Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez April 7, 2011

A little iffy for kids, more safe for mature tweens

My entire family loves this movie! It's pretty edgy though. I'd say it's for tweens that are pretty mature. It's weird though... This has more language and alchol use then Regular show yet it's rated on for 7+. That's just unfair.
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2010

Hillarious Christmas movie!

When I saw Elf the first time I laughed so hard I almost cried! It's so funny to watch every year at Christmastime. If you haven't seen it, you are misssing out on so much! It has very positive messages in it like how to spread the true meaning of Christmas. Great for kids!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp March 3, 2011
Suggested MPAA Rating: PG for some rude humor and language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPuppyluv13 November 29, 2009

Terrific! Best Christmas movie EVER!

Overall a good movie, but in one scene a character gets drunk, the language is pretty tame, In one scene, a Coca Cola is shown but other than that no consumerism. Like I said, Overall, A GREAT family film for ALL ages
Kid, 11 years old August 27, 2013

great movie

this is a great film and i think it is fine for everyone.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygloriacrystal December 22, 2013

Okay

Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2014
One of the best Christmas movies ever. Will Ferrell was hilarious as Buddy and the others were great in their roles. A sweet, funny and charming film.
Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2014

I love it!

It's great for all ages! Concepts held in a family friendly way that will please mature audiences, acting in a hilarious manner, for example, elf referring obliviously to a small person as an "elf"not really inappropriate!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySadieDaisy138 November 30, 2013

Excellent Movie for the Whole Family

This is an excellent film for all ages for the entire family. Buddy is a funny, creative, cheerful role model that sets a positive example for kids. There is a small amount of violence like a man flipping Buddy on a table but he isn't hurt. Buddy is also hit by a taxi but again unhurt. There is a quick kiss between Buddy and his coworker. There is wine at dinner only consumed by the adults, and also Buddy drinks out of a flask with a friend and gets drunk but only dances on a table. It is a very good movie and I watch it with my family at least five times every Christmas!
Kid, 10 years old November 16, 2013

awful

I love Will Ferrell but I really hate this movie it's annoying
Kid, 12 years old October 16, 2013

Funniest Film Ever!

Elf is the best comedy film I have ever watched and is packed full of 'Laugh Out Loud' moments! Elf contains moderate racism towards Dwarfs (Dwarfism). Elf also claims the disbelief of Santa Claus which some under aged viewers may be disappointed with and it might spoil your Christmas magic. Great family film if your children or child is over the age of ten years old. Very funny and your child will have this as their seasonal fave film!
Kid, 10 years old August 19, 2013

Super Funny

This is super funny in 3ed grade I brought and the whole class loved it even is it a Christmas movie sometimes I watch it in the summer or spring I like the part when Micheal says how are we supposed to get the star on the tree and Buddy says I will get it and then he jumps on the Christmas tree this will make you laugh so hard.
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2013

okay

it is really all right! should do better!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston June 17, 2013

I love this film.

Elf is an awesome classic. It is another reason why I love Christmas. Christmas is my favorite holiday. Because I love lots of Christmas movies and i'm always on the nice list. However, the TRUE meaning of Christmas is joy and the birth of God. Anyways, Elf is so funny. It is fun for the whole family and it totally gets 5 stars.
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2013

I loved this movie!

I 100 % loved this movie. the klutzy but loving character inspires kids never to give up on what you want and who you believe in. but is iffy for very young kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFlaming Pencil December 22, 2012

Creative and Fun

I think Elf is a fun, creative film that anyone could enjoy. Be very careful of product placements, however
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2010

Good

This movie is funny for all ages. I would rate it PG for crude humor and mild language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybooklover1 March 24, 2010
love it
Teen, 16 years old Written bybeccabooluvsyou March 16, 2010
Kid, 12 years old January 16, 2010

great movie

Love this movie! Aws!! TOTALLY got me in the christmas spirit. i think its fine for all ages. it uses "d*mn" and "h*ll" but whatever. one scene where a buddy listens to jodie singing in the shower, and there are references to being naked and sexy but o well. so funny!!