All teen and kid member reviews for Eragon

Kid, 9 years old August 21, 2009

Perfect for tweens

This movie is very good the only thing that is a bit scary is the bug mummy things....
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN February 11, 2011

I'd say for about 9 and up, unless kids aren't afraid of a lot of fantasy violence.

Though this movie is nowhere near the same plot as the book it was still pretty good for as low of a budget as it had. I will admit (grudgingly) that it could have been better, but they had some popular (and hot!) actors: Ed Speleers, Jeremy Irons, Garrett Hedlund, Sienna Guillory, and Christopher Egan for example. Most of the battle scenes would be pretty scary for younger kids, meaning... under 9 I'd say. You know how fantasy violence is, I mean some of the main characters are dragons (obviously), dark wizards, and magical elves. Eragon is a good role model, he always wants to do what's right even though he may not quite be ready for it. All ends well, but the end leaves you hanging. I assume that it was intended to make you want to see the sequel and I still pray they will make Eldest and Brisingr, but there's not much possibility for that. It's still a pretty good movie though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFirebirds Daughter December 16, 2010

Give it a Rest, Folks

I must concede, I've never read the books. I have no intention of doing so. They seem just not my thing. However, the movie I liked. I know people who read the book and that made them prejudiced against the movie. I thought the movie would be outright horrible. I was wrong. It was actually alright. There were, indeed, some problems with it, I'll admit, and I don't think it's suitable for nine-year-olds. However, I think there should be a law that if you end a movie with a cliff-hanger like THAT one. I mean, REALLY people? I would have gone and seen it. I think what I think with most things is that people need to stop railing on them so much and actually look at them. Just step back for a moment and see what you think then. Be rational, and not prejudiced by what others told you. This movie was actually quite nice, if you just appreciate it for itself.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimelordiness November 2, 2015

I am insulted

The Common sense review got it right. It fell flat and was overly gory. But I disagree that "kids won't care" I did care. It destroyed one of my favourite books. For shame. For shame.
Teen, 16 years old Written byisabella88888 July 14, 2013

VIOLENCE AND FANTASY ...

Good but kids under the age of 9 will not understand the storyline. I'd say the book is slightly better though ...
Teen, 14 years old Written bySapphire Fire August 6, 2009

Amazing and Clean Movie

This was a great movie. I think that it isn't exactly like the book, story-wise, but the elements of the characters are perfect. The graphics are great, the story is fast ands suspenseful, and the good is identified as good and the bad is clearly bac. I think it odes a good job of seperating the two- there is no gray areas. Everyone has a side that they're on, the side they pick is apparent. I loved this movie, but younger kids should be cautious- the violence is intense.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGentle Warrior August 22, 2016

Doesn't really follow the book.

The movie had almost nothing to do with the book: It spoiled the book (which is amazing!), and the movie isn't even that good. There is some violence at the end, but nothing too gory.
Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2016

Doesn't live up to the book

If you knew me, I'm a definite fan of Eragon - the whole series - so naturally, the fact that there was a movie was a real excitement for me. However, upon watching the movie, there are definitely multiple things that bother me to this day... First of all, a lot of the parts are not like the book whatsoever. One of the things repeatedly said is that Arya has long dark hair, and this actress has coppery hair! I feel that the people making this movie should have thought more about the importance of a character's appearance, because it really is important. I don't remember much about this movie because I watched it a long time ago, but I do remember thinking that a lot of the other facts were wrong as well. I remember that Saphira seemed a lot more hokey rather than epic like how she was portrayed in the book, and the climax was rather anti-climatic. So the book was pretty bad, but there were some epic parts, I have to admit. If you know nothing about the book, it would seem like a cool fantasy movie. Overall, it wasn't good. I wouldn't watch it if I were you, but if you haven't read the book and/or don't have any expectations, it can be an okay book.
Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2016

Stupid movie that's NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE BOOK!!!

If I hadn't read the book, I would probably give this movie a higher rating. However, since I was such a big fan of the book, I was surprised Christopher Paolini wasn't enraged at the prospect of the movie deleting and changing MAIN, NECESSARY scenes from the original. My point: don't watch the movie, read the books.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEragonBromsson March 30, 2016

STAR WARS EPISODE 4

Nothing but a cheap Star Wars rip off. Convoy is ambushed and princess sends information ( In this case, the egg) away and is captured. A boy finds something that reveals he is special. Boy's family is murdered by evil empire. Boy goes out for revenge. Boy finds Rebels. Boy joins rebels and helps take out the empire's main weapon.
Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2016

More depressing than the book.

The movie didn't follow the storyline like I hoped it to. Action packed, sad but satisfying.
Teen, 13 years old Written byybco124 January 25, 2016

AWFUL

Really don't bother it is all wrong, the books great, this not. All of the facts are wrong and that oh don't even ....... I don't know... READ THE BOOKS
Teen, 13 years old Written byDavid145678910 November 20, 2015
Dont watch! You will have a nightmare.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadow21 February 23, 2015

great film for older kids

I get really annoyed when young kids watch older shows that are to old for them. like 9 yr olds watching the hobbit. and that is why i leave this movie a 9 and up. also, this movie really pushes the PG rating.
Kid, 9 years old August 15, 2014

AWSOME ( ILL YOUS ALL CAPS!)

YAY! I READ ALL THE PARENT REVEIWS AND I HATED THEM THERE OFFENSIVE :( I LOVED THE MOVIE AND THE BOOK! ME LIKEY! :::)))
Teen, 16 years old Written byGranite hammer January 4, 2014

Don't waste your money

This movie will disappoint you. It has left out so many important charicters such as the twins or Jeod. And has only used about 50% of the book. Bad graphics and cheesy dialog such as " let's fly to live or die". Over all a terrible movie.
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2013

this murders the genius book by ripping off the lord of the rings with costuming so bad, i feel like i'm watching a lego cutscene.

Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2012

Violent

Nothing like the fantastic book. Scenes like the dark sorcerer getting an arrow to the head. Is that really necessary? The intense battle scenes are made to get good reviews not to follow the book. Very disappointing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygoodreviews101 November 5, 2012

An hour and a half for Eragon?

This movie is so stupid. The book was amazing, and they turned it into a movie that was 1 1/2 hours. It skipped so many parts, I can't believe that someone would dare to release such a bad movie. Hope some other director will remake it into a movie that is at least 2 1/2 hours. Huge disapointment.
Kid, 12 years old September 21, 2012

Fans of the book could easily be dissapointed. Others will get confused.

My suggested MPAA Rating: PG for fantasy violence involving battle sequences, and some frightening images.