Parent reviews for Everyone's Hero

Everyone's Hero Poster Image

This is what I would call a stereotypical kids film.

It's not bland! It's only weakness is that it's not over the top constantly...but thats not a weakness in my house. We love the simple humorous moments, slapstick, and character dynamics. There are still thrills and tense moments where the little grabs holds his face in a moment of concern for the hero, even though he's seen it 5 times already. If warm, funny, slapstick, no one dies, great chase scenes, positve historically uplifting character interaction is bland then I feel lucky the bar for us is low 'cause we're not getting this movie out of the monthly rotation any time soon.

Great family flick!

My five-year-old LOVES this film--the talking baseball cracks him up! My two-year-old enjoyed it too.

cute movie

Wonderful Family Film!

A film worthy of taking your children to. The messages imparted of friendship and perseverance and honesty and love are messages that we need to see more of in our Theatres. The only negative is the boy running away from home and the parents never closing the circle by reminding their son of the dangers of going out on his own.

Finally..good clean animation!

We were glad to be able to take our kids to a movie that was actually made for kids. There didn't appear to be the lure of analogies, euphimisms or just straight crude terms that are supposedly appealing to adults. Good clean kids movie! Can't wait for it to come out on DVD.
not rated for age

Good basic story with a moral

My 5 year old didn't get the more subtle implications, we had to discuss how he shouldn't have run away, but that he kept trying even though he wasn't a great player. Really a pretty clean cut movie with animation of a baseball and bat. He understood the little bit of violence was sort of slapstick like.

Great For Kids

This was the first animated film I've watched with my 6 Year old that I will be proud to own. Compared to the "farting, burping, sexual innuendo,dumbing down of America, etc." world of modern animation, it was refreshing. It was wonderful to sit with my son and have him express curiosity in things that were at his level of understanding. He wondered why the father lost his job for something he didn't do. He was curious as to why a little kid would run away (expressing that he would never do that), etc. It was great!