Kid reviews for Escape Room

Constant peril, limited bloodshed in trap scare-fest.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybookworm3284 January 8, 2019

*4.5* Thrilling, edge of your seat, but violent.

What a great January release. With this movie people either love it or hate it. I loved it. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, and the opening scene just grabbed me and set the stakes. This was entertaining but violent, sad and disturbing in some parts. There is barely any blood, and when there is it is not graphic at all (you see a quick image of open heart surgery on an old TV as a hint, you see the aftermath of gun shots, and you see an injury on one characters head), there is a high body count, and the suspense can tear you apart. The ending was what surprised me though. The plot twist and cliffhanger ending sets up for a sequel which I hope is made. The body count is high considering how many of the main characters die. And they die in each of their own disturbing ways (drowning in freezing water, falling from 2000 feet, from getting accidentally murdered, from getting poisoned, from head bashing, etc.) But it is nowhere near as graphic as the HARD R-rated Saw movies. There's not really a lot to say about this movie with out spoiling any of the complex and amazing storyline. This is a great movie, it was very very entertain, it was suspenseful and thrilling, but not for the lighthearted. There are flashing lights and dizzying images in this so if you are sensitive to those types of images, you may want to skip this in theaters and wait for it to come out on DVD so you can easily skip those parts. My MPAA rating: PG13 (for sequences of terror, violence, menace, some bloody images, and brief language)
Kid, 10 years old January 13, 2019

Amazing!

Not any gore or sex, in my personal opinion it’s not scary and I’m 10 but for others it may be.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCheesyCritic January 4, 2019

Just Enough Scary

This movie gives you intense moments, but they are mixed with exciting discoveries about the characters. The movie is scary at points, but in my opinion just right. The storyline is very interesting and I highly recommend this movie!

Written byAnonymous January 22, 2019

Escape Room

The thriller of a lifetime that will keep you one the edge of your seat.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJack321 January 6, 2019

OMG!!!!!!this movie is intense Escape room (2019)

Very good movie worth a watch but 100% not for kids under 13 this movie is good but tense and a little bit scary There is some language but Notting really but in my opinion 13+ 9/10 MPAA PG-13. BBFC 15.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygrayson_walker January 4, 2019

Suggestive mystery is appropriate for tweens.

When I saw Escape Room, I had to admit It was a bit scary. There is a good amount of violence including a fatal car accident, electrocution, attempted murder, shootings, and more. The language isn't too bad, (sh*t, d**k) but two people do talk about having sex. But overall, the plot is good, there isn't much blood, and it is a good movie for tweens and up.

Teen, 17 years old Written bySushiCat January 20, 2019

Possibly 13+, BUT MUST READ!!

Oh my gosh- I literally just came back from the movie theater and well- this movie is not what you thought. Well, maybe not completely. The trailer exhibits it as probably another cheesy thriller movie, but actually the rooms were very well designed, we all love great filming and graphics, and there were plot twists- be warned, flashing lights in one part, and very intense and anxiety-causing/stressful, but it's called a thriller for a reason. Very well executed, great for a night out with friends. It gives you a jolt, alright, but I think you'll find it just as exciting as I did. Blood in some parts and some of the flashbacks may be "disturbing" but it's rated PG-13 for a reason- nothing more than blood/ violence though. Edit- Yes, well, technically it may be "cheesy" or "already done" but it's more of a movie to just watch with your friends and give you a good jolt, even if it is "dumb" or however some would describe it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKiersten.elisabet January 19, 2019

A thriller not a horror

It seems like it would be a horror. But it’s actually a thriller and very good. While some tragic things happen the characters are well built and the female role models are great! In my opinion the females were shown as the smartest and strongest! Love it!

Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2019

Super good

Thrilling. Not too scary depending on maturity. I loved it
Teen, 14 years old Written byK8E February 1, 2019

Meh...

I think a mature 13 year old would be able to handle this just fine. It's not a scary movie, it's just super suspenseful. There are some sexual jokes throughout the movie but I only think older teens or adults would understand them. For one scene in the movie I had to look away because they were in some illusion room and there was flashing lights and and it made me feel a bit sick. Me and my friends also thought the movie was unrealistic. The ending wasn't good either. They hinted towards having a sequel but it just seemed like they were stretching the plot. They ended with a cliff hanger and I'm not even eager to see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheLittleCupcake January 20, 2019

GREAT MOVIE!!

This movie has violence, some blood, and drugs. It’s very suspenseful, so I would say ages 11 and up depending on what your child can handle. But if your child can handle that, ABSOLUTELY TAKE THEM TO SEE THIS MOVIE! It keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time, and you will be completely captivated by the twists turns and story line! It was so good, that when it finished, I had to take a second to bring myself back into reality! It’s a great movie!! 10 out of 5 stars!

Teen, 16 years old Written byGhoulGirl13 January 9, 2019

Really Good Movie!!!!

I personally liked this movie. Even though it was PG-13, there was some sexual comments, and there is violence throughout the movie. This movie really got me into it - when characters died I felt really upset because it got me attached to them. As you get further into the movie you’ll learn so much about the characters and how each room is more than just a room they have to get out of. There’s a deeper meaning. The ending personally, I don’t understand why it got so much hate. It’s SO suspenseful, and something tells me there will be a sequel (you’ll know when you see it). Personally I think this movie is like Saw and the Belko Experiment which just makes it better because I’m a fan of those movies. Great movie overall, I really recommend it. It doesn’t get boring at all - it really will capture your attention and hold you there till it’s “over” - which it really isn’t. There are also some comedy parts where the characters make funny comments - some were really funny. One thing I didn’t understand was how they managed to sometimes crack jokes when a character JUST died...but it’s always good to smile I guess. Good movie though!!!! Go see it if you haven’t already. I saw it the day after it released and didn’t regret anything!

Kid, 11 years old March 11, 2019