both have dogs,(i have a shetland sheepdog, and she has a labradoodle)so it was really sad for us.We we're both suprised when the seal popped out of the whale.I would see this movie one million times.If you havn't seen it SEE IT!!!!!!I give it two thumbs up!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEragonopotter June 9, 2011

Very good movie!

know your child because there is scary moments. My brothers watched the movie with me and it thy are both 6. One of them was not even scared, but the other cried and ran away at the moment where the leopard seal suddenly attacked

Kid, 12 years old June 18, 2016

SO SAD!!!

This is horrible! I saw it when I was in 5th grade at a school assembly, and I was crying for more than half the day after that.
Kid, 10 years old February 17, 2013

8 below

I think that the movie was so so. I had to pause it because 2 dogs died ( I hate when animals die ) But other than that is was a great movie! It teaches a lesson to stick together when things are hard.

Educational Value
Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2014

Brilliant movie, consider children though...

I have found that all the children under 9 that I know that have watched this found it quite a scary and emotional movie (not horror scary or anything). There is a scene where a leopard seal (looks like a leopard seal, anyway) jumps out of (or behind?) of a whale carcass, scaring the dogs. It attacks a dog. Another time, a dog emotionally dies in cold weather, while his friends leave him. The dogs escape from chains, but being too weak, the dying dog goes to sleep on the ice, but later dies. Another dog dies after falling off embankment. Both emotional and potentially frightening deaths. A man gets frostbite and black fingers, another is cold and falls into freezing antarctic water, through ice. He survives, shows no injury but is taken to hospital. Otherwise suitable for children, but still maybe watch it first to check how you think it will be, as children differ in needs...

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus July 16, 2012

Really good!

Not so great for young kids due to scary situations and peril. Also some language. It is a cute (and actually very good) family movie though. I'd say four and a half out of five stars.

Kid, 10 years old August 4, 2011

Eight Below

I really enjoy this movie. I remember the first time I watched it though the leopard seal FREAKED ME OUT! It just JUMPS out at ANY second when you're not expecting it! But a great movie! :)

Educational Value
Teen, 14 years old Written byht3696 February 7, 2011

love it

gooood movie!!! one use of (H)

Teen, 15 years old Written byJoey123 August 21, 2009

Good movie for ALL ages!

VERY clean moveie. No sexual content and the only language is one h--l. The only reason it may bother someone is that some animals die.(not shown)

A heart touching movie

The whole entire movie I was crying. It was so sad seeing some of the dogs dying.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDerrickRose1 June 30, 2010

My Favorite Movie

The best movie i have ever seen dont listen to common sense it is not at all violent 100 times more inspiring than violent if u have a pet u just think if this happened to your dogs and u got them back

Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bypurplecatroo April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Surprisingly Good

I enjoyed Eight Below alot more than I thought I would, it was an interesting and cool movie. Not quite as cute as I expected, either, the leopard seal attack was very intense for a PG rated movie. Good for kids: 9+
Teen, 14 years old Written bypotato April 9, 2008

SAD!!!

OK i saw the movie it is soooo sad im a guy so if I say its sad its SAD!!And it IS!!Especially if your an animal person.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCandy Girl 101 April 9, 2008

I CRIED

IT WAS A VERY GOOD MOVIE AND WE HAVE A DOG THAT IS A HUSKIE AND JUST DIED .
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008