Kid reviews for Erin Brockovich

Legal drama based on a true story has lots of cursing.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJ.C. Aldridge June 19, 2018

Rated 15 (strong language, sex reference).

SEX/NUDITY - There is one strong sex reference which involves the main character jokingly saying "six-hundred and thirty-four blow jobs in five days". The main character also wears revealing clothing throughout most of the film. VIOLENCE/GORE - There is a brief car crash at the beginning of the film, however, there is no detail. PROFANITY - Strong language (f**k) occurs frequently throughout the film. There are also some use of milder terms (s**t, b******t, b***h). DRINKING/DRUGS/SMOKING - There are scenes of alcohol consumption. A woman briefly refers to the fact that she used to smoke marijuana in the past. THREAT/HORROR - The main character receives an ominous threatening phone call. There is a brief moment of suspense where the main character thinks her children are missing, but this is quickly resolved.

Teen, 13 years old Written byFilms123 April 20, 2020

Entertaining courtroom drama is elevated by Julia Roberts

15+ is very extreme for Erin Brockovich. Other than language, it’s a tame film. It’s a good film mind you, and Roberts shines as the titular character, but it’s not that bad. Anyway, a darn good film, not the best, but really good.

Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2019

It's amazing, but maybe too much

Well, first of all, I would rate this 14+ only if you are mature and responsible. If you are not mature, then watch when you're 15, not 14. My mother encouraged me to watch this because I would love to be an Environmental Lawyer when I grow up. Also, I love the actress, Julia Roberts, who plays Erin Brockovich. This movie is based on a true story, one that could only happen to one in a million people. Although, the story is still magnificent to watch, because, when you finish the movie, you say stuff like, 'Wow, I did not know that this could happen to someone...', or 'That was an amazing story'. I am eleven years old, and even though I put that this movie is 14+, I watched it and it is now my all-time favorite movie. Look, if you're eleven years old and you're reading this review and you want to watch the movie, don't ask your parents that, because I would understand if your parents don't want an eleven year-old watching Erin Brockovich. Why? There is way too much swearing! I understand that I can't repeat these words, so I was allowed to watch it. Somtimes, you laugh, because Erin keeps clashing everybody when she's frustrated, which is funny.
For violence, we can only see at first, a character is in a car accident seen from far away. The character doesn't die.
For sex, we see a bit of flirting, (I won't spoil when), and just a little scene in the middle of a movie. Also, Erin once tells someone , 'So, by that, I should assume that you never get laid'. That was really funny, really.
But, at the end, there's an amazing thing that happens!! It's so great for Erin.... And, as I said, this was based on a real story, so, like... Anyway, thanks for reading my review!

Teen, 16 years old Written byanonymous2021 September 6, 2019

Okay for ages 16+

This movie has lots of cursing and some smoking.

Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2019

I loved this movie!

Ultimate female empowerment movie. I like how it shows not to judge people by how they dress, by their job or schooling. The movie teaches you to never give up when things get hard and to believe in yourself.

Teen, 16 years old Written byBrigidArmbrust December 6, 2018
Teen, 14 years old Written bynolegirl97 July 22, 2011

Shows leadership and character!

I think that this movie is only rated R because it drops the F bomb a couple of times. Do you seriously think that your kids don't hear that in the locker rooms at school? It is a fantastic movie, and teaches some valuable lessons

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieFreak101 April 9, 2008

I'm still can't belive this actually happened.....

Erin Brockovich must have a incredible women! This was a wonderful way to prove anything is possible.....
Best Wishes,
MovieFreak101

This movie is ok for: 15+

RIP: Ed Massey: Wonderful man and brilliant friend.