All teen and kid member reviews for Epic

Kid, 8 years old January 25, 2015

8 yr old Thoughts on epic

I am eight years old and I had to leave this movie. It was sweet at first but the second the queen died everything went downhill. Overall I found this movie to be too violent.
Kid, 9 years old June 3, 2013

Really is EPIC

I went to see this new release with my mom, brother 4yo, and my other brother 8yo. It really is epic, but maybe too epic for some kids. The boggins might scare some kids. For some parts my brother 4yo was on my moms lap, he was a little scared.The movie had a lot of violence, I don't think it had to be that violent to make it good. If kids are paying attention they might learn some new stuff about nature. There are positive role models and positive messages too. My mom was caught laughing in the middle of the movie, I was too. There's a little bit of humor with slugs. Please go see this film. I recommend it to 5yo and up. I hope this review helped you.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTommyhead September 18, 2013

Kids & Teens 10-16

It has good messages as well as not nice swear words.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymedialover32 August 31, 2013

it's ok

good, sometimes boring. i only liked ais ansari
Kid, 9 years old July 30, 2013

Good movie for kids

It's a really good movie and it doesn't have any rude parts.Some of the parts are really funny.Children you celebrities well will probably know Beyonce so kids will be crazy about it but tell the kids that she is only there for beginning part because after that she dies.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTiggeythetiger July 19, 2016

Very good movie but haven't seen it

This movie should be for teenagers because it is to violent for it to be a 7 year old movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byLuke Starkiller February 21, 2016

Not as good as Pixar

Blue Sky Studios is a definite cut below Pixar, but Epic was still an entertaining film that wasn't too intense. There were a couple shots that were a bit disturbing, but it wasn't scary per se. Just don't expect something as good as Inside Out, The Incredibles, WALL-E, Up, etc. The romantic subplot was a bit annoying, but it didn't take away from the movie's pretty original story line. I'd recommend it, but not strongly, for most families.
Kid, 12 years old January 24, 2015

Not Very Epic

It's a cute, silly movie, but it's not very "epic" as a whole. It's super clean, but not worth watching unless it's from redbox.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRachel Laufer August 3, 2014

Another pretty scary movie with a good message and cheap plot.

I appreciate the message of this movie. This movie was shown in my classroom on Valentine's day when I was still in school. However, I did not like it very much. In fact, I couldn't stand it. Epic is a loud and pretty scary movie. Oh the plot! I could have chosen a better plot if I were to write for this. It is a little difficult to describe the scary things here.
Kid, 12 years old July 11, 2014

it is epic and has great role models

A funny and crazy adventure, it has great role models.
Kid, 9 years old March 22, 2014

Epic is epic

Epic has some intense bow-and-arrow action. Some language you might be able hear it. Some scary animal action. And some creepy bug images.(since the leafmen are so small) Great movie!!!!
Kid, 10 years old January 22, 2014

Epic Review

The Movie Epic was good. Just fine. It has more violence and fighting then most animation movies do.
Kid, 9 years old December 8, 2013

BEST JUNGLE ANIMATED MOVIE EVER!

I think this movie was the best animated movie in the jungle! There are scary moments for very little kids but the story plot is a good story! There may be 1 or 2 deaths but there is no blood shown at all! The end of the story gives you a lesson about nature and love
Kid, 11 years old October 27, 2013

nice

It was good overall.
Teen, 15 years old Written byStevie111 September 30, 2013

Boring, typical disney movie where someone dies and someone else has daddy issues, and there is fairly intense violence

Teen, 13 years old Written byPhunsukh W. September 28, 2013

This Could Have Been Better Without a Cliché Plot

A good plot formed movie, however, it is not that "epic" in my opinion. A regular story of the forces of good and evil, trying to gain one particular goal, in this case, a pod, is hackneyed, and can be referenced to many films.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 September 18, 2013

Epic had plenty of potential but just didn't live up to its name

Epic is a visually appealing movie but sadly has a derivative storyline. The Positives are The Voice acting (Believable acting and most of all, each actor fits the character that it portrays), the animation (Visually appealing, nicely designed and fittingly gorgeous), the music (it fits the movie and is at times on cue with the emotions at hand), the pace (very fast) and finally the messages (I liked how it showed that Relationships are important, never give up and always forgive). The Negatives are the derivative storyline (Pretty much steals Narrative ideas from Avatar, The Little’s and Honey I Shrunk the Kids), the lack of character development (Pretty much no characters are developed), typical bad guy (Nothing about him stands out as well as his background isn’t explored), clichéd father-daughter relationship, and finally the movie wasn’t epic (The title is epic and in No way was the movie actually that and was rather small in scope). I would not recommend this film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byasianinthehouse September 7, 2013

Fine but not epic

In my opinion it didn't quite reach the level of epic but it was good. The scenery was quite magnificent and creative with its majestic colours. Furthermore it was violent but nothing like gore and blood just sword fighting, very awesome. Also, there was funny scenes but mostly they involve with a slug, a very dashing and cool one. However I was disappointed of the way they put the moral out. The character kind of went a bit of track in the solution of defeating the evil and didn't give me a powerful message but a very weak one. All in all, the movie had colourful scenes and had a sense of humor but they didn't quite put the moral out very well as for the romance was a bit bad, I have to mention, and a boring time to time. That's my opinion though.
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

Matthew's Epic Movie Review

I'm 10 and this movie was pretty good. it might be a little to violent/scary for kids under 7. its not bloody or any thing intense, its little guys and the bad guys try to destory the forest. If i could chose the MPAA rating and reason, it would be: this film is rated PG for- Mild Action, and scary events for young kids
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2013

Epic: An Epic Idea

Epic is a nice movie that can create a franchise once again for Blue Sky. It is a very different story and is a fun movie for kids. Bottom-Line: It is fun movie for kids as it has a different story.