Kid reviews for Encanto

Encanto Poster Image

Awesome Movie

Awesome movie! This is one of Disneys top hits. Catchy, good message, fun, plot twist, exciting, intriguing. I would recommend this to ANYBODY. I said 8+ because some younger kids may not fully understand.

4 people found this helpful.

How could this be good?

There's too much singing, the plot gets kinda worse in the middle, and more.
4 people found this helpful.

Movie Is fun to watch, and Other stuff

This has been one of my favorite movies ever since it came out! I think it give tons of good messages, especially in " all of you" and "surface pressure" Basically in so many songs. I've seen that most older people actually like it too, which is pretty suprising since its rated pg, Theres alot of vibrant colors, and It looks, and sounds cool. I think that People starting from 4 Could enjoy it, I have a younger brother and he's 5, He LOVES it! There's no inappropriate Stuff either, Full on 10/10 and Definitely Good for children

3 people found this helpful.

Amazing Movie!

The movie was just great. It shows us what intergenerational trauma is, and shows us other issues like pressure. It is a good lesson. Little kids may not like it as much though because there is no true villain.

3 people found this helpful.

Much like Coco, a masterpiece that is marked with 'exceptional'.

Encanto is filled to the brim with stunning animation, beautiful music, a fascinating storyline, and exceptional characters. Definitely a recommended movie.

Good positive movie :)

This movie really teaches you a lot! It focuses on mental health (like Mirabel’s loneliness due to not getting a gift), intergenerational trauma (When Abuelo died), and most importantly, it provides a message that someone isn’t just what you see with your eyes. They could be struggling with anything. And the songs and plot may be confusing for children 10 and under (they might not understand mental health and stuff like that) but they are a super positive message reflecting negative things that most families with children in them of today suffer. I recommend this!

EXTREMELY disappointed

I was talking to a few people, and they mentioned this movie and how they thought it was good, so I decided to give it a watch. The "story" was bland, almost no humor at all, characters one-dimensional, and the ending was confusing to me. If you want a fun movie night, pick (almost) literally anything else than this.
2 people found this helpful.

bad

my lil sister and her friends wanted to see movie so I had to tag along but the movie is good for a nap
This movie was very boring, this is not appropriate for kids under 14
1 person found this helpful.

Overrated but still good

It's pretty overrated.. I don't find it very funny or charming but it's themes are excellent.
1 person found this helpful.