Kid reviews for Escape Room

Constant peril, limited bloodshed in trap scare-fest.

Teen, 13 years old Written byReviewsbyateen October 17, 2020

This is my fav movie ever!

I went to go see this movie when I was 12 in the cinemas and I was scared because it was a horror but when we finished it I have to say this is more of a psychological thriller than horror. The thing that makes this movie so good is that they have 5 or 6 main characters and in each room one of them could die so it’s not predictable. This movie is just overall amazing, amazing story line, amazing cliffhanger, amazing actors and actresses! There are no jump scares btw!

Kid, 11 years old October 6, 2019
I think it is a very good movie the trailer makes it look like a scary and bad movie for kids to watch but it is not as bad as it seems it is a good movie a little bit of cussing big!!!!! Plot twist

Teen, 13 years old Written byLucas_123 June 25, 2021

Teen, 17 years old Written byShowman movie13 November 25, 2020

Tense perilous moments

This movie was not very violent but it did have lots of tense perilous moments. People are in constant peril throughout the film. Violence wise, well, it is not too intense. I have to say the violence was mild but instead you get to see lots of tense moments. This film is OK but it wasn't exactly the best movie I've seen. Language; constant swearing with a breif F-bomb. I say 13+ can see this.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIlikemoviesandgames November 8, 2019

It's fun and intense

It is violent but nothing to bad it's just intense. Has nice twist. Not scary

Teen, 14 years old Written byMOVIEFANATIC011507 September 25, 2019

Escape Room: Review

the film was not scary at all but was violent and had some disturbing scenes but was funny and serious at points i liked the movie alot Overall 8.9/10 Great.
Kid, 12 years old September 22, 2019

It’s basically a kid-friendly version of Saw...

Like Saw, the characters have a different horrible backstory that leads to the “game master” to kill/torture them slowly for money. No positive messages, little bit of swearing, (but no f-bombs) average violence for a PG-13, no sex, other than a character talk about it. if you enjoyed Saw, give it a try!

Teen, 14 years old Written byAislynDiane September 1, 2019

Really good thriller movie!

Teen, 14 years old Written byJOSullivan15 August 22, 2019
Teen, 15 years old Written byEliffgg June 30, 2019

Ok horror. Not one of my favorites

It is not good. But it is fun and a good way to waste an afternoon.
Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2019

Meh

It’s ok it’s really cheesy and the characters are honestly kinda dumb. But I really like the characters backstorys. It wasn’t a bad movie but it wasn’t a good movie. 3 stars

Teen, 13 years old Written byOofandreetandyeet June 3, 2019

Wow

It’s really strange in the beginning but as you move on it gets kinda cool. I recommend.

Teen, 13 years old Written byacexp703 May 31, 2019

Intense and Immersive

I think that this movie is really good movie to watch with others your age. I'm a very mature watcher and this was a perfect movie for me. I loved every bit of it. The scenes at the end were a little worse than the rest of the movie, but other than that, this movie is amazing.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMAVERICKnight September 16, 2021
Teen, 13 years old Written bystich252 July 20, 2021

Interesting, but not original.

This was a great, intense, and shocking movie. When I first looked at it, I wanted to see it REALLY bad. I waited about a year to watch it and then it just reminded me of a friendlier Saw. You should be worried about the language, as there is one and a half uses of f**k, and then many other milder words, frequently being said. Something to look at is the violence and terror as well. Moments could be intense for viewers, as it is basically a torture system. The deaths aren’t really gory, they’re just very intense, including drowning, heart failure, falling, beating, shooting, and strangling. Interesting idea, but in my personal opinion, it wasn’t COMPLETELY original.

Teen, 14 years old Written byastronaut_in.th... July 18, 2021

Intense but enjoyably so

Although my mom was hesitant to watch it with my 11 year old brother, it ended up being a great choice for family movie night and we cannot wait to see the squeal!

Characters work together throughout the movie and in the end, teamwork comes out on top. Deaths are not gruesome, but they are definitely intense. However, I would undoubtedly say that Escape room is more of a thriller than it is a horror movie.

Various plot twists left us on the edge of our seats and I would recommend this movie to anyone that loves suspense!

Kid, 9 years old June 21, 2021

Intense, but good!

Giving how my 7 year old sister is better at handling gore than me, I would rate this 7 and up, if there were no swears. The swears make this not family friendly because of the uses of the F bomb and the S bomb, but a lot of people already know these. Because of the swears and the cigarette reference, I would rate this 11 and up, 5 stars.

Kid, 11 years old June 16, 2021

Sounds scary but it not

The trailer makes it seem really scary but it’s more of scary as in unpredictable. There are no jump scares, and it was a really good movie. I don’t think someone would have nightmares from the movie (unless they were under 8 years old, but it depends on the kid and if they get scared more easily.) In the movie people do die but it’s not graphic at all because you usually can’t see when they die because it’s not usually shown. I advise that if you are a parent you watch the movie before you let your kid watch the movie unless they are 11+ and then you can see if you think that your child would be to scared to watch it. Anyways, the movie is one of the best horror movies I have ever seen and there are swear words that are used during the movie, but if your child is 11+ they will probably already know all of the swear words used.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThrasher3729 June 11, 2021

Pretty good, some language

Good but a little swearing
Teen, 13 years old Written bypillowduck May 25, 2021

SUPER COOL Thriller/mystery

A super fun movie!! It was less horror and more psychological thriller, but the characters were strong, and there were some cool twists and turns.