Kid reviews for Emma.

Emma. Poster Image

Absolutely Delightful!

Emma is a spectacular movie. Between the beautiful scenery, the lovely costumes, and the outstanding actors, it fails to disappoint. And though there is a scene with partial nudity, which is sorta unnecessary, its not even that bad and is extremely brief. People need to cool it with criticizing the whole entire movie for all of the 5 seconds where there are problems. If all your kids took away from this movie was that slightly unnecessary scene, than its probably not for them.

2 people found this helpful.

Please form your opinion before you look at strict parents’ review

Many people in the reviews are freaking out over a butt. I get that people will have an opinion but everyone has a butt. I love this movie and in my opinion people should stop worrying about something everyone has. It’s charming and sweet. If you are a fashion designer or someone interested in fashion you will LOVE this movie. If you are concerned about your kids watching this movie I would advise you to watch it first and form your own opinion about it, because parents can over exaggerate and make you concerned. Great movie!!

1 person found this helpful.
I loved this movie. Lots of other reviews will state that the nudity "distracted", "annoyed", and made them "uncomfortable". The nudity was in two scenes and was totally chaste. I really loved the book and I think the movie really was a close second. I think, though, that it IS more fun to read the book first-you have more of an appreciation for what happens.

1 person found this helpful.

One of my absolute favorites!

The acting and scenery is so beautiful, incredible storytelling especially for Jane Austen fans. May be considered too boring for some- but enjoyable all the way through. One non-sexual scene of a man's backside while he is getting dressed (but seriously everybody calm down, everyone's got a butt it doesn't ruin the movie). Amazing characters and great quirky comedic dialogue. Seen it over 10 times.

I’ve watched it 3 times

I feel awful that the brief flashes of backsides (at the very beginning and over very quickly) ruined this movie for some. I thoroughly enjoyed the book, and the movie did NOT disappoint. The nude scenes— though entirely unnecessary— are perfectly skippable. Don’t let it ruin the great acting, lovely costumes, drama, and humor of this Jane Austen masterpiece.

1 person found this helpful.

Romantic and also really funny

I love the setting and their outfits. It also capture jane austen's humor. I want to point out that there is nudity but not a lot (I think there's only one scene) and a kiss at the end.
1 person found this helpful.

Has amazing visuals and acting!

At first, I had low expectations for this movie, since it’s one of the many remakes of Jane Austen’s beloved novel (most of which were absolutely horrid). This story follows our protagonist, Emma, a wealthy and clever young girl who thinks a bit too highly of herself. She has her fun with matchmaking, and comes across a few too many quarrels with that hobby of hers. I first would like to point out the phenomenal acting in this movie! Anya-Taylor Joy, who plays Emma, is an outstanding actress! So is Johnny Flynn, who plays Mr. Knightly! The rest of the cast were equally as talented as the ones I mentioned! I also would like to point out the visuals/cinematography! The second this movie started, I was astonished my Emma’s beautiful pastel palette manor! The shots conveyed emotion and stunning visuals! In conclusion, I recommend this movie to every Jane Austen fan!

Nudity and not good

There is one scene where the prince is getting dressed and you see his butt for about 10 seconds

I would NOT watch this EVER again

This movie is a snore fest. It has some inappropriate scenes in the movie. It was so so boring. I watched this with my 10,11,13, and 14 year old sisters, and we all hated it. Again I say don't watch this movie.

WORST MOVIE EVER

Don't bother. If you enjoy watching boring, long, outdated movie full of 19 century dresses then this movie is for you! The bare backside scene ruined the entire movie. It was waaaaaay too long. Don't know what Autumn de Wilde was thinking.