All teen and kid member reviews for E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

Teen, 13 years old Written bybkid August 15, 2010
Kid, 10 years old June 4, 2011

GOOD

i showed this to a 6 year old and they were fine but i still think that the language is an issue
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2010

Very Appealing to Younger Children But May Frighten

This movie has very positive messages and role models. I'm concerned, though, about the very strong languange that they use. I am also concerned about the violence in this movie. For example, the older boy, for Halloween, has a fake ax on his head with fake blood. I am also concerned about the government agents always chasing after E.T. The scene where E.T. turns very pale is very emotional and somewhat frightening. E.T., himself, might frighten younger children by his image. I, myself, am very frightened of his image. But he is overall cute and very loving. E.T. is very small and cute and probably will appeal to younger children like 3 year olds. This is my highlights and concerns about E.T.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypatience1997 September 27, 2011

Good movie

E.T. is a good movie for families, although it does contain some bad language and alcohol. It does contain a good message from a Christian perspective. The message would be about making friendships and helping someone in need. E.T. also has a good world view. I liked the movie because I thought it was funny and had a good message.
Kid, 11 years old June 26, 2015

Fantabulous! The best Stephen Speilberg by far.

Definitely a must see for alien loving kids. Loads of insults like "Ur Anus", "penis breath", also some brief profanities like s--t. A very upsetting thematic element where it appears that E.T. Is going to die (he is white and pale). E.T. Is trapped in Elliot's home that has been quarantined. E.T. Gets hungover after accidentally drinking beer, and Elliot and E.T. Both act very drunk in this circumstance. In the same scene, Elliot kisses a young girl with no notice.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDominicboo1 January 27, 2012

One of the best sci-fi films ever!

This sweet tale of friendship has some mild language, but otherwise is a sweet family movie everyone should enjoy. This is a perfect movie on all levels! You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll wonder why not many family movies are as good as this. Spielberg's greatest film is a pure joy for all ages.
Teen, 13 years old Written byswimmer_1998 September 27, 2011

Kindness, joy, and friendship

Although E.T. is a fictional movie, it captures truth and hope. It expresses a joy everyone wants in their lives. It shows a friend ship. A true friendship between two people, who are complete opposites, yet they understand each other and get along perfectly. This movie does have some bad content, like language and product placement. But, it’s still a great movie. Personally I liked it. It wasn’t my favorite movie ever, but I did like its message and meaning.
Kid, 12 years old September 26, 2011

See E.T.

I think E.T. was a moving movie even though E.T. is an alien. They made E.T. so real in this movie that he can really seem real. I liked this movie because it was funny as E.T. learned he got to connect with Elliot and they really loved each other. In this movie there was some alcohol in one part when E.T. gets drunk. There is very little violence in this movie, and there is no sexual content. There is some bad language in this movie and big product placement with Reeses Pieces. This movie has good role models and it has positive messages like friendship and love. I think it is a good movie that you should see.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 April 18, 2011

Disturbing...

I HATED this movie. This disturbed me and made me feel sick! I hated it. Do not watch this! It is horrible.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake September 12, 2010

E.T. Not in my home

Its really sweet, but I had a nightmare that E.T. was jumping around in my living room making strange noises. Also, when I saw the movie at grandmas, I hid it, nobody found it for at least 2 years. Its a good movie, I was just scared of E.T. and some of the music is creepy. Then again, I'm just a wuss.
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2015

E.T. The great movie

I used to be scared of this movie when I was little and then I watched it and thought this movie is really great! I think parents and kids should watch this . It will make you cry and laugh. But there is a lot of language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMichael Fraraccio March 15, 2013

"The Story that Touched the World"

E.T. is a great movie that will forever stand the test of time. It still resonates with millions of audiences across the US. And I'm one of 'em. I at first thought it would be scary because of the cover. Because of the COVER. How stupid is that? But finally when I was 10 years old, Mom talked me into it. I liked it instantly. I never cried, but it still had the same effect on me it had on so many others, and that led to several repeat viewings. I never got tired of it, and now at 14 years old, I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. I Highly recommend it. Go ahead check it out. You won't be sorry. And don't listen to the reviews saying the language is soooooo bad. It's just a couple of S-words. Do you think it should be PG-13 just because of that? You be the judge. Anyway...It's one of my favorite movies. It's unforgettable.
Kid, 12 years old September 28, 2011

Amazing Movie!!!

E.T. was a movie that was funny ,sad ,and sometimes it can get a little out of hand on parts of it but over all ,it was a great and exiting movie. The content had good and positive messages and great role models but there was some bad language and some noticeable product placement and a lot of drinking, specifically on one scene were E.T. gets drunk. My opinion on this movie is that it is a great movie and every family would love to watch it. I give it an A+! 
Teen, 14 years old Written byAmazingest H. #76 September 28, 2011

One of the best movies made!

E.T. was a pretty good movie. I can remember when I was little watching this movie, I had nightmares from when they searched the house. But now that i'm older and understand better I learned how this good this movie really is! This movie has too much drinking, like when E.T. gets drunk. There is some foul language that I wouldn't wan't my kids hearing or saying. ;) It hads an ok world view. Even though Steven didn't notice it he actually recreated the story of Jesus' life! So overall this movie was pretty good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan November 16, 2015

"E. T. the Extra-Terrestrial" movie review

"E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" is a movie that is beloved by many. It is a great childhood film and one of the best family films of all time. The cinematography and shots of this film is amazing even to this day. The classic bike over the moon is iconic. The nice, fresh, crisp look to this film is astounding. Steven Spielberg directed "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" with extreme care. This is a movie that is meticulously shot and edited. The acting even the child performances are great. Elliot is a nice character and so are his siblings. E.T. is adorable and great comic relief. The overlying theme of this film is the importance of friendship and the experience of bonding with one another. It doesn't matter where one comes from; it only matters what they will do in the future. I really enjoyed watching "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial". My only complaint with the film is that the first 15 minutes are a little slow. Other than that, this movie is perfect.
Teen, 14 years old Written byArtpigandtad October 5, 2012

E.T. Phone Home!

E.T. is one of the best. You care so much for the characters and it has a fun sci-fi plot. I love it. It is one of my favorite movies, and it turns 30 this year! Sweet!
Teen, 15 years old Written byWayward Girl October 4, 2012

Completely unique and ABSOLUTELY unforgettable!

ET is a timeless classic. The only things I can imagine that might disturb kids is that 1, the characters have a few beers. 2, a slight bit of language is used, 3, siblings argue, and 4, ET may come across as scary. I remember I used to be freaked out by him when I was younger. Other than that, there is nothing else to worry about. ET is a movie for people of all ages to enjoy.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 May 27, 2012

I kinda remember it

I haven't watched it in a while, but I remember most of what happened. And I don't remember the language, but maybe it's because I was younger. Anyway it was good. I guess E.T could be considered "creepy-looking" but I never was afraid of him. :)
Kid, 12 years old September 28, 2011

I love this movie

E.T. is a really good movie .It is my favorite movie made by Steven Spielberg. I had a lot of enjoyment watching this movie their was a bit of foul language but the over all the movie was very entertaining .There is a couple bad parts that I would not like my kid to see but if a couple parts were taken out of the movie it would be great . The over all movie is and will always be a very good movie for the whole family to watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDangerousPenguines19 September 28, 2011

"Go home...." :)

E.T is along my line of favorite movie. Spielberg introduced a good message in a hillarious (yet commonly known) worldview of "extra- terrestrials." There is some bad language and little bits of drinking, but not a whole lot. E.T is a good role model for kids, but at one time does stupid things (much out of curiosity). This movie shows a "die for others" Biblical worldview, which is also followed by a redemptive worldview (when E.T ask for forgiveness). These both can be beneficial for kids, if they understand it. I liked this movie and think it is a great movie/message for the whole family.