Kid reviews for Eli

Eli Poster Image

Plot twist

Eli is about a bubble boy who undergoes treatment at a facility and starts to unravel the dark secrets within. There are quite a few jump scares scenes and heavy ghost / satanic themes. There is quite a few gory scenes near the end but once you get to the ending the plot unravels and it is no longer scary. (Ending was slightly disappointing)

2 people found this helpful.

God tier movie

Really good scary movie great plot
1 person found this helpful.
Really good not that scary dissapointing end thoe

Good film with plenty of gore but not so good ending

The film was pretty scary throughout with quite a lot of jump scares and suspense. The reason I’m rating this 3 stars is because of the ending, it’s a real let down in my opinion. I won’t spoil it but I’m just gonna say it doesn’t really make much sense. Throughout the film there’s not that much swearing, they use the s word and the f word but only once. As for gore there’s quite a lot. There’s a few scenes of surgery including lots of injections and at one point drilling into the skull. The main character gets extreme rashes and has difficulty to breathe. People are lifted into the air and set on fire, a character gets stabbed and another characters face gets crushed, and in one scene you see rotting corpses. Not a bad film just a let down on the ending.

Fun Movie! Great Exploration of Toxic Parenting

Fun little film! I dont get spooked easy, but the stuff was fun and well executed. I think there was plenty of foreshadowing, there just wasnt enough attention brought to it. I wouldve loved to see the ending explored more! Eli is a very lovable character, in my opinion, and despite the twists and turns you cant help loving him! SPOILERS I think how they explored the lies and toxicity of the parents was very good as well. The Dad being stiff and unyeilding because Eli wasnt his son, and was more a nuisance was great, and the mother being loving but oversheltering was good as well.

I don't get the hate

Alr, this movie was amazing. Yet I had some violence, and yes I didn't like the ending twist either. But this is a great movie with pretty good acting! Ut had a good story, and some emotional parts. There is some gruesome images of dead children, some blood and a man's head exploded (in a graphical way). I watched this with my mom once, and she said it was a great movie but she's terrified by these types of horror movies. I recommend you to watch the movie. 9.5/10 (Some Swearing too)

I don’t recommend

I didn’t like this movie at all. It’s very confusing and the boy Eli is basically allergic to everything. Dust, air, grass etc etc… the end is kinda confusing and yeah it’s just not for me. Very gory and sad. I’m going to watch this in a few years maybe I’ll like it then- if you’re under 14 I wouldn’t watch unless you’re a massive horror/gore fan.

Amazing movie, scary

This movie included quite a bit of violence, but the story was incredible and it was so captivating! It was quite scary though, I wouldn’t recommend it for anyone under the age of 15.

Good premise, bad ending.

This movie had the potential to be good, but really disappointed. There was supposed to be the big twist ending, but it just seemed forced. I really don't have much to say about this. This movie feels like a fever dream. --Side note-- Sadie Sink's character wasn't needed at all. And at the end, her character really made the movie THAT much more cringy. I know that she's a good actor, and I was hoping for a better performance from her.