Kid reviews for Escape Room

Escape Room Poster Image

Scary but an okay movie

This movie wasn’t bad but definitely scary. I watched it when I was 10 and I recommend to wait until your 11-12. You didn’t see much gore but there was a lot of violence and swearing. It’s a good movie for older kids.

AMAZING MOVIE

I love the plot of the movie!! It is an amazing starter for more horror movies. I must say that I’m a really sensitive teen but even with that, I highly recommend it!! It does have a lot of violent and I was shocked when the first dead began. Some dead’s are really sad. You will learn about the characters a lot and when they die, you definitely feel emotions! I think that I would be scared if I was a bit younger, so I wouldn’t watch it if you are very sensitive and younger than 13.. Also if you can’t handle flashing lights… please don’t watch it! After all it is an amazing movie!!! Oh and btw, there is drinking, smoking etc but that caracter really wants to change and you will know all their stories in the end :))

AMAZING MOVIE

This movie is the best and great for mature 10+ and up!!!!!!!!!!

I as a mature 11 yr old loved this and found this very entertaining! For violence there is no gore, someone is choked, and someone’s leg is stabbed but no blood except for a quick brief of the wound. There is two not too bad mentions of sex. There is frequent swearing but nothing your kid hasn’t heard from other shows or other kids. There is no consumerism but someone gets into a car crash and kills his friends in a brief flashback because he was drunk, the same character also smokes but knows it’s bad for him and is judged by other people upon this bad habit. Team work is the main necessity to getting out alive, they work together and some even befriend each other. I would say this film is not for your 6-9 year old but would be a nice movie night thriller for your mature tween, and also a great chance to explain some stuff to your child.

Very Good

This was a great movie, some violence, swearing and of course a constant theme of peril but it should be okay for anyone over 13 ish.

Good thriller movie

Overall this movie is good for mature 10 year old's. There's a good plot twist and keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole movie. Violence: A lot of violence, but mostly not shown. The worst is someone getting stabbed in the leg while being crushed (which is only shown for a little while), and someone getting strangled. If your kid can handle stuff like that, it's probably okay. Smoking: There is only mild smoking. Only one person, but there is a brief mention about how it's bad. There is also one mention about sex but no one kissing out anything. Just thriller.

A Pleasant Suprise; Peril

My personal MPAA rating PG-13 for Death-trap related peril and terror throughout, and some language VIOLENCE - 8/10 Near-constant deathtrap peril, with dying too. Each main character is the sole survivor if a certain accident. death by Drowning, Falling, (persumably) Beating. LANGUAGE - 7/10 One "F**k," as well as "S**t," "Damn," "Hell" are frequently said. SEX - 1/10 One butt joke ("This is the worst game of Twister ever), and later "No one wants to have sex with you." DRINKING / DRUGS - 3/10 A fatal car crash was persumed to happen by teen drinking, the driver of the car (a main character who survived the crash) also smokes in the early minutes if the film.

Interesting, but not original.

This was a great, intense, and shocking movie. When I first looked at it, I wanted to see it REALLY bad. I waited about a year to watch it and then it just reminded me of a friendlier Saw. You should be worried about the language, as there is one and a half uses of f**k, and then many other milder words, frequently being said. Something to look at is the violence and terror as well. Moments could be intense for viewers, as it is basically a torture system. The deaths aren’t really gory, they’re just very intense, including drowning, heart failure, falling, beating, shooting, and strangling. Interesting idea, but in my personal opinion, it wasn’t COMPLETELY original.

Intense but enjoyably so

Although my mom was hesitant to watch it with my 11 year old brother, it ended up being a great choice for family movie night and we cannot wait to see the squeal! Characters work together throughout the movie and in the end, teamwork comes out on top. Deaths are not gruesome, but they are definitely intense. However, I would undoubtedly say that Escape room is more of a thriller than it is a horror movie. Various plot twists left us on the edge of our seats and I would recommend this movie to anyone that loves suspense!